Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

The above is another collection of posts that have added nothing whatsoever to the game, including DarkBlue62's one and only post thus far. I would be looking at these players to add more and get involved. Having said that I do think the focus on targeting the quiet players on the first day is a pretty poor tactic, initially started by AK. Hopefully this attention is the push these players need to get more involved, if they don't then it's certainly time to be pointing the finger of suspicion on them.

Not sure I agree with you here Turbo. As far as I'm aware most of the players here are all quite experienced so shouldn't need "pushed" into action. Certainly think it's quite a mafia tactic to remain quietish and hope people don't notice.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies, I've clearly misread and lumped my entire post in with your statement.

Definitely think there will have been mafia that have posted already so hopefully me throwing posts about helps us to narrow it down. I'm sure most experienced players will realise there is no way I would leave myself open to so much scrutiny on the first day if I was mafia. You could say it's a tactic to look innocent but it would be far too risky for the mafia on day one when absolutely nothing much has happened. Anyway that's my take on things until I get home later.

You're all screwed up in this game, Turbo. I don't understand what you're trying to say here. You also can't be seriously saying that all mafia don't post in case of scrutiny. Does that mean that everyone over 5 posts should be declared innocent? Strange thinking from a smart player. I think I'll vote for you. Vote Turbo.

VOTE COUNT

Turbo_dee (2) - DavidMcG, GingerSaint

DavidMcG (1) - Ludo *1

With 19 players, it's 10 votes for an early lynch.

Deadline is at 11 PM. Remember to also get your night actions in before that.

VOTE COUNT

DavidMcG (1) - Ludo *1

Turbo voted for David McG. He couldn't bold it on his phone.

DarkBlue62's post didn't sit right with me either. Typical sort of post that a Mafia member would make at the start of the game IMO.

For tonight, I'm going to vote numberonewasp.

He has been fairly quiet. I'm sure he used to post a lot more frequently in these games, so it could possibly be a tactical move to avoid giving much away at this early stage. His first post didn't really add anything to the debate. He just agreed with me that Ludo seemed suspicious. He knows that Ludo is a strong player. He probably knows that I am an absolute Mafia master who can influence people to vote the same way as myself. If Ludo isn't Mafia, I'm sure that they would LOVE him to be lynched on the first night.

Apart from this, numberonewasp's other post made it clear that he doesn't want anyone to be looking at user profiles during the game. Does he simply like to play by the rules? Or is this more of a 'panic' move?

DarkBlue62's post didn't sit right with me either. Typical sort of post that a Mafia member would make at the start of the game IMO.

For tonight, I'm going to vote numberonewasp.

He has been fairly quiet. I'm sure he used to post a lot more frequently in these games, so it could possibly be a tactical move to avoid giving much away at this early stage. His first post didn't really add anything to the debate. He just agreed with me that Ludo seemed suspicious. He knows that Ludo is a strong player. He probably knows that I am an absolute Mafia master who can influence people to vote the same way as myself. If Ludo isn't Mafia, I'm sure that they would LOVE him to be lynched on the first night.

Apart from this, numberonewasp's other post made it clear that he doesn't want anyone to be looking at user profiles during the game. Does he simply like to play by the rules? Or is this more of a 'panic' move?

I've been quiet because i'm still trying to figure out the Ludo/DavidMcG/Turbo situation 1 of them or potentially 2 of them are mafia i'm just trying to figure out who it is.

Regarding your point on my opinion of profile reading i've never been a fan of it and never done it I think it's a form of cheating in a game that is supposed to be about working out posts no deflections just never been something i've agreed with.

Vote Ludo He's accused a handful of people of being mafia with no real evidence and then as soon as Markoraj made the point about Turbo he started to be swithered to that aswell so there is definitely something going on in that little group of Ludo/Turbo/DavidMcG.

I always do something wrong eh? I've got no idea who I'm voting for. As I may not be on later I will make my vote now.

vote Airdrie Onions

You always do something wrong? Meaning the aim of the game is to avoid suspicion and not defeating the mafia?

there is definitely something going on in that little group of Ludo/Turbo/DavidMcG.

Why are the three of them together? Ludo has had a head to head with David and David has had a go at Turbo. Why are we lumping them all in together and proclaiming that one of them must be mafia? I don't like posts that are vague. If you suspect someone then point out why, don't target 3 people and say something in passing to look like you commented on it.

Why are the three of them together? Ludo has had a head to head with David and David has had a go at Turbo. Why are we lumping them all in together and proclaiming that one of them must be mafia? I don't like posts that are vague. If you suspect someone then point out why, don't target 3 people and say something in passing to look like you commented on it.

I put all three of them toether because they were having there own little squable and it could be Ludo and Turbo ganging up on DavidMcG or it could be Ludo and DavidMcG having a fake arguement to distance themselves from each other so that was my reasoning for putting all 3 together but if you look at the full post i singled out Ludo and voted for him because he's raised my suspicions the most.

I put all three of them toether because they were having there own little squable and it could be Ludo and Turbo ganging up on DavidMcG or it could be Ludo and DavidMcG having a fake arguement to distance themselves from each other so that was my reasoning for putting all 3 together but if you look at the full post i singled out Ludo and voted for him because he's raised my suspicions the most.

I can't see how this one is even possible. It was David that called out Turbo, and he got extremely defensive about it.

I can't see how this one is even possible. It was David that called out Turbo, and he got extremely defensive about it.

So Turbo got extremely defensive yet you decided to vote for David? Hmmmm so explain to me how that means it's not possible for you and Turbo to be working together?

So Turbo got extremely defensive yet you decided to vote for David? Hmmmm so explain to me how that means it's not possible for you and Turbo to be working together?

Erm Turbo being defensive about things isn't the same as him ganging up David with Ludo. It is quite simply Turbo being defensive.

number one wasp, on 29 Jul 2015 - 19:10, said:

What? Read the thread and you'll see the reasons.

Where did I say it was not possible for me and Turbo to not be working together? I said, it wasn't possible to interpret the events as me and Turbo ganging up on David as they were totally separate events and it was David that called out Turbo.

You're all over the place here.

The above is another collection of posts that have added nothing whatsoever to the game, including DarkBlue62's one and only post thus far. I would be looking at these players to add more and get involved. Having said that I do think the focus on targeting the quiet players on the first day is a pretty poor tactic, initially started by AK. Hopefully this attention is the push these players need to get more involved, if they don't then it's certainly time to be pointing the finger of suspicion on them.

Turbo,
I don't think it is any worse strategy than any other day 1 tactic to be honest. At least with the chatty, noisy guys, they are going to be easier to catch in a lie at a later date. Those quiet, sleekit guys are not as easy to catch out as the game progresses and people can become more and more paranoid.
I also don't understand why you decided to detail some of the interesting posts from these quiet players but then miss out at least two of them? Kyle and Mr Brightside spring to mind here as just as two obvious ones, in fact you previously mentioned Mr Brightside in passing on another post but then didn't decide to include him in your more detailed break down here?
Just curious, did you miss them or is there something about there posts that don't concern you as much?

VOTE COUNT

DavidMcG (2) - Ludo *1, Turbo_dee

number one wasp (1) - The Real Saints

Airdrie Onions (1) - DarkBlue62

Ludo *1 (1) - number one wasp

Quite a few people are coming across as suspicious already, I don't know if it's they're a bit eager to get going because it's been so long since we played or maybe there is a bit more to it.

I don't ever remember gtg being as aggressive a player as he has been so far in this game which has the alarm bells ringing a bit.

To be honest, I find this kind of post much more suspicious than a spat between three players renowned for their abilities to out potential Mafia.

I think the three way spat is a day one attempt to create discussion rather than an attempt to distance themselves from Mafia to be honest.

GingerSaint is still the best Mafia player on this site IMO. I can never read him or his motives.

Kyle, on 29 Jul 2015 - 20:04, said:

To be honest, I find this kind of post much more suspicious than a spat between three players renowned for their abilities to out potential Mafia.

I think the three way spat is a day one attempt to create discussion rather than an attempt to distance themselves from Mafia to be honest.

GingerSaint is still the best Mafia player on this site IMO. I can never read him or his motives.

Have to agree with you Kyle, I think whilst I've built a semi-decent first day case against David, I feel I've been a bit hasty in voting for him when NOW is posting stuff like that. Might change closer to the deadline, but for now I'll Unvote DavidMcG.

For me right now, it's between David or NOW for my first day vote.

Archived