andriod boxes / Kodi

2 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:
1 hour ago, The Stig said:
Have you tried the "Tivimate" app, that is the one I use and personally have found it the most user friendly.  It is a free app but I pay for the premium (about £6 a year) but with that you are able to customise the layout and remove/reorder channels.

I have not. Does it let you manage the playlists online, rather than in the app?

No, everything is done within the app but I just think it has the clearest user interface 

https://apkbigs.com/tivimate-apk/ 

image.png.12b8cc65e862049a7456558b73d039ec.png

I use Tivimate as well. Initially paid for the 1st year to try out the multiscreen feature but I never used it much (and my device wasn't good enough for multiple streams at once). There were no issues with the free version so I just kept using that.

If you still get issues while using Tivimate there's likely a problem elsewhere as it's pretty much flawless.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone ever tried a custom OS on a firstick? Everything is very cluttered with Amazon crap and just poorly designed.

From a very quick Google it seems possible to get the Lineage variant of Android TV with a bit of jiggery pokery.

11 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Has anyone ever tried a custom OS on a firstick? Everything is very cluttered with Amazon crap and just poorly designed.

From a very quick Google it seems possible to get the Lineage variant of Android TV with a bit of jiggery pokery.

Why not just buy an android box? 

4 hours ago, charger29 said:

TechDoctorUK has this custom launcher tutorial if that's what you're after....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av59SI901Xc

Do android boxes have remotes and are they decent?  

My IPTV is run through an app on my phone, I loaded an 'external player' in (web video caster) and it casts to the same app on the TV through that.  It's perfectly fine but I guess it's a clunky way to do things.  I wont buy a firestick as I think they are boaby. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Do android boxes have remotes and are they decent?  

My IPTV is run through an app on my phone, I loaded an 'external player' in (web video caster) and it casts to the same app on the TV through that.  It's perfectly fine but I guess it's a clunky way to do things.  I wont buy a firestick as I think they are boaby. 

Yes, they come with remotes. There are some really good ones and some rubbish ones! 

Edited by Homer Thompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...