andriod boxes / Kodi

I saw Gaia mentioned in the same article as Seren. Is there any benefit to having both?
Gaia is more customisable and has bigger torrent and hoster library than Seren. The search engine takes longer than Seren and Yoda because of this but that doesn't bother me as I tend to find better torrents. I tend to switch off hosters and go torrents only. When you add it and set it up for the 1st time it gives you an option to manually set it up yourself or set to Reaper settings( think he's one of the Devs). Best bet is to set to Reaper settings to start with, then when you get a bit of spare time have a play about with it and set it up manually to the way that works best for you, that's what I did. Definitely my favourite add on but Seren and Yoda are great too though.

I've tried various kodi builds in the past and always found them useless so have uninstalled. Just stick to individual APK's on firestick now.
I love the Diggz Xenon build. By far the best I've tried. Has its own arcade section too for retro gaming from every platform, saves downloading separate ROMs or folders to use with an emulator. Works great on my Nvidia Shield.

On 5/8/2019 at 09:38, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
On 5/8/2019 at 09:31, jimmy boo said:
I've tried various kodi builds in the past and always found them useless so have uninstalled. Just stick to individual APK's on firestick now.

I love the Diggz Xenon build. By far the best I've tried. Has its own arcade section too for retro gaming from every platform, saves downloading separate ROMs or folders to use with an emulator. Works great on my Nvidia Shield.

Would that work on my Firestick? Just looking for live sports and movies/TV.

11 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
18 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
Many thanks bud...i'll check it out:thumsup2
Not on FB so might need to rope in Mrs Boo:blink:

Good luck mate. Just a heads up. You will need Kodi 18, just incase you're still using an older version.

Uninstalled the last one as it was shit but will get the latest to try this thanks.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a good IPTV for an android box, and how to get in touch.

The one I used last season no longer works, and guy appears to have disappeared from FB. Gutted as had about 18 Scottish team’s own TV, even the likes of Raith Rovers TV etc!

2 hours ago, Tam M said:

The one I used last season no longer works, and guy appears to have disappeared from FB. Gutted as had about 18 Scottish team’s own TV, even the likes of Raith Rovers TV etc!

PM sent.

On 08/05/2019 at 08:42, Mr X said:
On 07/05/2019 at 21:40, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
My 3 fav add ons are Gaia, Seren and Yoda with RD. All do torrents, inc 4k.

I saw Gaia mentioned in the same article as Seren. Is there any benefit to having both?

I've stopped using Seren and moved to Exodus Redux. Supposed to be a stable, supported update of Exodus.

So far, works really well with RD - well, when you remember to check that your RD premium account hasnt run out :lol:

I've stopped using Seren and moved to Exodus Redux. Supposed to be a stable, supported update of Exodus.
So far, works really well with RD - well, when you remember to check that your RD premium account hasnt run out [emoji38]
Yeah, Exodus Redux is pretty good. I've got that one my build. Seren is loading pretty slow just now for some reason. Usually its super quick. I think it's needing an update. Venom is a good add on too.

@ Mr X. Your should download the Real Debrid app onto your device, it comes in really handy for checking how long's left on your account. Also you can play or download any RD torrents from your history without opening Kodi or the APK you found them. Handy for watching very large files without the worry of buffering.

19 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

@ Mr X. Your should download the Real Debrid app onto your device, it comes in really handy for checking how long's left on your account. Also you can play or download any RD torrents from your history without opening Kodi or the APK you found them. Handy for watching very large files without the worry of buffering.

Cheers, didnt know an app existed! I dont actually use a device at the moment, or stream direct from Kodi. I use Kodi to find the stream, then download the file from the RD Downloads page, into my Plex server. Means you have to plan a little more in advance but I much prefer the Plex interface and makes searching a lot easier. And, no buffering, of course

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Cheers, didnt know an app existed! I dont actually use a device at the moment, or stream direct from Kodi. I use Kodi to find the stream, then download the file from the RD Downloads page, into my Plex server. Means you have to plan a little more in advance but I much prefer the Plex interface and makes searching a lot easier. And, no buffering, of course

I use Plex but don't run a server. I've got about a dozen free Plex library's on my account and a few of them allows requests for movies/shows to be added. Really handy to have. 🙂

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I use Plex but don't run a server. I've got about a dozen free Plex library's on my account and a few of them allows requests for movies/shows to be added. Really handy to have. 🙂

How do you use Plex without a server and what for? 

I love it. The server means I can use it basically like Netflix (resume on different devices, access remotely etc). I just need to source stuff via Kodi and torrents. Quite happy to let people access it if they PM me :) 

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

How do you use Plex without a server and what for? 

I love it. The server means I can use it basically like Netflix (resume on different devices, access remotely etc). I just need to source stuff via Kodi and torrents. Quite happy to let people access it if they PM me :) 

Well, I'm lying I did register a server on my laptop although I have never added anything to it and wouldn't know how to TBH. I do use the Plex app on my Shield though to get access to other nice people's servers who are allowing access to theirs for free. PM incoming 😉

12 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Well, I'm lying I did register a server on my laptop although I have never added anything to it and wouldn't know how to TBH. I do use the Plex app on my Shield though to get access to other nice people's servers who are allowing access to theirs for free. PM incoming 😉

:lol: Ah, ok. It couldnt really be easier. Once the server is installed, you add Libraries, point them to physical folders with media files and it does the rest. If you've got TV series theres a naming convention to follow but other than that its dead simple

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2019 at 19:51, Tam M said:

Did you find an IPTV with the Scottish team channels? I know which one YSYM would have PMd you. I've tried that and found it a bit hit and miss for those channels.

Anyone tried, or heard of, Pure Streams? Prices arent bad at £50 for the year

https://www.facebook.com/purestreams.service/

Edited by Mr X