andriod boxes / Kodi

Ive installed all the usual add-ons (iptv stalker, navi x, phoenix, genesis etc) however when i try to play a video file, i only get a blank screen but the sound still works. Been raking around online for a fix but im stumped just now. Gonna spend a few hours more looking to see if i can get it going again

have you tried re-installing it?

Ive installed all the usual add-ons (iptv stalker, navi x, phoenix, genesis etc) however when i try to play a video file, i only get a blank screen but the sound still works. Been raking around online for a fix but im stumped just now. Gonna spend a few hours more looking to see if i can get it going again

I got it working last night by watching a youtube video however its very similar to the one that The King has posted. Had to change the settings on video acceleration but now it seems to be working fine. It wont be long til i f**k up another setting somehow though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Think I'll pick one of these up, somebody recommended this one

https://www.maizbox.com/

IIs that a decent one? Or can anyone recommend a better one.

I just took the best rated one from Amazon..http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00WWIUIN2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1439567029&sr=8-1π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=android+tv+box&dpPl=1&dpID=61NPfvSOaBL&ref=plSrch

Running a fully packed custom kodi install on my hudl2 into the telly with an hdmi cable and can't fault the picture. Plenty of sports streams available and a lot of them in HD. As well as the usual assortment of movie/TV shows.

I do the same, only with the (jailbroke) IPad. Also got a kodi remote controll app on my phone, theres no need to spend money on a dedicated tv box for kodi if you already have useable equipment in the house.

Have used kodi for a few weeks now. I never get a decent football stream, and absolutely nowhere near HD. What plugin do you use for the football?

Use various feeds dependent on the game. Installed "The Beast" custom build by Chris B and the choices are pretty much endless.

not the best guide but it'll do. Make sure that it's a clean install of kodi or cache and data are wiped. And also the power off/reboot at the end.

Could I be making use of a hudl 1 for streaming movies/sports? I'm not overly tech savvy with this kind of thing, I have showbox on it but it doesn't play right when I use the hdmi cable to play it on my TV.

Could I be making use of a hudl 1 for streaming movies/sports? I'm not overly tech savvy with this kind of thing, I have showbox on it but it doesn't play right when I use the hdmi cable to play it on my TV.

Yes you can. If you plug it into your tv via hdmi you might have to go into kodi settings and change the video output to screen 2 but it should work fine connected to your tv.

Yes you can. If you plug it into your tv via hdmi you might have to go into kodi settings and change the video output to screen 2 but it should work fine connected to your tv.

With regards to kodi setting, is kodi an app I need to download?

Cheers, I'll have go at this when I'm home from work. I feel I may be back asking for help though.

there are plenty of youtube videos that walk you through the installation of kodi and then the addons step by step mate, they are easy to follow and very straightforward, barely any technobabble

Got two things installed from that link, one seems to be kodi as a blank canvas and one has stuff added. Seems straight forward enough, the links in it seem hit and miss to me but hopefully I'll figure out the more reliable ones. Cheers for pointing me in the right direction. I'm guessing if have a look about I can find a similar app for live streaming sports?

Got two things installed from that link, one seems to be kodi as a blank canvas and one has stuff added. Seems straight forward enough, the links in it seem hit and miss to me but hopefully I'll figure out the more reliable ones. Cheers for pointing me in the right direction. I'm guessing if have a look about I can find a similar app for live streaming sports?

zeus, sportsdevil are two for both the actual sports channels like BT, sky etc and your other 3pm afternoon KO streams

For non sports, Genesis is pretty good for movies and tv series. Another good extension is Phoenix which has pretty reliable Sky sports streams.

Got all the add ons mentioned now, still find it all very hit and miss. When I connect it to the TV the pictures ain't great but if I'm getting it for free I can't complain as most are certainly watchable.