andriod boxes / Kodi

On 19/09/2019 at 16:44, supermik said:

Is this anything to do with the police raids in Italy and elsewhere in Europe where a load of people were arrested for selling illegal access to pay to view television? It is being said that the police have gained access to everybody’s account who were subscribers and charges are likely to occur.

https://apple.news/Ajw6s20mxTpGJvUUwLElHOA

There is absolutely no way the police will go for the buyers of subscriptions, thats like going after the guys in the pub who buy the knocked off gear that gets sold in there

They have much bigger fish to aim for

10 hours ago, Mr X said:
Presuming it's an android app, there's a few apps for films. I'm not sure whats currently best but I'm sure others on here will haven't some recommendations.

For football, yoire probably going to want a decent iptv provider. Yer sisters yer maw is the man for that.

For films and TV series the best for me are Cyberflix, Bee TV and Cinema HD. For live channels it's Livenet and Red box.

There are plenty more of course so if you want any advice for loading to a Firestick let me know. ( Not for you Mr X obviously)

Edited by jimmy boo

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like providers are starting to come back online after the outages. TPPs are putting their prices up as a result but offering 35% discounts for the next 48 hours. PM me if you want details (or yer sisters yer maw, who presumably got the same email)
Yeah, got it. I'm already signed up until the end of November next year. Don't know if I'll bother renewing at they prices though, unless there is another big sale on nearer my renewal time. I can understand their reasoning though.

Yeah, got it. I'm already signed up until the end of November next year. Don't know if I'll bother renewing at they prices though, unless there is another big sale on nearer my renewal time. I can understand their reasoning though.
They should be doing the opposite for goodwill from the punters.

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

They say the price hike is because they've had to dig deep to pay for new sources to build their service again. It's put a lot of IPTV providers out of buisness. I can understand that if that's the case. At least they've gave everyone a chance to renew at a reduced price with the 35% discount just now. 

To be fair, the disruption has been fairly minimal given the magnitude of the issue and given it wasn't of their making they've done a pretty good job of keeping things going.

As ysym said, they claim to have spent a fair bit of money sorting this and it's easy to see how that would be the case. It's also likely that their ongoing costs will have gone up too.

The increase isn't great but the discount offer seems like a fair enough way to do it.

I had ordered plex from TPP but couldn't pay for it as they'd taken PayPal down. I got an email yesterday from them to tell me that PayPal would be back up today but not to pay that order as they would be offering discounts.

Rumours going around that one of the major iptv sources has been shut down.

My iptv service has had to remove their sports channels that show English football temporarily. This due to a combination of pressure from uk isps & the current non-xstreams workaround not being effective in bypassing the isp block.

It seems I won't be able to use my Wicked tv sub on apps like Tivimate anymore that require an m3u URL. [emoji3525] Can't really argue with their decision though as protecting their service and themselves should always be no1 priority. They posted this on their group support;

[emoji294]**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!! Recently as you know we thought it was all over. But we fought to bring Wicked back at a time where many IPTV Services have took the money closed down and ran!
Recently other services have stopped providing Sports as the powers that be continue to fight back to bring IPTV down.
We have identified a security risk that could threaten our service and bring us down for good. To eliminate that risk any app which requires our M3u will no longer work! This means Smart tvs Iphones and non branded apps.
Now before people get annoyed with this decision. Please think about what you'd rather.... Buy a firestick or everyone's TV is shut down due to us catering for the minority who use Smart tvs iPhone etc....
Continuing to provide these m3u services meant there was a high chance of Wicked being taken down!!! [emoji174][emoji174]
We are currently paying £60 a Yr at Wicked at a time when big providers are charging in excess of £90 a month for a full package with sports!!
For this reason please consider buying a Firestick... As a one off payment of £40 is far better than the alternative[emoji17]
We thank you guys for understanding. We just can't lose our fantastic service[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590] Any support or queries needed with firesticks then please just ask. THE ADMIN TEAM**

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

It seems I won't be able to use my Wicked tv sub on apps like Tivimate anymore that require an m3u URL. emoji3525.png Can't really argue with their decision though as protecting their service and themselves should always be no1 priority. They posted this on their group support;

emoji294.png**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!! Recently as you know we thought it was all over. But we fought to bring Wicked back at a time where many IPTV Services have took the money closed down and ran!
Recently other services have stopped providing Sports as the powers that be continue to fight back to bring IPTV down.
We have identified a security risk that could threaten our service and bring us down for good. To eliminate that risk any app which requires our M3u will no longer work! This means Smart tvs Iphones and non branded apps.
Now before people get annoyed with this decision. Please think about what you'd rather.... Buy a firestick or everyone's TV is shut down due to us catering for the minority who use Smart tvs iPhone etc....
Continuing to provide these m3u services meant there was a high chance of Wicked being taken down!!! emoji174.pngemoji174.png
We are currently paying £60 a Yr at Wicked at a time when big providers are charging in excess of £90 a month for a full package with sports!!
For this reason please consider buying a Firestick... As a one off payment of £40 is far better than the alternativeemoji17.png
We thank you guys for understanding. We just can't lose our fantastic serviceemoji3590.pngemoji3590.pngemoji3590.png Any support or queries needed with firesticks then please just ask. THE ADMIN TEAM**

Not good news, hope it doesnt spread to other providers

• 1 month later...

Needing to move when my current sub is up as my provider has withdrawn paypal & I'm unable to use any of the other payment methods. Looking into whether I'm going to go for a reseller of the service I currently use or go elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 22:44, GNU_Linux said:

Needing to move when my current sub is up as my provider has withdrawn paypal & I'm unable to use any of the other payment methods. Looking into whether I'm going to go for a reseller of the service I currently use or go elsewhere.

Are you looking for an IPTV service?