andriod boxes / Kodi

How does Nav-x work? I've been in it but can't find links to any games. Appears a bit complicated, can't seem to navigate it properly at all.

Bulldog streams is great, but bt sports 1 link is down atm. I'm hoping premier league pass works on there.

How does Nav-x work? I've been in it but can't find links to any games. Appears a bit complicated, can't seem to navigate it properly at all.

Bulldog streams is great, but bt sports 1 link is down atm. I'm hoping premier league pass works on there.

On Navi-X go to Start Here.Then Most Recently Updated.Look for Operation Robocop Reborn.

Mostly Celtic/Sevco TV.

AB Sports on Most Recently Updated for Sky Sports HD.

Edited by muirkirk nil

Is that what Op Robocop is called now?

I found it easy enough to do, I followed a step by step guide to keep myself right. Give me five minutes and ill dig the guide I followed out.

Edit: http://kodicommunity.com/create-your-own-build-on-kodi-part-1/

A very easy guide too follow and i'd recommend it to anyone.

Cheers, I'll take a look later.

I installed Add-on Installer last night. Unless Im missing something it seems like a bit of a waste of time. I could only see add-ons from the TVADDONS repository. Once you've installed a repository you can browse the addons and install them direct from their. Im not sure what the point of the Installer is

Depends on how often and what you used your cable for, my missus watches her shite shows all the time, meaning i ditched sky sports etc a year ago, since exodus came out i dropped my virgin package to half the cost and she still watches shite on tv only through exodus now, so while i still watch shite with her, it save me money lol

My sky package is the bare minimum and kodi does the rest tbh. Live sports was the reason I got kodi so I could ditch sky and bt sports. I never had the movie channels anyway so kodi just saves looking online to find a movie and you can get plenty boxsets saving paying for the likes of AMC for American programmes so it does help as a money saver.

I gave up the majority of my Virgin media for Kodi, simply because I was spending a fortune and I don't actually sit and watch TV that much. It was much better to spend £50 on a box and have stuff on demand whenever I fancied it.

Fair enough if you dont watch much tv and/or the missus is happy to put up with Kodis interface. I couldnt rely on it for sports though. Finding streams is a hassle and the quality is never anywhere near as good, compared to tv broadcast.

I have found myself using it for TV, particularly US stuff, though

Edited by Mr X

Badly. Worst laid out app I think Ive ever seen.

Having said that, I did, eventually, find a stream for the Barca game that was the best quality Ive seen

If so many people are ditching Sky / Virgin etc. for these, then surely it's only a matter of time before the government step in and take some action against these.

I understand at present it's a bit of a grey area about whether streaming is illegal or not, but if Murdoch especially is losing millions and millions through this I can see that changing in the future.

If so many people are ditching Sky / Virgin etc. for these, then surely it's only a matter of time before the government step in and take some action against these.

I understand at present it's a bit of a grey area about whether streaming is illegal or not, but if Murdoch especially is losing millions and millions through this I can see that changing in the future.

Im not sure the numbers are that big at the moment.

Theres no grey area about whether streaming is illegal or not, it clearly is. The grey area is over the legality of the boxes/software that allows you to do it. Nintendo won a court case against mod chips last year which is a similar argument but no one has challenged Kodi, yet.

You're right, though, if numbers continue to grow and Sky start losing money it wont be long before they start to do more to stop this. Whether or not they go after the sources harder or turn their attention to Kodi remains to be seen.

Kodi is a piece of legal software.

Weeeell, technically Kodi is, but the add-ons definitely arent and thats the grey area, isnt it?

Nintendo modchips/carts were legal, as they were marketed as homebrew devices. Until Nintendo challenged it and convinced the judge that theyre primary use was for playing illegally copied games.

Obviously, its not a like for like comparison as Kodi isnt modifying or bypassing anyones hardware, but theres no way in the world Kodi would win a similar challenge.

Kodi is no more illegal than a computer. It could be used in illegal ways. But the technology itself doesn’t violate any laws.

Again, same as a modchip. Same as torrents, which are possibly a better example, yet ISPs were forced to block access to sites carrying illegal content using the technology.

Kodis argument seems to be that its no different to a browser. However, by allowing add-ons it separates itself from a browser, in my opinion anyway. As I said, if this was challenged the developers of Kodi would find it hard to argue that the thing it is being used most for is illegal streams. What action might come is, obviously, up for debate. I would say, best case, for Kodi would be they were forced to put in some kind of checks or blocks on the add-ons, but thats just a best guess. The actual software isnt going to be made illegal but if it went to court theyre unlikely to come out on top or survive in their current form.

Like Bit torrent, Kodi themselves are obviously worried about this too. According this article they are taking, pretty major, steps to distance themselves from illegal activity particularly people selling pre-installed boxes who reference Kodi. Of course, if they were serious about it Im sure they could block the add-ons

As I said, this is the grey area of the debate - intended use v actual use. Kodi will argue the intended use is perfectly legal. At some point, others will argue that the actual use is not. I cant see it happening anytime soon, but as Gaz said if Sky start to lose money it will happen at some point. Again, it might not be Kodi they go after.

Cheers!!! I've got one that had exodus on it etc too so will have to do this for the Kodi my mum will be getting.

Is it as easy as using this guide here?

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

Will I just start at the SYSTEM stage like described or do I have to do anything with the VPN or whatever like described there?

Kodi is just a cleaner platform for streaming. If we wanted to, it isn't hard to find sites that have streams of TV shows, films, or live sports ourselves, and that's been the case for years.

That isnt going to stand up in court though.

Ask Kim Dotcom how he got on defending a legal piece of tech that became used primarily for illegal purposes.

ETA - dont get me wrong, Im not claiming to be right about all this, just arguing the point of the "grey area"

Cheers!!! I've got one that had exodus on it etc too so will have to do this for the Kodi my mum will be getting.

Is it as easy as using this guide here?

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

Will I just start at the SYSTEM stage like described or do I have to do anything with the VPN or whatever like described there?

You dont need a VPN, you can start at the SYSTEM step

Edited by Mr X

Kodi is no more illegal than a computer. It could be used in illegal ways. But the technology itself doesn’t violate any laws.

I think you're missing my point.

I'm well aware that it doesn't violate any laws.

Laws can change. That's my point.

That isnt going to stand up in court though.

Ask Kim Dotcom how he got on defending a legal piece of tech that became used primarily for illegal purposes.

ETA - dont get me wrong, Im not claiming to be right about all this, just arguing the point of the "grey area"

You dont need a VPN, you can start at the SYSTEM step

Nah I'm not arguing it was. But anything the government does with this stuff is surely just putting out fires and ignoring the fuel. Until they realise that the only way to get rid of piracy is to make things affordable for everyone, people will always find a way to pirate. 

I think you're missing my point.

I'm well aware that it doesn't violate any laws.

Laws can change. That's my point.

Indeed. I think its when rather than if we see action on this. But I still think the when is a fair way away

Nah I'm not arguing it was. But anything the government does with this stuff is surely just putting out fires and ignoring the fuel. Until they realise that the only way to get rid of piracy is to make things affordable for everyone, people will always find a way to pirate. 

Absolutely. I dont have any figures but Id be surprised if silmu-casting Game of Thrones didnt cut the illegal downloads significantly. Even Netflix, in my opinion, are shooting themselves in the foot by cracking down on cross territory usage, although I imagine theyre under a fair bit of pressure from the content providers to do so.

The issue for Kodi users, illegal ones that is, is that if action is taken it will become increasingly harder for the add-on devs to keep one step ahead. Many will do so, but probably more will give up.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1459951513.381916.jpg

Sorry to annoy everybody again but mums just bought this, im 100 percent sure it's the same as the one I've got, would this work the same as other Kodi boxes? Again, thanks in advance.

Yes, it will. The launcher you see when it first starts up might be different, but once youre in Kodi it will be the same