andriod boxes / Kodi

I'll try that link later on to see if I can sort it. I bought a Tonbux that streams in 4k (can't remember the exact make/model) for the main room of the house and I ended up buying a Fire TV stick and installing Kodi on it for my room. The software is up to date on both so I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Like I said last night I find it frustrating that I can't watch live sport on either but overall I have to say the picture and sound quality of the films and TV shows are great.

I take it my last option will be uninstalling and reinstalling kodi on both? A bit of a pain in the arse but if I get them both working then I'll be happy in the end.

5 hours ago, gfrhandyman said:

Which version of kodi do you have?. I'm currently using 16.1 jarvis, you might need to uninstall kodi and reinstall the latest version through the playst ore.  it's a ball ache at first but worth it.

Is it? How will updating Kodi make the live streams any better?

52 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is it? How will updating Kodi make the live streams any better?

I misread the post, a few people I've spoken to recently saying kodi doesn't work have an outdated version installed. by installing jarvis it seems to fix it, maybe not so in this case if everything else works :(

Edited by gfrhandyman
Predictive text

Just now, paisleysaints said:

What's the best build to go for. Since I got my phone back I've lost everything. sooner the better for boxing please

I would avoid builds, to be honest.

Have a look through the thread and pick out add-ons that you think will have the stuff you want - or ask - and install them individually

Are the people who are struggling for watchable streams on kodi using acestream? I have a pulse build, ccm I think it's called and outside of kodi I have an acestream app on my android box. Using the njm soccer add on for kodi I can stream acestream links that play clearer than anything I've had in sportdevil and don't buffer.

6 minutes ago, Mik said:

Only use 2 apps on kodi now, Exodus and Sportsmania. Punted sky at the beginning the season, not looked back once

Kind of the same except I use Specto and Salts as well.  Just means your no spending ages looking for stuff.  Sportsnation is a steal at the  cost it is and well worth it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got one of these things for Christmas and trying to sort it out. Exodus is already pre-installed but whenever I search for any movies or films it just says 'working' and then doesn't give out any results. Everything else that's already on the thing doesn't seem to work either. Is there some sort of step I'm missing where apps already on the thing need to be run through or should they all be working straight away? I appreciate this probably sounds stupid btw but I've no clue what I'm doing :P

Got one of these things for Christmas and trying to sort it out. Exodus is already pre-installed but whenever I search for any movies or films it just says 'working' and then doesn't give out any results. Everything else that's already on the thing doesn't seem to work either. Is there some sort of step I'm missing where apps already on the thing need to be run through or should they all be working straight away? I appreciate this probably sounds stupid btw but I've no clue what I'm doing [emoji14]

They might need to be updated. Try updating one and see if that helps. You can update them in the settings

Best thing is to check the log viewer.

Programs > Program add ons > Maintenence Tool

Worked out the box for me. Try something simple like the TV section on UK Turk or TV now, if they work the the others should. If not there is something else wrong.

Always better to use ethernet if possible too, to rule out WI-FI issues.