Greenock Morton vs Falkirk

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless we sign a holding midfielder and a right back in time for this it'll be a pumping. We do have players capable of creating chances and scoring, but it's not going to be much use if we're conceding three or more a game due to the state of the defence.

Despite today's result I still think our squad lacks the quality to trouble most teams in the championship. Then again even if we did make a few signings before Saturday we'd still have Jim Duffy in the dugout so it wouldn't make much difference. Can't see anything but a falkirk win by 2 or 3 goals.

Looking forward to this, even though we don't do winning opening fixtures.

Rogers

Duffie Watson Grant Leahy

Smith Vaulks Sibbald Alston

Baird McHugh

Or

Rogers

Kerr

Vaulks Taiwo

Sibbald

Baird McHugh

Though it appears Duffie has had an occurrence of his pre season injury, so looks like it will be Muirhead at RB. McCracken and Biabi also still out it seems.

No central midfielders in the wide areas please Houstie. I also wouldn't bother playing Kerr whichever set up we go with.

I'm assuming the Morton squad is totally unrecognisable to this time two years ago?

Will the WDE be open?

WDE will be open if it's a decent sized away crowd.

Assuming everyone is fit, I'd go:

Gaston

Pepper McKeown Lamie Russell

Miller

Forbes Tidser Scullion

MacDonald Johnstone

But it's Duffy, so Kilday and McCluskey will play.

Looking forward to this, even though we don't do winning opening fixtures.

Rogers

Smith Vaulks Sibbald Alston

Baird McHugh

Or

Rogers

Kerr

Vaulks Taiwo

Sibbald

Baird McHugh

Though it appears Duffie has had an occurrence of his pre season injury, so looks like it will be Muirhead at RB. McCracken and Biabi also still out it seems.

No central midfielders in the wide areas please Houstie. I also wouldn't bother playing Kerr whichever set up we go with.

I'm assuming the Morton squad is totally unrecognisable to this time two years ago?

Will the WDE be open?

Don't get this anti Kerr rhetoric at all thought he was one of our best players last season

Thought we had already been told WDE will be open?

Sad state of affairs that we need to plead for it from diddies like them

Can't remember the last time Morton attracted less than 900 to a competitive home game.

We were playing 11 miles away in the pissing rain. What's your excuse for that Morton crowd today? ;)

We're a smaller club than Falkirk. However, we're not the one branding others as diddies. If your support isn't big enough for us to justify opening a bigger part of our ground, that's not a result of Morton being diddies.

Archived