andriod boxes / Kodi

For anyone struggling to use Kodi on a device that doesn't have the ability to install a VPN, e.g. the FireTV stick I suggest reading this article: http://www.techradar.com/how-to/networking/how-to-build-a-dedicated-vpn-router-1300740

This'll allow you to create your own dedicated VPN on your own network which should allow you to start watching putlocker again - the best part about doing it this way is it's reliant on your own network speed and not some crappy VPN provider.

For anyone struggling to use Kodi on a device that doesn't have the ability to install a VPN, e.g. the FireTV stick I suggest reading this article: http://www.techradar.com/how-to/networking/how-to-build-a-dedicated-vpn-router-1300740

This'll allow you to create your own dedicated VPN on your own network which should allow you to start watching putlocker again - the best part about doing it this way is it's reliant on your own network speed and not some crappy VPN provider.

To be protected it's still using the available VPN speed.
Doubt many folk are going to spend around £100 for an additional router

2 hours ago, scoobles said:

To be protected it's still using the available VPN speed.
Doubt many folk are going to spend around £100 for an additional router

Surely a £100 investment (for a brand new router, not to mention you can buy a second hand one) on a second router is better than upwards of £60 a month for Sky/BT Sports or a sub-standard quality stream due to a crappy 'VPN'? I know which option I'd be trying to sell to someone.

On 26/06/2017 at 21:46, boulderdomb said:

Surely a £100 investment (for a brand new router, not to mention you can buy a second hand one) on a second router is better than upwards of £60 a month for Sky/BT Sports or a sub-standard quality stream due to a crappy 'VPN'? I know which option I'd be trying to sell to someone.

I had a quick read through that link - you still need a VPN service, its just you configure it on the router rather than the devices

ETA - I see @scoobles has already pointed that out

Edited by Mr X

Try using a VPN, if that fails install ZemTV and use a VPN - I've always found that to be the best add-on for sports, not including the paid 'premium' add-ons.

Most stuff on my firestick doesn't work so would VPN solve that? Can I install it on the stick? Only Exodus and Phoenix work(The Beast) build.

Most stuff on my firestick doesn't work so would VPN solve that? Can I install it on the stick? Only Exodus and Phoenix work(The Beast) build.

No, don't think it's going to fix it. Not sure there's point of a vpn with kodi, to be honest, other people to hide your activity

12 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

No, don't think it's going to fix it. Not sure there's point of a vpn with kodi, to be honest, other people to hide your activity

VPNs by-pass ISP blocks therefore if your add on is hosted on a server your ISP of choice (e.g Virgin Media) has blocked then you'll be unable to use that repo without a VPN - that's why some repo's will work and some won't. Another reason a repo won't work is because the server is temporarily/permanent down or your own firewall is blocking it.

11 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

VPNs by-pass ISP blocks therefore if your add on is hosted on a server your ISP of choice (e.g Virgin Media) has blocked then you'll be unable to use that repo without a VPN - that's why some repo's will work and some won't. Another reason a repo won't work is because the server is temporarily/permanent down or your own firewall is blocking it.

Fair enough - I didnt realise any of the ISPs were blocking Kodi addons