Greenock Morton vs Falkirk

Team will be -

Gaston

Kilday - Lamie - McKeown - Russell

Barr - Forbes - Miller - McCluskey

Peaso - Johnstone

Swap Miller with Tidser if he's fit and if Peaso is still out then replace him with Scullion.

6-0 Falkirk

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's Jim Duffy and he does things like playing a central midfielder at right back when he's got a right back at centre back and a centre back in central midfield, but if we're going into games against the likes of Falkirk playing 4-4-fucking-2 even I'll be surprised at his stupidity.

I'd get Taiwo in there, prefer it in the centre with either Vaulks or Kerr. I'm not writing Kerr off after one game. The cup final midfield worked, no reason why it can't carry on, tho Sibbs has been rather subdued, he has a lot on his shoulders, last year of contract and to match last season's performances.

Hopefully have a new striker in, as my thots on Friday was if McHugh or Baird not doing it, we don't have a great option of replacement.

Saturday is when it begins, two cup games so far are just extended friendlies....unless you get beat

You mean why are supporters of a club who scraped through a fucking dreadful league one and haven't strengthened the squad enough pessimistic? Jeez. I don't know.

Not sure what the last time we were in the division has to do with anything. We got pumped every week and conceded ten goals on the last day. I'd say there might have been good reason there.

Should we have been keeping track of your squad and performances last season? From the outside looking in, you won what in the end turned out to be a tight league (poor or not), lost narrowly to Dumbarton in the cup whilst almost coming from 3-0 down and won 5-0 at the weekend. That doesn't sound too bad - as I said, from the outside.

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking the question as to why you lot are pessimistic on the back of all that. Dunning at least provided a decent response highlighting why everyone is so negative, whereas you're more intent on whining.

Surely the terracing will open this weekend? If it isn't, I would imagine some will be put off with the thought of having to sit in that main stand.

Will be a tough game I reckon and Morton should have the momentum from last season and also yesterday's results

No excuses from us though. We need off to a good start and I would except the same XI from

Friday night to start the game

You mean why are supporters of a club who scraped through a fucking dreadful league one and haven't strengthened the squad enough pessimistic? Jeez. I don't know.

Not sure what the last time we were in the division has to do with anything. We got pumped every week and conceded ten goals on the last day. I'd say there might have been good reason there.

Can you please fix your signature. It's been annoying me for weeks.

Should we have been keeping track of your squad and performances last season? From the outside looking in, you won what in the end turned out to be a tight league (poor or not), lost narrowly to Dumbarton in the cup whilst almost coming from 3-0 down and won 5-0 at the weekend. That doesn't sound too bad - as I said, from the outside.

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking the question as to why you lot are pessimistic on the back of all that. Dunning at least provided a decent response highlighting why everyone is so negative, whereas you're more intent on whining.

One thing we can't fault Duffy for is the tremendous team spirit and attitude he's instilled in the team which is what saw us get through that tight league. Without it we wouldn't have been able to pull off comebacks like beating Ayr 2-1 having been 1-0 down going into stoppage time or beating Stenny 3-2 having been 2-0 down with 12 minutes to go, and a team managed by some other Morton managers who may or may not be Jim McInally would have collapsed after going 1-0 down on the last day when we needed to win.

A great team spirit can only get you so far though: it can help you win a league that you're one of the best teams in where every title challenger is inconsistent, but it counts for nothing if you're in a relegation battle being outclassed by vastly superior teams every week, and his failure to strengthen means that's the position we're going to be in.

Surely the terracing will open this weekend? If it isn't, I would imagine some will be put off with the thought of having to sit in that main stand.

Will be a tough game I reckon and Morton should have the momentum from last season and also yesterday's results

No excuses from us though. We need off to a good start and I would except the same XI from

Friday night to start the game

How many do you usually take on away trips for the first game of the season? If you've got more than 700 coming through, which I'd imagine you would, it'll be the WDE. Less than that and you've got the joy of the now literally collapsing stand.

in a relegation battle being outclassed by vastly superior teams every week

I don't have any quibble with the rest of your post, but the bit qouted is a bit more pessimistic than realistic.

As things stand right now, I'd expect half the league to be consistently better than us; the other half we should be able to compete with. That's not to say we'll finish above all of them, just that they are our direct competition for survival in this division this season.

Plus, the transfer window is still open. This time last week we didn't know about Denny Johnstone, and he looks like being a very good addition to the squad. We need to hope that we can get hold of 3 or 4 players of similar quality before the window closes, whether on straight transfers or on loan deals.

Not confident at all...we used to have a good record at cappielow& I will be there cause it's a ground I've truly missed when the sun shines on the wd end it's as good as it gets in this league ....always remember Greg shaw scoring a. Cracker for us there...& they gave us Jim Holmes who scored the worst oggy ever at broomfield

Im behind the goal with a horrendous white jumper......

Seen this video all over the world in bars.....

The only thing worse than the OG is the patronising comment about the "Jock" kid from that fat mess of a comedian.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I fear we don't yet have the squad to cope with Falkirk on Saturday. I'll be delighted if we get anything from this one - as I think we're bound to get stronger once JD finally gets the squad he wants. McKeown got on the park at the tail end of the Elgin game. We can only hope that he can help galvanise a ropey defence - otherwise Saturday could be messy. At this time the away win is most likely.

Archived