NFL Gamepass

Spain

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was considering getting NFL Gamepass this year.

I've installed Plex Media Player on my Smart TV which is capable of playing it in full HD glory on the big screen. I think I'm just going to go with the basic package (pre-season & regular season Texans games only).

I've got Sky Sports anyway (I normally just watch Redzone) but was interested to know what everyone else's thoughts on Gamepass was. Am I making a mistake only going for the basic package?

Also I have it in my head somewhere that there's deals at some point for Gamepass, but I suspect I may have missed it already. Thoughts?

I'd never get a team specific package. It's a small difference(£30 I think?) and you'll get all the games so you could tune in if you were interested watching as a neutral.

For the guys who have Game Pass; what package have you got?

We've just cancelled Sky Sports so I'll be getting GP this season, is it worth the extra cash for the Season Plus package given that you don't get any Playoff games?

I've got the top package, which is excellent.

Definitely worth getting the Season Plus because you can watch the playoffs on it if you have a VPN. Just set it to the Netherlands and no games will be blocked.

I'd never get a team specific package. It's a small difference(£30 I think?) and you'll get all the games so you could tune in if you were interested watching as a neutral.

I've got the top package, which is excellent.

Definitely worth getting the Season Plus because you can watch the playoffs on it if you have a VPN. Just set it to the Netherlands and no games will be blocked.

Can you post how to do the VPN thingy majig closer to the time that would be helpful!!!!

I went for gamepass last week, not aware of a code.

I've been watching games from last couple of years, quality been excellent until last night watching Hard Knocks and the stream quality was poor.

Decided to shell out on gamepass this year rather than rely on dodgy streams.

However, having a bit of a nightmare trying to set up connection to Plex on my samsung smart tv. I can get things on my laptop absolutely fine but when I go into the Plex app -> Video Channels -> NFL Network -> NFL Gamepass and try and load archive videos (that I can watch if I do the same on my laptop) it just says "Request could not be completed, the requested item could not be found" or "the server returned no data"

I then tried Chromecasting it from the Plex app, but then I get "unable to cast, there was a problem playing this item". Literally then hit stop casting, click play on the same game and it launches on my laptop.

Any help? I can use chromecast to get the picture on my TV using the cast screen rather than tab but then the sound is out of sync. Also checked the Plex app is up to date.

edit: I can play TV shows / films from my laptop on TV using plex no bother.

I signed up yesterday and gave it a go on Plex on my Samsung Smart TV too. Any archived stuff was crashing after a minute or so (alert said "Unexpected Error" or something), but live streams were all working fine. Pain in the arse if I have to watch the highlights on the laptop or something instead. Did you get yours working yet Fucti?

I signed up yesterday and gave it a go on Plex on my Samsung Smart TV too. Any archived stuff was crashing after a minute or so (alert said "Unexpected Error" or something), but live streams were all working fine. Pain in the arse if I have to watch the highlights on the laptop or something instead. Did you get yours working yet Fucti?

Sorry, just saw this. Tried it again through the TV app, firstly made sure the app was up to date, but absolutely nothing works under the Gamepass sub-menu, whether it's live games, archive games, or archive stuff like Hard Knocks from previous years. The NFL now clips work but that's it.

I figured it could be that the TV app doesn't think I'm logged in to Gamepass but there's no way to do so on the TV so I checked that I was logged in to NFL Network on Plex on my laptop, which I was.

I've managed to get round it by Chromecast though, whatever I was doing earlier has obviously fixed itself. Bit shit if I didn't have that though.

• 2 weeks later...

What were you using it on? I believe you can get Plex on PS3 & PS4 now too.

Last year I just bought it for one week and it was terrible.

I've taken the Season Pass this year and it's been great, but have just watched it on laptop. Is plex easy to to set up? Is it an app you download to ps4?

Fucti, Plex updated. Seems to be working fine on my Samsung now. Just watched a condensed pre-season game no problem at all.

Cheers, still seems to be hit and miss, can get the preseason games and other archive games but the archive programmes are still buggered. Guess logging on early on Sunday is the key so I can at least use chromecast.

I tried to get Plex on PS3 but you need to pay for it, not sure if the same on PS4.

Archived