Glasgow should be the capital of Scotland.

Romeo

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First visit to Glasgow was in the early 80's to see Hearts play at Parkhead. Can't remember the score, but the two lasting memories were a jakey wifey having a 1pm pish in the street and one of the bus windows being tanned after the game by one of the bfitw who no longer wanted his bottle of ginger.

Chilly journey back along the M8. Classy place though.

Oh Throbby :(

You couldn't have dropped some crisp packets near a road sign just as a wee GIRUY?

I was working down that way and was meaning to take a pic of all the mess but forgot and then when i finished work it had been cleaned up despite it being there for days, typical!!

:lol:

Knew you would like that!

I was in Falkirk town centre yesterday for the first time in a few years and it was even more depressing than I remembered. Walked up from the Asda car park to the main street and the first thing I saw on the main street was 5 unoccupied shops in a row.

The reality is, people try and bracket whole towns cities as being shit when it completely depends where you live within that town /city. Living in a nice bit of Dundee with a decent bit of disposable income is obviously going to be better than living in a rubbish bit of Glasgow and vice versa

Homophobic Post IMO

TC, what I find queer is that you are only in a tizzy about what you imagine is homophobic in my post but you have no beef with VT or his oppression that he "speaks" for the nation. Or are you usually so obliging to have things put in your mouth by strangers? Maybe you know him though, so it might not be so strange. Or even you could be him. Stranger things happen at sea?

Grimbo

TC, what I find queer is that you are only in a tizzy about what you imagine is homophobic in my post but you have no beef with VT or his oppression that he "speaks" for the nation. Or are you usually so obliging to have things put in your mouth by strangers? Maybe you know him though, so it might not be so strange. Or even you could be him. Stranger things happen at sea?

Grimbo

He's trying too hard not to appear homophobic if so.

For the benefit of Yanks and others, can we have some translations of local words?

For instance: Slice Roll in Inverclyde means 'Roll on square sausage'

Edinburgh:

Baffles - Slippers

Barry - Fantastic or great (?)

Cludgie - Toilet

Deek - Look at

Shan - A shame or disappointing

Grimbo

How very dare you!

Grimbo

I don't think you know what the word 'oppression' means.

Archived