'Unexpected item in the bagging area' deid.

"Shouty and irritating" shite days when you get bullied from a pre-recorded audio.

It used to piss me off so much, blatantly trying to embarrass me in front of my fellow shoppers by howling about 'unexpected items'. It was a dreaded experience and so I used to avoid the humiliating devices at all costs.

The day I discovered the mute button on the machines was the day I no longer feared using the self service. I felt free, and it was a glorious moment.

Sad news

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/tesco-scraps-unexpected-item-in-the-bagging-area-as-selfcheckouts-switch-to-less-frustrating-audio-10427198.html

Tesco is to replace the audio on its self checkout machines with one that is "friendlier, more helpful and less talkative". It will also scrap the infamous alert “unexpected item in the bagging area” that was introduced with the self-checkout machines in 2003.

Tesco said it was making the change to the 12,000 machines in operation because some customers found the current voice was shouty and irritating.

Goodnight, the shoppers' princess.

The till voice in my local Tesco is the most meaningful relationship I have had with a woman in quite some time.

I've always been a sucker for being shouted at by posh women.

Yes, I have issues. I'm fully aware of that.

The day I discovered the mute button on the machines was the day I no longer feared using the self service. I felt free, and it was a glorious moment.

Whoa! Hold the, bus. These things have a mute button?!

K'sake.

What grinds my gear is "Please take your change" repeated ad infinitum while I'm packing.

In a minute, love.

So you scan all your shopping, then pay, then put it all in a bag?

People like you shouldn't be allowed to use them.

It's a total b*****d when you f**k up the bagging area thing and have to like fanny about whilst a queue of arseholes tut at you for being the guy that cannae work the machine. Still get nightmares.

I love self scanners, I swapped the barcode off a tin of sweetcorn onto a 42" plasma telly in Asda last week

8) Scenes !!

That's a great trick to play by swapping barcodes on sandwiches with a Telly or something & watching some unsuspecting nincompoop scan his lunch & all merry hell breaks loose when his sandwich comes in at £300 & the unexpected item banshee wails!

Grimbo

Archived