EoS Predictions (1st, 4th & 5th August)

One rule that needs rectified the world over is red card for a keeper and a penalty. Surely awarding a penalty and possibly a yellow is fair?

There's a certain refs name that keeps getting mentioned aswell due to inconsistencies and bad reffing of games.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One rule that needs rectified the world over is red card for a keeper and a penalty. Surely awarding a penalty and possibly a yellow is fair?

There's a certain refs name that keeps getting mentioned aswell due to inconsistencies and bad reffing of games.

Said it before- the red card is for denying a goalscoring opportunity, what's a penalty if it's not a goalscoring opportunity? Think if it happens in the box a yellow is fine- outside ( keepers and defenders) then it should be a red.

I am finding it hard to believe but been herring that willie the worsted Kelso/eos goalkeeper who wants to come off at half time also has not trained once for Kelso in his own words he does not train, think you should give it up lad no respect for your fellow team mates or club

Given the comment on the Kelso FB page, suggesting that Willie had basically done the Duns FC team talk for them with his "prediction" here, I would have thought he'd have been told to stop posting here. It's not big and it certainly isn't clever. P&B is not the place for players to discuss themselves, their teams and other teams - it can only end in tears. Or in Kelso's case, a big goals against figure, which must be disappointing as there will have been some hard work gone into pre-season.

I have been told to cut the crap yes, but if I'm being verbally attacked from someone who's hiding behind an alias a will pipe up. The same could be said when I wasn't happy about one of the match reports mentioning me every paragraph to make it look like everything was my fault I piped up then.

Negativity is ridiculed within the dressing room, which is fair and given our 2nd half showing against Spartans hopefully the ship starts to steady again and we can press on with our decent pre season results and produce a few shocks here and there. The season hasn't started yet.

I sit and wonder how we can be tipped to finish bottom by everybody but that only seems to be the case because I'm the keeper.

I have been told to cut the crap yes, but if I'm being verbally attacked from someone who's hiding behind an alias a will pipe up.

I sit and wonder how we can be tipped to finish bottom by everybody but that only seems to be the case because I'm the keeper.

Unless you were actually christened tynie1874, we are all "hiding behind aliases". That's the nature of the beast - if you don't like it, if don't post, especially as you've been told to stop. I have a soft spot for Kelso, as they were my home town side growing up, so it's really disappointing to see them being ridiculed because of you.

As for being tipped to be bottom, given Kelso were 2nd bottom last year (and only escaped the wooden spoon in the last match) it's hardly an insult. I'd say Eyemouth, Burntisland, Kelso and even Hawick, despite their recent clear improvement, will find it hard to rise from the bottom. Will be interesting to see if Peebles were using the qualifying league table as a warm up, or whether they have genuinely lost momentum. It's a shame that it's mainly Border sides that seem to be struggling in the EoS

The refs on the tv get it wrong all the time , and that's with lines men every week .So one man in the middle of the park on his own has little chance being in the right place all the time to get it right on off sides , and I think most of us that go to east of Scotland games understand that . He is not going to get every foul right every penalty decision correct , so hey ho ! we all just have to take the rough with the smooth .Some weeks you will get the rub of the green others you wont .

The problem that I have is , refs running about flashing cards after 2 minutes , the game has not even taken shape at that stage , come on refs lets use some common sense . You are there to blend into the background make sure fair play takes place and no one gets hurt .Flash the cards if they want to kick lumps out of each other and want to fight. Seen 3 games this season so far 2red cards , god only knows how many yellows, and I am not sure if I have seen a bad tackle yet , all the games were played in a good spirit , with all teams trying to play football.

So lets be on here speaking about some young kid being star of the show , not speaking about some referee that has stole the leading role for himself .

sorry to have to disagree with this. How frustrating it is to watch a game,your team leading 1 nil after 50 minutes & then witness an opposing player dive to gain a penalty. The referee about 10 yards away with a clear view!! He was alleged to have said after the game "I didn't think it was a penalty, I went with the shout"!! Incredible statement to make if that's true.The player in question kept a very low profile in the bar afterwards, an admission of guilt maybe??

sorry to have to disagree with this. How frustrating it is to watch a game,your team leading 1 nil after 50 minutes & then witness an opposing player dive to gain a penalty. The referee about 10 yards away with a clear view!! He was alleged to have said after the game "I didn't think it was a penalty, I went with the shout"!! Incredible statement to make if that's true.The player in question kept a very low profile in the bar afterwards, an admission of guilt maybe??

Lovely set of allegations and conjecture. Good work from you

Lovely set of allegations and conjecture. Good work from you

I had a good view from the side of the park where the big gap is and it was a clear dive and worst of it was the ref was yards away. Another poor refereeing performance spoiled a great game between Duns and Edin Uni. Credit to the uni very fit and good passing team.

Also may i mention the Edin uni coach the way he was shouting and swearing at the ref at half time and full time. Nothing short of embarrassing.

You don't mean Big Doz do you? We narrowly beat the Uni last week and despite the disappointing result he was the perfect gentleman.

He very rarely is. The half dozen or so times I've seen him coach over the last three years or so he's been ignorant, arrogant at times and often abusive to both officials and opposition players.

If he was at any other side not restricted by the talent pool available the players would do one or someone would knock him out!

He very rarely is. The half dozen or so times I've seen him coach over the last three years or so he's been ignorant, arrogant at times and often abusive to both officials and opposition players.

If he was at any other side not restricted by the talent pool available the players would do one or someone would knock him out!

Agree 100%

Is Zorro still his assistant?? He is a gentleman and total opposite of the manager!

Archived