andriod boxes / Kodi

They arent really hacked though are they? The boxes are sold free to air, its whats put on them thats illegal

My understanding is that they are setup to use shared keys that fool it into thinking you've paid for subscription channels.

Hacked or modified, they're being sold that way, in the same way Kodi boxes with add ons are being sold.

• 2 weeks later...
I was under the impression that to register a firestick, you only needed an account with Amazon set up. Therefore its only an email address and password that you use for your Amazon account

Exactly what I thought but when I spoke to them they were insistent they need the serial number, which is not on the fire stick itself. I have an Amazon account.

No biggie, just annoying..

• 2 weeks later...

Just signed up for sportsmania and watching the spurs fame on my laptop. What a difference from the free streams, good quality and no buffering or freezing. Thinking bout getting a fire stick or android box for the tv. Is there any advantage of one over the other?

Just signed up for sportsmania and watching the spurs fame on my laptop. What a difference from the free streams, good quality and no buffering or freezing. Thinking bout getting a fire stick or android box for the tv. Is there any advantage of one over the other?

I do firesticks and boxes for my family and friends and i would take a box every single time. I have a M8S android box and never had a minutes problems with it

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

I do firesticks and boxes for my family and friends and i would take a box every single time. I have a M8S android box and never had a minutes problems with it

I would recommend a box too. The boxes are stock android devices with Kodi installed. The firestick is propriety software hacked to side load Kodi. You're far less likely to have any issue with the box 

On 13/09/2016 at 17:20, Broony88 said:

Got a new box this week. Android 6.0 2gb and 16gb s905 type. The extra GB seem to make quite a difference loading up and streaming. Only £37 from Amazon. 

Edited by saint dave
Add

• 3 weeks later...

Have an android box and find it very hit and miss when it comes to trying to find sport or a film to watch. Basically bought it for a remote cottage that doesn't receive a good digital tv signal and is not suitable for a dish/satellite. Anyone recommend an add on to watch run of the mill tv programmes e.g. BBC, ITV channel 4,etc, live ?

Edited by Joe Terrapin

6 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Have an android box and find it very hit and miss when it comes to trying to find sport or a film to watch. Basically bought it for a remote cottage that doesn't receive a good digital tv signal and is not suitable for a dish/satellite. Anyone recommend an add on to watch run of the mill tv programmes e.g. BBC, ITV channel 4,etc, live ?

What you using for films? Never have any problems finding anything on Exodus.

2 hours ago, gfrhandyman said:

Ukturks is quite good

Think it is a great channel. List of documentaries are second to none and all the old television shows are brilliant. Some of them are very un pc. Love thy neighbour anybody?:lol:

On 23/10/2016 at 13:15, saint dave said:

Got a new box this week. Android 6.0 2gb and 16gb s905 type. The extra GB seem to make quite a difference loading up and streaming. Only £37 from Amazon. 

Any updates.......how are you finding it?

3 hours ago, supermik said:

Think it is a great channel. List of documentaries are second to none and all the old television shows are brilliant. Some of them are very un pc. Love thy neighbour anybody?:lol:

The documentary part of it is really good. The amount of shite on that you can watch on that seems endless ☺

11 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Any updates.......how are you finding it?

It's definitely a lot quicker and smoother. Haven't had any buffering issues on it. The updates are very quick to load and the likes of Showbox and cartoon HD load well too. 

Definitely an improvement on the 1gb 8gb box I had before , which was a decent android 5.01 box. Only gripe , and it's a small one , is the mouse  pointer is very small and difficult to find at times , I've slowed it down to make it a bit clearer but can't find any way to enlarge it.