Cowdenbeath v Stranraer

And off we go again as the Blue Brazil and the Blues kick off the new league season with their first meeting since 2009.

Looking forward - as far as I can - to a trip to Central Park as it's not often teams like ours go as long without meeting each other. Have no idea what to expect for either of our clubs this season, but have to say we're in better shape than I thought we would be when Ginge upped and left us and a significant number of our players promoted themselves too. Mixed bag in the cups with defeat against Quee*s and a win over Stenny. We have signed some good players, but still looks as if we may need to bolster our squad for the season.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking forward to this,my 1st chance to see cowden this season,wont read too much into the previous 2 weeks,we're always shite in cups.i think a game against a stranraer team that narrowly mssed out on promotion last year should give us an idea of where we are

Not seen us play Stranraer for ages so looking forward to the game. To be honest I count the cup games as part of the preseason and if we win good if we dont not losing any sleep over it. With Andrews red carded is he out for the league game or does that carry on till next league cup game ?

Not seen us play Stranraer for ages so looking forward to the game. To be honest I count the cup games as part of the preseason and if we win good if we dont not losing any sleep over it. With Andrews red carded is he out for the league game or does that carry on till next league cup game ?

Straight red, does that not mean misses next 2 games?

Automatic next game ban for a straight red. Wasn't violent conduct so then he just gets the points for a red card and no further punishment till he reaches points total for a ban.

Cheers. Never been any good with rules ????

Would take any kind of win here to get the season off and running. Feels like we haven't turned up in the cup games so far.

Hoping Nish will have learned and will bolster the middle of the park from the off. If we get dominated there it will be the same old story again. Its pointless strengething the middle after the tempo of the game has been set and its been a problem for us for too long.

Not going. Weekend away planned. This will be a better measure of where we stand in the coming season. If we want a playoff place this is the kind of game we want to take something from - home game against another contender. I'd have said if we want to win the title but after yesterday feel even more that we will finish behind the pars.

Not going. Weekend away planned. This will be a better measure of where we stand in the coming season. If we want a playoff place this is the kind of game we want to take something from - home game against another contender. I'd have said if we want to win the title but after yesterday feel even more that we will finish behind the pars.

To be honest top 4 and a play off place would chew your arm off the money the Pars are throwing about would expect them to romp the league

Sadly after yesterday and last week and unless something changes, the Pars won't be the only team we finish behind.

Looking forward to this one to watch the new look Stranraer side.We have managed to keep some good players during the close season and added several good League 1 players,but still pretty early on so won't get too down hearted if things don't work out,expecting a close one.

I'm from Cowdenbeath and was at the game on Saturday bottom line is they were out classes by Dunfermline who will win that league and Cowdenbeath will be mid table if lucky

Impressive stuff. One game and you've got the league sussed. I've invested loads on your advice. Cheers.

Archived