Cowdenbeath v Stranraer

Stranraer really should have been out of sight in the first 45,much the better team and some of our play was really good,Mcguigan and Longworth both one on one with the keeper both missed.We didn't start the second half well and gave Cowdenbeath the confidence to come at us they got their goal,nice free kick fella.The home team were probably edging it until Paul Cairney was introduced by Brian Reid,my boy if we can get this guy up to speed he will be our best player this season,his touches when he came on were excellent,too far away to see if the penalty was harsh but Malky did the business(his booking in the first half was a joke)although Cairney was also keen to take it.Best for the blues today were Rumsby,Bell and Cairney when he came on,Longworth fell away in the second half and Andy Stirling was quiet,but a good result for Stranraer and a fantastic away support,well done one and all.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thts some cowden fans for you tho utter roasters some of ours fans forget our resources this seasons. Mline looks un athletic as said also strange for a young lad has talent but needs to start stepping up.. Brett Buchanan, Mohammed an spence or best performers today for us..

Glad we won although it was a bit smash and grab at the end.

We were well on top in first half, went ahead through a well-worked goal - nice 1-2 between Robbo and Jammer and then Robbo's cross fed back into Thomson's path by Malky.

But we didn't push on and missed some good chances to increase our lead with nothing coming from Cowden.

Second half we were on the back foot for most of the time and the home team deservedly drew level - cracking free-kick from Brett.

We got lucky when Donaldson handled right on 90, but was encouraged to see how much Malky wanted to take it and he buried it well. Usually attempts to play out time don't work well at our level but we did this pretty effectively and then Hughes went in over the top on Keenan.

Game over and three great points to start the season. We are still a work in progress. Best for me was Rumsby who put in a power of work, especially when we were under pressure in the second half.

Bad penalty to concede if our player did raise a hand though I didn't think it looked intentional from where I was. Poor goal to concede by Cowden as we were exposed down our left side from the away side, and could have lost another from the same route. We did have some decent spells in the first period, but lacked any real conviction when we got around the away sides penalty area. Once we levelled though, there only seemed one team would go on to win, and if Nish deserves any criticism it would be that he never subbed himself for Luke much sooner, and should never have taken off Robbie whatsoever. Some no bad stuff second period but concerned about Lewis, looks well short of confidence, and Kenny surely has to play next week....Would we have been awarded that penalty ?.. no chance.

Thought Cowden were a bit unlucky today. Had lots of possession in and around the box but just never got a wee break. Can see players improving with every game. Could really do with another option or two in central defence. MOM for me was Mo at left back. Looks a decent find.

Had a perfectly good option in defence on the bench...Kenny Adamson, and yes No looks a decent player, but was posted missing defensively, especially for the first goal. Hopefuls he will be a decent player for us as the season goes on.

Thts some cowden fans for you tho utter roasters some of ours fans forget our resources this seasons. Mline looks un athletic as said also strange for a young lad has talent but needs to start stepping up.. Brett Buchanan, Mohammed an spence or best performers today for us..

Exactly the manager will have a much lower budget than those before him will have had. We had a crowd of 380 folk there today you've got to be realistic about the sort of side you can have with crowds like that.

Couldn't believe my ears when there were shouts of abuse to Colin in his first league game at full time very unfair to him.What's worse it is done at a time when the club and fans are making real efforts to collectively rally round for the good of the club and then you get people calling for the managers head in his first league game.

Agreed. I saw two men were shouting to abuse Nishy. I could not stand it so I said to them to shut up even though I believe they could not hear me or anything else. If they want to abuse someone, they should abuse to ref like I did today :P I hope they keep their mouth shut next three weeks as I will not be in Scotland so I cannot complain to them.

I hate supporters to abuse own players / manager. How can a team perform better without good supporters! Good support makes players' confidence too. The team need a confidence.

Milne's been a passenger for a year or so. Thats how long people have been saying he needs to start stepping up but he hasn't done it. The sooner Beaumont is fit so Milne can be dropped the better. His attitude is woeful.

Same old. You can't win if you can't even muster a handful of shots on target.

If it doesn't change quickly, then we are headed straight to league 2.

disappointing day,v poor 1st half but a big improvement in the 2nd and that deano goal was a beauty.i don't feel it was a penalty,looked like ball to chest for me so that was unfortunate.

the biggest disappointment for me though,and I think it was lost in all the anger at the penalty award at the end,was that for all the great play and domination in the 2nd half I don't recall their keeper having to make a save.

cant believe its not been mentioned before but that telly in the goths fucking huge ;) !

the biggest disappointment for me though,and I think it was lost in all the anger at the penalty award at the end,was that for all the great play and domination in the 2nd half I don't recall their keeper having to make a save. ;) !

I felt pretty much the same for us - neither team really tested the other keeper over much when they were in control of possession.

MOM was rightly Brett for me cracking free kick.. Like said above abit strange with nishys subs have to keep Buchanan on looked the biggest threat thot nish should have subbed himself early for Armstrong had a no bad game tho.. How the ref gives a penalty for tht is an utter disgraced pathetic refereeing sick of coming on here talking about thm hate talking about refs decision but tht one was just a joke. How he can give tht is laughable standard of refereeing in Scotland is horrible tbh. Never saw tht ref before was horrible sounds like sour grapes but we get f**k all of the salmond last week an this muppet this week.. Can see why Hughes get sent of silly thing to do but frustrated after tht decision never deserved to get beat. Next week will tough if wee looser 4 on the trott a few more faces in needed. P.s scullion is not a centre half far to slow if we are playing him an Kane should be changed round scullion can hit a pass much better in midfield if we have to play him.. Onto next week FTP!!!

What you Rangers fans like.

A few more faces!! Are you providing the cash? Reality check! Subs yesterday were not a real issue of contention. A Kane/ Scullion positional switch doesn't make any sense. Shots on target that now seems to be the flavour of the month yardstick. What about patience and encouragement and Roof Fall values?

A few more faces!! Are you providing the cash? Reality check! Subs yesterday were not a real issue of contention. A Kane/ Scullion positional switch doesn't make any sense. Shots on target that now seems to be the flavour of the month yardstick. What about patience and encouragement and Roof Fall values?

The roof seemed ok but there were no pies!!

Football fans don't have much patience though. If you don't shoot you don't score and if you don't score you won't win any games. It was the same last season. Rather see someone having a go, if they miss so what. Better than passing the ball out of play.

After the car crash of a season under Jimmy. Nishy has a major rebuilding job on his hands. Played poorly first half but good performance second half. Stranraer no 14 was their best player.

Stranraer No 14 , that's Jamie Longworth.

Archived