andriod boxes / Kodi

2 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Sportsmania has moved domain from sportsmania.eu to sportsmania.rocks

If you're having problems with sportsmania or sportsnationhd, change the repo address in the file manager and then update the add-on. He's put a tutorial on twitter but I know some people won't have twitter. 

1) Streams page URL is: http://sportsmania.rocks/payments/page/streamspage

2) To uninstall and reinstall the Kodi addon to 3.5.9 please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmn4lkviQM

3) To install our own Android app see this tutorial: http://sportsmania.rocks/payments/page/ourandroidapp

4) If your using Matrix app delete it and reinstall it from either: https://itunes.apple.com/…/…/matrix-tv-browser/id1119592148… for iOS devices or here for android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

5) If your using Kodi/SPMC and have a blank version of Kodi then watch this for help: https://youtu.be/Es_IBS6kWns

Quick question - 

We currently pay for BT and Sky. We also have a firestick.

Exodus takes care of any and all programs or films we want to watch.

Would Sportsmania cover the loss of Sky sports and possibly BT? And just how reliable is it? Not overly bothered about receiving Aberdeen / Hibs TV to be honest

Quick question - 

Would Sportsmania cover the loss of Sky sports and possibly BT? And just how reliable is it? Not overly bothered about receiving Aberdeen / Hibs TV to be honest

People will tell you yes. I've never used sports mania but based on my experience with other add ons, I'd say no.

I wouldn't take anyone's advice on here, mine included, but would definitely try it out for yourself before deciding

Quick question - 

It certainly has with me.

Get all the American sports channels as well but Sky sports & BT are always in excellent HD streams. Would definitely recommend giving it a try.

9 hours ago, deej said:

Quick question - 

You can get a day pass for about £4. Better trying it that way and see if it suites you. 

Quick question - 

Why not put Mobdro on your Firestick and see how you get on with that? Much easier than fannying about with add ons that don't work. I've cancelled my Premier Sports subscription for Nascar.

10 hours ago, deej said:

Quick question - 

pay for the weekly pass and see how it holds up on big games that you like to watch, if after the week you arent happy with the quality then it doesnt get renewed and thats it, if you are you can take out a longer subscription

i paid for the 6 month one on sportsnation (sportsmania but a different server i think, exactly the same links etc) and its been good enough for me while watching the football

I use Ultimatemania (same guys as Sportsmania but with a lot more live TV channels) the streams in HD are great and very easy to find but i have found that the streams drop out after about 10 mins. 

Does anyone else get this problem or is it a problem with my Box or Broadband (every time a test broadband speed it is constantly up at 40mb)???? 

7 minutes ago, The Stig said:

I use Ultimatemania (same guys as Sportsmania but with a lot more live TV channels) the streams in HD are great and very easy to find but i have found that the streams drop out after about 10 mins. 

Does anyone else get this problem or is it a problem with my Box or Broadband (every time a test broadband speed it is constantly up at 40mb)???? 

I've noticed on the streams that tend to busier (i.e when watching a big football match) you'll get more buffering and kicked out more. Although, in saying that, I don't think my internet is the most reliable (BT) so I'm thinking my internet might be an issue too. I've also had tonnes of buffering on SD streams yet no issues on 1080p streams on the same channel at the same time. 

I'd agree with the previous poster and try it out for yourself. When its good, its great, when its not, then it doesn't compare to Sky. Obviously you'll need a decent internet connection. I don't even have fibre optic in my area yet so I'm stuck with a pretty mince connection speed for now.

Thanks, it must be due to the busier streams. I put up with it as it is a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for a sky / bt sub. As someone said previously it is also great for watching the American sports esp NFL where you can choose whatever game you fancy and most are covered in 4k res

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

Try setting the output on your box to 720p.

A related question?

I message appeared on my kodi today to advise to update to version 17 as there will be no more maintenance but in the past when I when i have done that i can get sportsmania / ultimatemania to install from the repository

Does anyone have any tips how i can update successfully or so i remain on 16 where i know everything works?

If you're updating to 17.1 I strongly recommend that your 1st move is to go settings > interface > skins and change it to Confluence. 

The 17.1 interface is magic on a pc or tablet but infuriating on the boxes. "Confluence" is a carbon copy of the older skins we're all used to.

A related question?

I message appeared on my kodi today to advise to update to version 17 as there will be no more maintenance but in the past when I when i have done that i can get sportsmania / ultimatemania to install from the repository

Does anyone have any tips how i can update successfully or so i remain on 16 where i know everything works?

Go to settings. Then system settings, add ons. And change the auto updates to the setting that says notify but do nothing. Worked for me.

I've just put Kodi 17.1 on my fire stick, but exodus will just not work for me? I click on the movies tab, it goes to most recent etc, I click on that, the loading thing spins a couple of times then nothing. Help...it's driving me to distraction...

9 hours ago, Wardy said:

I've just put Kodi 17.1 on my fire stick, but exodus will just not work for me? I click on the movies tab, it goes to most recent etc, I click on that, the loading thing spins a couple of times then nothing. Help...it's driving me to distraction...

There has been a few updates to Exodus this week have you tried that.3.1.8 is the latest.

Edited by muirkirk nil