andriod boxes / Kodi

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Ares wizard doesn't seem to work on kodi 17 yet. Once they sort that out it should be fine.

I had managed to get ares wizard on 17 but when I downloaded a build I'd get the apps but it was all over the place. Decided to just do a factory reset on the box and start a fresh, this put me back to kodi 16 and also removed a lot of nonsense I didn't use. That link in your other post could come in handy though.

Edited by thomas

9 minutes ago, thomas said:

I had managed to get ares wizard on 17 but when I downloaded a build I'd get the apps but it was all over the place. Decided to just do a factory reset on the box and start a fresh, this put me back to kodi 16 and also removed a lot of nonsense I didn't use. That link in your other post could come in handy though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that 17 doesn't allow builds on it. Not 100% on that mind. 

21 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that 17 doesn't allow builds on it. Not 100% on that mind. 

I had search about Google and that seemed to be the general consensus, there did seem to be a couple of builds available but none that I had heard of so I didn't chance trying them. 

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

I had search about Google and that seemed to be the general consensus, there did seem to be a couple of builds available but none that I had heard of so I didn't chance trying them. 

Found builds had a lot of stuff I didn't use.I have a stick so just put the bare minimum on it.

Not had any real issues as yet.  

3 hours ago, Heart of Northern said:

Found builds had a lot of stuff I didn't use.I have a stick so just put the bare minimum on it.

Not had any real issues as yet.  

I originally started using the builds as I had little idea what I was doing and it seemed the simple option, I think in the future I might just stick on a couple of apps by myself.

46 minutes ago, thomas said:

I originally started using the builds as I had little idea what I was doing and it seemed the simple option, I think in the future I might just stick on a couple of apps by myself.

I was exactly the same. No expert like but sussed this works better for the sticks. Takes up less space I'd imagine 

Had a nightmare when I turned on my firestick.  The thing had reset itself or something.  Anyway Kodi was all gone. Downloaded it but it was V17. Absolute mare just didn't like it.  Worked out how to get back to Jarvis and reset everything.  One thing was it didn't recognise Sportsnation repo. 

So anyone that uses it I would stay clear of V17. Unless I was doing something completely wrong. 

I downloaded ES file explorer then stuck jarvis onto that then Apps2fire to load onto the stick.  

Might help someone if they have the same hassle. 

20 hours ago, thomas said:

I think you can just download them from the play store.

Where do I find that?

Doh! Spend all my time just watching things on it that I forgot about things on the homepage. 

edit 2. Still cant find them!

Edited by supermik
Idiocy

1 hour ago, HEED said:

Does anybody have a ZGEMMA box? If so, would you recommend it?

I have read that theZgemma is a better box, I have openbox, the program guide takes a bit of getting used to but its all well worth it. I have had no issues with openbox though.

12 hours ago, supermik said:

Where do I find that?

Doh! Spend all my time just watching things on it that I forgot about things on the homepage. 

edit 2. Still cant find them!

In the play store you will get my5 and all 4, you should be able to just download them.

I'm looking to pick one of the amazon firesticks up today to install Kodi. Now i currently use kodi with just the exodus app through the laptop.  Now this is more for the better half for when she's sin binned during sport time :)  but she's looking to get basically everything.  Going by above it looks like avoiding Builds and just using apps is the best way forward?  

Suggestions of apps would be great