andriod boxes / Kodi

Thinking of getting a cracked Amazon fire stick with kodi. How reliable is it? Can you get sky sports BT sports and PPV?

Also will it basically just stop working in a year or so once all the apps are shut down? Still for fifty quid if it stays reliable for six months it's well worth it.

Thinking of getting a cracked Amazon fire stick with kodi. How reliable is it? Can you get sky sports BT sports and PPV?

Also will it basically just stop working in a year or so once all the apps are shut down? Still for fifty quid if it stays reliable for six months it's well worth it.

The apps shouldnt just stop working, although as you'll see above there is talk of Genesis going.

Reliable is a bit subjective and depends what you're likely to watch. Yes, you can get BT sports and PPV events but the quality isnt always great and it can be hit and miss whether you can find a stream in the first place. TV shows are, generally, more reliable but again it can be a pain finding a working stream and the quality is hit and miss. For example, I've just finished watching the latest episode of the Blacklist that aired in the US last week. I had to go through about a dozen streams and ended up watching it in SD quality.

Personally, if you're looking for something to watch additional shows and channels that you dont have, go for it. If you're looking for something to replace Sky, Im still not convinced Kodi is reliable enough to do that.

Also, bear in mind that you can install Kodi on any PC. It might be worth doing that first and getting an idea of whats available, what the quality is like etc

£50???? You are off yer nut if your shelling that out for a firestick. Ive picked up a M8S quad core, 2G memory, 4k box up for 35 quid off of fleabay. Firesticks are really hit and miss especially at that price mate

£50???? You are off yer nut if your shelling that out for a firestick. Ive picked up a M8S quad core, 2G memory, 4k box up for 35 quid off of fleabay. Firesticks are really hit and miss especially at that price mate

Got one of these today. Fantastic bit of kit. Thanks for the heads up Twinkle.

Got a Firestick yesterday and sorted Kodi on it. Really impressed so far. Sports streams have been poor so far, do you get better streams when there's a live game? I am however enjoying UKTurk, boxsets of loads of UK shows and old cartoons. Even has every episode of Boon, back in the days before Micheal Elphick became a fat dead alkie.

Got a Firestick yesterday and sorted Kodi on it. Really impressed so far. Sports streams have been poor so far, do you get better streams when there's a live game? I am however enjoying UKTurk, boxsets of loads of UK shows and old cartoons. Even has every episode of Boon, back in the days before Micheal Elphick became a fat dead alkie.

No

Got a Fire Stick and got Kodi sorted on it.

Looking for some advice on add-ons for it, is Phoenix still the best bet?

Got Sky Sports anyway so not overly bothered about that. More interested in BTsports, Fox Sports, Movies and the 3 oclock saturday games.

Any input is welcome, Kodi setup on the fire stick was lovely and easy - hopefully the add ons are just as simple.

Very impressed with the standard of new films. Just put a few on on Phoenix to try them out.

Not so keen on the sports so far, couldn't get anything decent for the Liverpool game. Tried Valhalla on Phoenix and NJM.

Will have a look for some American sports at the weekend and see if anything better comes through.

Best place I've found for football is Sportsmania by a mile.

Cost me £26 for a six month subscription but it never fails for HD football streams and has been spot on for ppv events like boxing too.

I have Sports Donkey too which has loads of entertainment channels streaming live too but isn't quite as good for the football. I'll probably renew both subscriptions when they expire as it equates to around £10 a month which is a fraction of what Sky want and there's so many more channels.

Seems to be getting worse :(

Tried two things tonight that normally I can watch no bother but neither had any streams available at all.

So, what else is good for TV shows?

tbh im not sure, ive been horsing about with kodi on my PC and had to do a clean wipe as the blackbox build wasnt supported anymore, now everytime i go to install an addon i get a dependancy file error or something, it seems an easy fix but i canny be arsed the now lol

on the firestick i stuck phoenix on it, seems to have good selection of channels, tv shows and movies, not tried the actual links yet but it gets good reviews

Very impressed with the standard of new films. Just put a few on on Phoenix to try them out.

Not so keen on the sports so far, couldn't get anything decent for the Liverpool game. Tried Valhalla on Phoenix and NJM.

Will have a look for some American sports at the weekend and see if anything better comes through.

Renegade tv had decent streams for the Liverpool game.