andriod boxes / Kodi

28 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Fair enough. I use my VPN when I'm viewing Kodi, etc, so I suppose it's only as useful as the person who is using it, and how they are using it.

No. No free VPNs are compatible with Torrent applications. Once you open up a program like Utorrent, via the free VPN, the connection doesn't allow you to actually download the thing you are trying to download.

A quick google suggested there were free VPNs supporting torrents but it looks like you're right. Its not something Ive ever really looked into before

9 hours ago, Mr X said:

A quick google suggested there were free VPNs supporting torrents but it looks like you're right. Its not something Ive ever really looked into before

Yep. The VPN companies know that the number one usage for their software is for Torrenting, so they charge for it.

19 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Yep. The VPN companies know that the number one usage for their software is for Torrenting, so they charge for it.

I see what you did there ;)

Of course we both know that the reason is P2P takes up considerably more bandwidth than any other usage, so if they let people do it for free it would swamp their networks and slow normal browsing down for everyone else

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

I see what you did there ;)

Of course we both know that the reason is P2P takes up considerably more bandwidth than any other usage, so if they let people do it for free it would swamp their networks and slow normal browsing down for everyone else

;)

Can you imagine? It would like surfing the WWW with a Spectrum*.

*No disrespect to the Spectrum, which has my eternal love.

No more Celtic/Aberdeen/Hearts TV on Sports Mania/Ultimate Mania.[emoji20]

They changed providers and are actively shutting down accounts that are live sharing. The cost for constantly creating new accounts outweighs the profit margin.
This is only going to get worse

Scottish Club teams are obviously a dud but when everything else is streamed via tv channels I can't see how they'll crack down on them?

Obviously losing all the club teams is a shiter but for me it's still definitely worth the subscription fee.

51 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Scottish Club teams are obviously a dud but when everything else is streamed via tv channels I can't see how they'll crack down on them?

Obviously losing all the club teams is a shiter but for me it's still definitely worth the subscription fee.

Its not actually that difficult. The streams come via a server and they now have the power to shut down whole servers if they find illegal streams on them.

Now that the EPL are more aware of this, and the use of Kodi boxes is growing, they're putting more and more resources into stopping streams. 

As I said a while ago, and Scoobles said yesterday, its only going to get worse

22 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Covenanter is a new show/ movies add on for Kodi. Similar to Exodus. Actually I'd say It's better. Exodus has went down hill a bit recently. Not as many good HD links as it used to have.

exodus isnt getting support now, there's no one working on it so when the links that it scrapes die, it will get worse and worse, i tried installing covenant the other day but it wasnt working, need to have another go at it as it seems to be a busy server