andriod boxes / Kodi

sometimes aye, my internet is fine, i tend to find the sports streams buffer in big games because its liike more people are watching them

still though, for no monthly cost, im happy not watching HD for sport

for films and TV shows, its fucking tremendous

No worries, just wondered as a few of the boxes I've set up were terribly stop-start with buffering on WiFi but seem to be perfect when hard wired. Just wasn't sure how it would compare to a firestick.

No worries, just wondered as a few of the boxes I've set up were terribly stop-start with buffering on WiFi but seem to be perfect when hard wired. Just wasn't sure how it would compare to a firestick.

hardwired would obviously be much better just as a precaution incase the wifi falls off a cliff, i like the firestick because i havent got much space around or underneath the telly and this wee bad boy isnt noticable when plugged in

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for my lack of tech knowledge. I have a Roku stick, can kodi etc be downloaded onto this? Tried it on the search menu and it doesn't show up. Can it be downloaded from a pc?

No, Roku stuff is locked down pretty tight.

You can access some of the same content via Plex channels, but its not as easy to set up. Google it and have a look to see whats involved - I think it will involve setting up a Plex server on a PC

Really, in what way? I watched a couple of things on it yesterday - first time in a while - but it didnt seem any better or worse than before

i cant find the link the now but its been reported that the builders of it arent updating it or working on it at all anymore, ive noticed good and bad days with it, couldnt get gotham loaded at all on it the other day but films work fine

Anyone use the rockcrusher repo within Phoenix? Got loads of HD films on there.

Rockcrusher isnt a repo,its just a part of Phoenix.I think its something everyone should have.There has been a recent update to Phoenix which includes a new live sports section under Woody.

Right gents, can anyone tell me why i can stream HD on my laptop and HTC One M8 but my tv box wont do the same despite being on the same network? I used to think it was my broadband speed until i put Kodi on the other two and they worked fine. Is it maybe the processor or lack of RAM in my tv box thats the problem. Currently anything over 480p seems to either buffer, play slowly or be completely out of sync

Right gents, can anyone tell me why i can stream HD on my laptop and HTC One M8 but my tv box wont do the same despite being on the same network? I used to think it was my broadband speed until i put Kodi on the other two and they worked fine. Is it maybe the processor or lack of RAM in my tv box thats the problem. Currently anything over 480p seems to either buffer, play slowly or be completely out of sync

When you say tv box, what exactly do you mean?

Thats the most up to date version mate. Ive even updated all the repos and addons to the latest versions. I see my box is a dual core processor, would that likely have enough to run HD?

Not an easy question to answer, to be honest. Im sure you'll find people with the same box who dont, seem, to have any issues.

Is it using wifi? If it has an ethernet port it might be worth trying that. It probably wont make much difference but you never know

i cant find the link the now but its been reported that the builders of it arent updating it or working on it at all anymore, ive noticed good and bad days with it, couldnt get gotham loaded at all on it the other day but films work fine

You can get Gotham on Phoenix under Her Place. Has season 1 and season 2 up until episode 11..not sure if it's on a break in the US? Edited by Wardy