Glasgow should be the capital of Scotland.

Romeo

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like the title says, Glasgow should be the capital of Scotland.

Lets face it, Edinburgh is a shit hole that consists of one street with some old buildings on it surrounded by slums.

Glasgow on the other hand is a vibrant city, full of character. It's bigger, better in almost every way. The financial power house that keeps Scotland going, It's more populous and has better more successful football teams than our east coast junkie neighbours.

Any right thinking, non scheme goblin, non puddle drinking person would agree.

What so the fabulous P&B posters think?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets face it, Edinburgh is a shit hole that consists of one street with some old buildings on it surrounded by slums.

Glasgow on the other hand is a vibrant city, full of character. It's bigger, better in almost every way. The financial power house that keeps Scotland going, It's more populous and has better more successful football teams than our east coast junkie neighbours.

Never, you west coast tink.

Scotland deserves a capital with history, culture and beautiful people which is equidistant from the most populous areas.

Scotland I nominate a Cathedral City that is worthy of that title:

motherwell.jpg

It has a beautiful heritage centre. Cultured tae f**k!

glencairn-tower-demolition-822064844.jpg

You won't get The Scheme being filmed here. Oh no. The Cooncil put see tae that.

castle.jpg

Auld Reekie can stick their castle up their arse - Motherwell's finest.

21037990.jpg

It's even got a fucking Wetherspoons. What's no tae like?

That's right folks - I nominate Motherwell.

I am from the west coast but reside in Edinburgh and i still feel more at home speaking to folk from Glasgow as i do in Edinburgh. Romeo's thoughts on Edinburgh resembles a lot of guys i have met at work over the past few months and its quite funny and mostly banter.

When it comes down to it theres no reason to make Glasgow the capital as Edinburgh already has the houses of parliament and has the capital city feel to it, both are fine cities that we as Scots should be proud of.

Glasgow is by far the best city in Scotland. It's like comparing Real Madrid to Accrington Stanley really, with Stanley being anywhere else in Scotland.

"Full of character"= orangefest and unwashed green and white taps on junkies. Fucking sold mate.

Adam clearly knows the score. Throbz, nothing pains me more than a Glasgow boy ending up in the shit hole. Come home Throbz, come home.

Well i only had spells in Glasgow, last lived there when i was 21 but loved the night life there especially. Now that i live here I'm more settled and appreciate other things about the city that i never really cared about when in Glasgow and have grown fond of Edinburgh despite having the same feeling towards it you have.

The people in general aren't as friendly or quirky which I feel nostalgic about when I go to Glasgow as i feel a lot of people don't get my obvious humour but i do feel happy here and quite settled. Might end up in Glasgow in a few years, you never know although Mrs Throbber thinks its a shit hole

Was it not Scone?

Did the capital not used to be Dunfermline?

During the years before it acquired / merged with the areas south of the Clyde-Forth (Kingdom of Strathclyde etc) and various isles, yes, although use of the word 'capital' as we think of it is rather strong and couldn't really be applied to anything back then. Scone was essentially nothing more than a ceremonial site, but the closest thing to any centre of national importance.

Malcolm Canmore set up shop in Dunfermline which (with the building of the abbey etc) became and pretty much remained the royal seat until the Stuarts moved to safer surroundings in Edinburgh Castle / fcuked off down to London and lost interest.

Basically, Scone was only ever the 'capital' of a fraction of Scotland as we know it today, Dunfermline gradually much more so. Going into the proper ins and outs of the Kingdom of Scotland / Kingdom of Alba etc requires an extended dissertation.

Glasgow is by far the best city in Scotland. It's like comparing Real Madrid to Accrington Stanley really, with Stanley being anywhere else in Scotland.

There is a Stanley, quite near Scone funnily enough. The recently restored mills would make a rather handy parliament building.

Archived