Ayr United v Brechin

stevemc81

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is this wee dick then ??

Inferring from context, I'd say Jonathon Tiffoney?

Also, why are the "HD" highlights from AUMedia such bad quality this season?

I've got it set to 720p and it looks like it was recorded it on a Nokia 3210

I have noticed this as well , problem solved by going 1080p

match highlights

If this is a true reflection of the game then.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Like most have said mid table at best - I will have this. I am not going to go head long into criticising anybody we are work in progress but do need to figure out how we create more. There is a danger when have a manger who was a defender that the team is set up to try and prevent goals but in doing this you invite teams onto you and more often than not you will eventually concede.

There are new partnerships all over the pitch and they need to bed in - Perry / Cormack, Dale / Fusco or Molloy / Smith, and who whoever is up front.

It will be a slow burning season... lets hope it comes together.

Since the train fare to Inverness is a lot more than to Ayr I decided to take the day off from supporting Motherwell and came to this match.

First half was pretty poor, apart from the goal I don't remember either goalkeeper having a save to make, and it was played at a very slow pace. Probably the highlight was a chest high tackle by Jerry McLaughlin! He's 26 years old? Tough paper round.

The lad Forrest got Ayr going when he came on and game went up a gear. Alan Trouten, who had been anonymous up until then, suddenly came on to a game. I remember seeing him many years ago on another day off from Motherwell at Queens Park and him really standing out and of course he's gone on to have a pretty good career in the lower divisions.

Felt Graeme Smith made a complete hash of the second goal but I'll admit to some bias against him from his time at Fir Park.

Overall Ayr worth the 2-0 score line but I thought Brechin were pretty poor and looked fairly toothless. They have a lot of big lads in the team but it was pretty agricultural from them both on and off the ball.

Obviously didn't play today but hopefully Craig Moore has a good loan spell down there. Might pop down again one day if I have a free Saturday to see how he gets on.

" My understanding is that the lad developed alopecia in his early teens and the fact that he has overcome this and played at a decent level for so long, ( despite comments and abuse from ignorant, judgemental people like yourself ) is testament to his character. Incidentally, when did your brain damage kick in " Ya" ? !"

If this is a true reflection of the game then.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Like most have said mid table at best - I will have this. I am not going to go head long into criticising anybody we are work in progress but do need to figure out how we create more. There is a danger when have a manger who was a defender that the team is set up to try and prevent goals but in doing this you invite teams onto you and more often than not you will eventually concede.

There are new partnerships all over the pitch and they need to bed in - Perry / Cormack, Dale / Fusco or Molloy / Smith, and who whoever is up front.

It will be a slow burning season... lets hope it comes together.

Fleming had one save to make in the whole game and that's in the highlights. The other 3 shots you guys had ended up high and wide in the terrace. Ayr have new partnerships on pitch too so that isn't really an excuse. Brechin offered very little and huffed and puffed sideways without offering very much. Yet to score in 2 games is a big concern I would say.

As for Ayr comfortable win without ever getting out of second gear.

Fleming had one save to make in the whole game and that's in the highlights. The other 3 shots you guys had ended up high and wide in the terrace. Ayr have new partnerships on pitch too so that isn't really an excuse. Brechin offered very little and huffed and puffed sideways without offering very much. Yet to score in 2 games is a big concern I would say.

As for Ayr comfortable win without ever getting out of second gear.

We struggled to score all last season too and still made the play offs.

We struggled to score all last season too and still made the play offs.

Last season's League One was about as close to omnishambles as can be imagined. Even the team that eventually won the league got repeated hidings from an Ayr side so bad they could have been the basis of an Armando Iannucci comedy.

No idea but I watched it on my TV and it was high def. Maybe your broadband was being a wee bitch.

" My understanding is that the lad developed alopecia in his early teens and the fact that he has overcome this and played at a decent level for so long, ( despite comments and abuse from ignorant, judgemental people like yourself ) is testament to his character. Incidentally, when did your brain damage kick in " Ya" ? !"

What an overly emotional response to a nothing comment.

That's a horrible draw for Ayr. Obviously it would have been nice to progress but don't think anyone at Glebe Park will be losing sleep over missing out on a trip to Dingwall midweek.

Archived