UK Economic Growth picks up...

Ross.

Bit of a waste of your time really.

Who's going to employ you?

I'm not looking for employment until I've finished my studies. It will certainly be a better career than IT that's for sure. That's the only reply your getting today Anthony.

The entire oil industry knows it's cyclical, hence the better packages for employees. No steady industry rewards their employees as well during up turn, any oil & gas employee knows they will reap the benefits during high prices and that is counteracted by job risk at downturn.

It's the way the industry has always operated, things are grim at present, but that is the nature of the beast.

Saying that, Scotland must be the only nation on earth where having oil is seen as a bad thing. The economy will continue regardless, what Westminster has failed to do, is put revenue away for a rainy day! That's Westminster's failing- not the oil industries.

Growth they say??

From a government who chooses to hide the bank bailout debt, from our debt figures.

A government who has borrowed more in their two terms than has been borrowed in the history of the UK.

Who currently are servicing debt to the tune of £70billion each year, just pissing it down a drain.

Remember too, that interest rates have been at a long term historic low, and when they rise the UK is f**ked.

It's all smoke and mirrors until the inevitable second big crash happens, and it will happen, watch the government come for your pensions and savings. You wont get any warning of this, but if they mention "derivatives" on the News alot then we are close to it.

One thing at least we're not the US, the sh*t will really hit the fan over there, but we're only talking shades of disaster

I'm not looking for employment until I've finished my studies. It will certainly be a better career than IT that's for sure. That's the only reply your getting today Anthony.

Mmm.. Finish your studies eh. That could take a while.

Oh and for future reference once you start your 'career'.. It will be large Latte to go.. No sugar thanks. I'll take one of those little biscotti things though. Cheers.

Growth, inflation and unemployment statistics are all being manipulated in order to paint more rosier picture. The ONS is highly politicized and is not in any way independent. They were also manipulating statistics during the referendum campaign in order to help the BT. Growth is being manipulated by including activities that were never included in the past like crime and prostitution. For inflation, they just change the basket of goods they measure. That way they don't have to give out as much in government handouts that are indexed to inflation. Unemployment is well understood how it's being manipulated. They count underemployed people as if they're full time and don't count people out of work who're no longer claiming jobseekers.

This

Archived