andriod boxes / Kodi

Got all the add ons mentioned now, still find it all very hit and miss. When I connect it to the TV the pictures ain't great but if I'm getting it for free I can't complain as most are certainly watchable.

what pictures arent great mate? the addons i use are picture perfect unless its recent released movies and its a cam copy

Streams of live sports are generally poor, movies range from cam copy to OK. On the whole though everything is watchable but certainly nothing that seems to be in HD.

I have ordered a new HDMI cable, I still get the cutting off and on problem I was getting with showbox so think that may be the cable.

Installed The Beast and still can't get a decent stream of BT Sports, for example. Brilliant for tv shows and movies, but terrible for live feeds, unless I'm going about it all wrong.

Got the replacement HDMI through, it hasn't stopped it cutting off and on when connected to the TV. Not sure if there is a setting I could change to fix this. At least I can watch things on the hudl now and it can stop collecting dust.

Got the replacement HDMI through, it hasn't stopped it cutting off and on when connected to the TV. Not sure if there is a setting I could change to fix this. At least I can watch things on the hudl now and it can stop collecting dust.

Get yourself a Chromecast and download all cast , some apps have a casting button built in , you can also mirror device display

Have you tried going into kodi settings - system - video output and change it to screen 2?

Have you tried going into kodi settings - system - video output and change it to screen 2?

Someone mentioned doing this, I had a look and couldn't find how to do it. I will have another look at it though.

Still can't find the screen 2 option. Is this the right menu I'm in?

yes, the top option is "display mode", when you're plugged into the tv, use the up and down arrows on the same line as "display mode" and there will be an option to change to screen 2. IIRC you will need to be connected to the tv for that option to show up. :thumsup2

• 3 weeks later...

Been thinking about getting one of these but have read they work best with fibre broadband, at the moment my area only has 8mb at best, would one of these still work ?

Will be absolutely fine.I only get 6mb at best.Remember they don't come loaded now.