andriod boxes / Kodi

I use terrarium TV and UKTV now on my firestick. Don't use Kodi now for anything. 

I put terrarium on mine recently but I've never had a chance to really use it.
I caught up with Ray Donovan on it though and it looked decent enough.

11 minutes ago, mjw said:

I put terrarium on mine recently but I've never had a chance to really use it.
I caught up with Ray Donovan on it though and it looked decent enough.

I've watched every episode of season 7 GoT in 1080p on it. Flawless. So far anyway...

On 19/08/2017 at 20:07, saint dave said:

Found a good compromise. Using showbox for movies , but , using Kodi as the player for it. Seems to sort a lot of sound issues and showbox has usually hd versions of films and TV shows. 

How did you do that? The instructions online say to use the Mucky ducks rep but showbox isnt there. I installed SuperRepo and installed showbox from that but it doesnt find any shows.

The streams on Showbox and Terrarium seem decent but both apps are an absolute nightmare to use with a tv remote

I've installed it on my phone to try out and seems pretty good. If the app doesn't work on the firestick - I haven't tried it on my box yet - there's an add on for kodi you could try.

Was about to uninstall today then came across a tutorial for downloading a mouse toggle to firestick. Working fine now[emoji106]

How did you do that? The instructions online say to use the Mucky ducks rep but showbox isnt there. I installed SuperRepo and installed showbox from that but it doesnt find any shows.
The streams on Showbox and Terrarium seem decent but both apps are an absolute nightmare to use with a tv remote

Has your TV got a USB port? If so, you could plug in a wireless mouse and use that with your movie/show apps. That's what I do for my box when I'm using them. They are far easier to navigate with when using the likes of terrarium.

25 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Was about to uninstall today then came across a tutorial for downloading a mouse toggle to firestick. Working fine nowemoji106.png

20 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Has your TV got a USB port? If so, you could plug in a wireless mouse and use that with your movie/show apps. That's what I do for my box when I'm using them. They are far easier to navigate with when using the likes of terrarium.

Meh. The remote for the box already has a mouse mode. Its a pain too, to be honest.

Meh. The remote for the box already has a mouse mode. Its a pain too, to be honest.

Have to agree about the mouse mode on Android box remote being crap. It's far too slow. That was the main reason I bought a Bluetooth mouse for it. I tried a Bluetooth keypad first but that wasn't very easy to use either on it, but it's been a breeze using the mouse.

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Have to agree about the mouse mode on Android box remote being crap. It's far too slow. That was the main reason I bought a Bluetooth mouse for it. I tried a Bluetooth keypad first but that wasn't very easy to use either on it, but it's been a breeze using the mouse.

I might try that but, to be honest, half the reason for buying the box was to use it like the rest of the tv stuff. I could just as easily use an app on my phone to control it, or even to run Showbox and simulcast. I dont want to be doing that though.

I installed Showbox on Kodi using this repo

http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo

But ... Ive come to a conclusion about Kodi (apologies if everyone already knew this). The add ons make no difference to what streams it finds. Its the URL resolver in the settings that seems to dictate it. I've got Conenant, Genisis Reborn and Showbox all installed and all find exactly the same streams. Change the URL resolver and they all find the exact same different streams. It seems repos tend to come with their own URL resolver

I might try that but, to be honest, half the reason for buying the box was to use it like the rest of the tv stuff. I could just as easily use an app on my phone to control it, or even to run Showbox and simulcast. I dont want to be doing that though.
But ... Ive come to a conclusion about Kodi (apologies if everyone already knew this). The add ons make no difference to what streams it finds. Its the URL resolver in the settings that seems to dictate it. I've got Conenant, Genisis Reborn and Showbox all installed and all find exactly the same streams. Change the URL resolver and they all find the exact same different streams. It seems repos tend to come with their own URL resolver

I just downloaded Aptoide to my phone and box. If you go to stores and follow hdtvbox, they have a load of movie/ show apps in there.
https://aptoide.en.aptoide.com/

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Exactly.

I used to think that the more apps you had then the broader choice of streaming sources you had.

But that's not true.

If films and tv shows are your thing then all you need is a continually updated and working film/tv show app.

The same with sports, you only need the one app that you can rely on.

It's like wanting to buy six cans of Stella but wondering whether to go to Asda,  Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Wan O Wan etc. They all sell the same shyte.

That's why you're better of just using reliable apps instead of these builds.

Yes, I use a build.

22 minutes ago, TAJ said:

Exactly.

I used to think that the more apps you had then the broader choice of streaming sources you had.

But that's not true.

If films and tv shows are your thing then all you need is a continually updated and working film/tv show app.

The same with sports, you only need the one app that you can rely on.

It's like wanting to buy six cans of Stella but wondering whether to go to Asda,  Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Wan O Wan etc. They all sell the same shyte.

That's why you're better of just using reliable apps instead of these builds.

Yes, I use a build.

I dont have a build, just manually installed a few addons

So, I ended up using Showbox (I gave up on Terrarium as the ads were doing my nut) on my phone and using an app called Allcast to send it to the tv. All good so far, decent selection of stuff, quality of the streams was really good ... however, none of the controls worked, pause, FF etc - although thats an Allcast issue not Showbox - but I stopped watching something halfway through,went back to it and it started from the beginning :(

So, the quest to find a decent Genesis/Exodus alternative continues. In the meantime, I downloaded the entire series of the show I wanted as a torrent in 25 mins.

So, I ended up using Showbox (I gave up on Terrarium as the ads were doing my nut) on my phone and using an app called Allcast to send it to the tv. All good so far, decent selection of stuff, quality of the streams was really good ... however, none of the controls worked, pause, FF etc - although thats an Allcast issue not Showbox - but I stopped watching something halfway through,went back to it and it started from the beginning [emoji20]
So, the quest to find a decent Genesis/Exodus alternative continues. In the meantime, I downloaded the entire series of the show I wanted as a torrent in 25 mins.

I had the same problem streaming Showbox via Allcast to the TV, however.. It works fine when streaming to the chromecast instead of direct to TV...controls somehow work. Not sure if you have a CC lying about but if you do go for that.