andriod boxes / Kodi

My 'supplier' is bringing me an updated Firestick this week. Hopefully the 2 things that worked until recently out of the hundreds will be good again. Then I'll need to install Mobdro and Terrarium again. Will give Showbox a miss as it's fucking useless.

10 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

My 'supplier' is bringing me an updated Firestick this week. Hopefully the 2 things that worked until recently out of the hundreds will be good again. Then I'll need to install Mobdro and Terrarium again. Will give Showbox a miss as it's fucking useless.

I used to do loads of fire sticks for people but in the end stopped it as got too busy

best thing is to learn how to do it yourself

once you have Kodi on, id recommend putting Paradox build on it.

they update every week or 2 and you just update build by clicking update build

you shouldn't need to install Mobdro and Terrarium again as that's on the stick and independent of Kodi 

Edited by g0tti

I used to do loads of fire sticks for people but in the end stopped it as got too busy
best thing is to learn how to do it yourself
once you have Kodi on, id recommend putting Paradox build on it.
they update every week or 2 and you just update build by clicking update build
you shouldn't need to install Mobdro and Terrarium again as that's on the stick and independent of Kodi 

That would be the ideal scenario but I'll see how this latest one goes first.

22 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Due to the SportsMania issues I've bitten the bullet and got a VPN (IPVanish)

Currently watching Huddersfield v Newcastle in HD

I use sportsmania and couldn't watch any of the PL games at the weekend unless it was through 4G on my phone. How does the VPN work is it just an add-on?

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've got a fire tv box so had to side load it through ES Explorer but it's much easier with an Android box, just install one through the play store.

I use a firestick so I'll probably need to do the same, will give it a try tonight. Seems like they are cracking down on PL games.. worked fine for the Barca and PSG games on Sunday night.

I use sportsmania and couldn't watch any of the PL games at the weekend unless it was through 4G on my phone. How does the VPN work is it just an add-on?

I have an android tv and have kodi from the play store.

Downloaded ipvanish and it worked straight away.

I'm a complete technophobe and I got it working within minutes.

21 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

I use a firestick so I'll probably need to do the same, will give it a try tonight. Seems like they are cracking down on PL games.. worked fine for the Barca and PSG games on Sunday night.

If it's an old firestick then it wont as the first gen ones can't use vpns, best bet is to get an android box

22 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:

I have an android tv and have kodi from the play store.

Downloaded ipvanish and it worked straight away.

I'm a complete technophobe and I got it working within minutes.

Can you access iPlayer ? I'm trying to connect to IPlayer through their Glasgow and London servers, all returning a message saying content can only be played in the UK. I don't know if the BBC has blocked IPVanish altogether or whether there is something else up.

11 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Can you access iPlayer ? I'm trying to connect to IPlayer through their Glasgow and London servers, all returning a message saying content can only be played in the UK. I don't know if the BBC has blocked IPVanish altogether or whether there is something else up.

There are some websites I just can't access with vpn on even though it's set to UK. Think some sites must block certain locations or certain IP addresses.

Blocked  for me are Sky ( I've got Sky bb), Argos & Playstation store - always have to disable vpn to get on them as well as some others.

Latest from Sportsmania/Ultimatemania.

4) Latest on Payments:
At the moment we are still trying to work something out for this weekend as we know it's a big weekend coming up but as it stands right now we cannot sort it in time and we don't want the loyal customers to suffer so here's what we are going to do, we are going to give a further 1 week code to customers who have expired accounts to the following products: 
1 month
3 Months
6 Months
1 Year.
The code will be live at 11am Saturday morning BST (Yes it did previously say tonight at 9 pm BST / 4 pm EST but we have changed it to give everyone who's sub ends tomorrow a fair chance) (It won't work before then guys) and the code name will be "imwithmania" .

I posted this earlier in the alternatives to sky thread as I didn't realize this  one existed,

I am in the market for a kodi box, there is a lot of choice out there though. What do I need to get up and running other than unlimited internet and a TV with a usb port? Do I just buy a kodi box or do I need anything else?

What is the best one on the market right now in terms of value for money? I was looking at the NVidia one but its over $200 on amazon and there are others in the 60-100 range. I am based in Canada, are there regional variation?

Edit- What about an amazon fire stick? Can you run kodi on that? If I can get the odd live sporting events and hbo I'd be happy. I'd probably pay for Netflix anyway.

Edited by The Equalizer

Edit- What about an amazon fire stick? Can you run kodi on that? If I can get the odd live sporting events and hbo I'd be happy. I'd probably pay for Netflix anyway.

Kodi is simple to load onto a firestick.
I've always been amazed by some of the money people pay for pre loaded sticks/boxes when it only cost £30 for a firestick and takes minutes to do it yourself.

Latest from Sportsmania/Ultimatemania.
4) Latest on Payments:
At the moment we are still trying to work something out for this weekend as we know it's a big weekend coming up but as it stands right now we cannot sort it in time and we don't want the loyal customers to suffer so here's what we are going to do, we are going to give a further 1 week code to customers who have expired accounts to the following products: 
1 month
3 Months
6 Months
1 Year.
The code will be live at 11am Saturday morning BST (Yes it did previously say tonight at 9 pm BST / 4 pm EST but we have changed it to give everyone who's sub ends tomorrow a fair chance) (It won't work before then guys) and the code name will be "imwithmania" .

Coupon useage limit exceeded.

No update on their forum either.

12 hours ago, mjw said:

Kodi is simple to load onto a firestick.
I've always been amazed by some of the money people pay for pre loaded sticks/boxes when it only cost £30 for a firestick and takes minutes to do it yourself.

i have a firestick and while it is easy to load kodi onto it i feel that an actual android box works better with kodi, plus SPMC is supposed to run even better than kodi on an android box (never tried it myself) as it was designed purely for android

still if the equalizer feels a firestick is a better option he wouldnt go wrong,

18 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

i have a firestick and while it is easy to load kodi onto it i feel that an actual android box works better with kodi, plus SPMC is supposed to run even better than kodi on an android box (never tried it myself) as it was designed purely for android

still if the equalizer feels a firestick is a better option he wouldnt go wrong,

I've got Kodi and SPMC on my phone and tbh there's not really that much of a difference between them. Handy having both to run two separate builds though.

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I've got Kodi and SPMC on my phone and tbh there's not really that much of a difference between them. Handy having both to run two separate builds though.

i wonder if its maybe more to do with designing the addons etc then, easier to make them etc, f**k knows ive never tried it as kodi works fine for now for me, although my first gen firestick is a piece of shite that cant have a VPN on it

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

i wonder if its maybe more to do with designing the addons etc then, easier to make them etc, f**k knows ive never tried it as kodi works fine for now for me, although my first gen firestick is a piece of shite that cant have a VPN on it

I remember reading a snippet about it. It was the sole developer of the Kodi app that quit to go and work by himself on his own fork of the app and it named SPMC, It's basically just Kodi with a few tweeks.