andriod boxes / Kodi

No, but they will come with something that will access illegal content. Id be amazed if any tv manufacturers do that

Kodi can be downloaded directly from the playstore nowadays, so there shouldnt be an issue with it.

Kodi can be downloaded directly from the playstore nowadays, so there shouldnt be an issue with it.

No, although downloading plugins could be an issue.

The original question, though, was is an android TV the same as an Android box. Given that the vast majority, if not all, android boxes come with something pre-loaded for streaming illegal content, the answer is no.

No, although downloading plugins could be an issue.

The original question, though, was is an android TV the same as an Android box. Given that the vast majority, if not all, android boxes come with something pre-loaded for streaming illegal content, the answer is no.

We have the Sony android TV in my shop , I'll try and get kodi on it or cartoon HD to try and run. Will let you know how it works out.

We have the Sony android TV in my shop , I'll try and get kodi on it or cartoon HD to try and run. Will let you know how it works out.

Cool, be interesting to see whats possible

I just bought a new smart TV as having all the apps on the tv is easier than switching to Rokus and such like. Be even better if you could have Kodi running too!

Pretty new to the idea of getting an Android box do have to ask an opinion, these ones on Amazon and eBay for about £40 with Jailbroken all over the adverts. Are they shite or worth the money and are they OK with just WiFi or so you need to connect via ethernet? . Purely wanting it for legal streams of course.

Press the screen when the show starts, you should see the cast icon at the top of the screen. Press this and select the TV.

Cheers Thundercats.

I don't appear to have the cast icon on the screen when I am playing on the tablet. Do I need to download an App??

I have cartoonhd and when I choose a movie to watch, it asks me how I would like to play it. I choose web video caster and this finds my wifi tv and it plays on the TV. Thanks for any help. Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone use the blackbox for kodi?

just put it onto kodi on my pc (left the firestick ones as they were) and while the layout is great, a lot easier to get into whatever you want to watch etc, there's noway i can see to add more repos if any good ones come out

still more than enough on it mind you to find a decent watch

anyone use the blackbox for kodi?

just put it onto kodi on my pc (left the firestick ones as they were) and while the layout is great, a lot easier to get into whatever you want to watch etc, there's noway i can see to add more repos if any good ones come out

still more than enough on it mind you to find a decent watch

Ok, I installed blackbox to play about with it. The easiest way that I can see to install any new repos is this. Press the home icon, then on the main menu, scroll along to "maintenance" click it (not the submenus underneath). Click on "appearance" then change skin from CCM Helix to Confluence. you should know where you are from there.

Got my fire stick through on Saturday, managed to get a decent stream for the Joshua fight, was a bit jumpy and froze at times but I'd say that's down to shitty Internet, hopefully should have superfast in the next couple of weeks as the box is in, just waiting for it to go live

Ok, I installed blackbox to play about with it. The easiest way that I can see to install any new repos is this. Press the home icon, then on the main menu, scroll along to "maintenance" click it (not the submenus underneath). Click on "appearance" then change skin from CCM Helix to Confluence. you should know where you are from there.

nicely found mate