Greenock Morton vs Falkirk

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're a smaller club than Falkirk. However, we're not the one branding others as diddies. If your support isn't big enough for us to justify opening a bigger part of our ground, that's not a result of Morton being diddies.

Erm im not sure that's true ..Morton to me are the biggest enigma in Scottish football quite capable of getting 5000 at home in the bottom tier of Scottish football when you're winning but your average last time in this league was around 1600 ...makes no sense ....now I know Falkirk areas population is much bigger than inverclyde & we both suffer from the same obvious pish with both cheeks but I don't think in general we are that much bigger if any

Not confident at all...we used to have a good record at cappielow& I will be there cause it's a ground I've truly missed when the sun shines on the wd end it's as good as it gets in this league ....always remember Greg shaw scoring a. Cracker for us there...& they gave us Jim Holmes who scored the worst oggy ever at broomfield

Rogers

Muirhead-Watson-Grant-Leahy

Vaulks

Alston-Sibbs-Smith

Baird-McHugh

Bowman, Maybury, Dick, Kerr, Taiwo, Shepherd, T.Grant

Taiwo will be playing to ensure we are solid

Having missed the two cup games I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine of going to the football.

The 90 minutes itself will probably be unadulterated shite from a Morton point of view, though.

Smith has certainly done enough in pre season and the two cup games to merit a start.

I would start Taiwo in the middle, gives us a bit of dig which is particularly important in away games imo. The only problem is that means Sibbald has to play wide left, and he is totally wasted there.

This could be a pretty grim afternoon.

As long as it isn't so grim that I want to go overboard during the booze cruise that evening, I'll consider it a success.

There will be many people going in the fucking sea on this booze cruise.

What's with all the gloom? You won 5-0 last week and won the league last year?

We've only added one player to a defence which struggled in League One and still have a grand total of no holding midfielders at the club, the fact we can pump a League Two team says nothing about our ability to compete at this level. It's a good thing we have a witch in goal which gives us some hope of keeping the goals conceded column respectable, but being so weak defensively leaves us with no hope of a decent season or getting results against established Championship sides like yourselves.

Archived