andriod boxes / Kodi

Just back from a week in Spain where we had IPTV. Didn't think it was wonderful (for all the reasons given on here)  but obs better than nowt.
I'm pretty ignorant of how it works, I presume most of this Kodi etc stuff is hooky, but Firestick , for example, is legit.  
How long before the providers find a way to close down all the piracy?

It's all hooky[emoji3] Kodi and Firestick are just 2 different ways of getting access to the streams. There seems to be less links available recently when searching for content even with the paid Real Debrid service. Content providers get shut down all the time but there are always others ready to fill the gap so I'm sure we'll be fine in the long term.

It's all hooky[emoji3] Kodi and Firestick are just 2 different ways of getting access to the streams. There seems to be less links available recently when searching for content even with the paid Real Debrid service. Content providers get shut down all the time but there are always others ready to fill the gap so I'm sure we'll be fine in the long term.
Probably also worth pointing out that the apps on Kodi are on demand which is different from the live streams of TV channels that you get with an iptv service.

There's probably still some idiots out there that will tell you iptv isn't illegal because it doesn't download anything. Those people are idiots.

Probably also worth pointing out that the apps on Kodi are on demand which is different from the live streams of TV channels that you get with an iptv service.

There's probably still some idiots out there that will tell you iptv isn't illegal because it doesn't download anything. Those people are idiots.
One year ago today.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/03/21/premier-league-pirates-jailed-for-17-years/

If they weren't so fucking greedy then folk wouldn't go to these lengths. Had this conversation the other day with a colleague and he pointed out that you rarely hear of people pirating music now because they brought the price down. I pay about £15 for Spotify and have no complaints.

If it was a monthly payment of around £25 for all the sport and tv then I doubt anyone would bother pirating. It'll never happen though as they're greedy b*****ds.

• 1 month later...
Can I download any apps to my Roku Express to get some football (when it comes back?)
Not that I'm aware of. You may find a supplier who will provide a stream through Plex or Emby or you may be able to use a web player. In general Roku is not considered to be an ideal platform for streaming IPTV.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Cancelled Sky Sports this morning, can't justify the price of it. So if someone could be so kind to PM me details of this IPTV carry on. What I need, how to do it. A full hand held explanation please! 

Theres a poster who offers an IPTV subscription. On top of that you'll need something to watch it with.

The instructions will depend on which IPTV sub you get and what device you are going to use to watch it

• 4 weeks later...
Neither of mine were blocked, but I know of at least 2 that were blocked and heard there may have been more. A VPN fixed both of the ones I know about.
Cheers. The guys that run the one that got blocked only allow the one VPN service, so looks like I will have to go with that one unless they find a workaround.