Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

I think Turbo highlighting the profile cheat in a casual way might suggest mafia. Sounds like what he's really trying to do is bring it up so that it can be banned without sounding like he is worried

Of course if he'd read the rule about the host only answering questions in PM then no one would've noticed...

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record guys, my mucked up quotes aren't me having trouble with the quote function, just my work's browser doesn't fully work with P&B - sorry if it's an annoyance!

^^^^

Too old to work technology type post.

It's barely a question that's why I probably didn't even acknowledge it needed a reply. I think you are asking why I cast judgement on you before the game started? It's because we have played in many games together and I felt it appropriate to do so.

It seems that it's only when I voted for you that you even bother to acknowledge the question, whereas earlier you seemed very happy to let it slide despite me mentioning it more than once.

You cast judgement on me before the game started, yet when I done likewise towards yourself, you deemed it unacceptable, stating: 'You are utterly paranoid, not to mention that was before game started.' yet you implied that my posts, the majority of which were considered before the official 'start' were obviously fair game as you were only too happy to try and imply that my posts were suspicious when you stated:

Ludo has so far made about 6 posts on this thread and 5 of them have been shots/accusations against 5 different people! Onions, Sooky, Bonksy, me and Gy.

Very early days of course but very attacking behaviour right off the bat. Hmmm

I think Turbo highlighting the profile cheat in a casual way might suggest mafia. Sounds like what he's really trying to do is bring it up so that it can be banned without sounding like he is worried

That's how I read it too. And onions (Lichtie?!) making the point about posing questions via PM is a good one too.

Turbo would have known that the question wouldn't be clarified on the game thread and he brought it up anyway - why? If he has successfully used that tactic before, and he was village this time, why not just quietly do it again given that it hasn't expressly been banned?

Maybe clutching at straws but it's sticking out more to me than the usual pointless aggression you get at the start of these games.

With regards to David's post and subsequent vote for me, I would like to point out that I wasn't being 'super defensive' but merely pointing out another way of looking at things. It's a bit much to be labelling my real life commitments as 'total nonsense' but granted you won't know whether I'm being truthful or not. Up to the players to decide, but would I really act so conspicuous as this if I was mafia? I would like to think I'm a better player than that.

I do think this exchange has helped the village though, it's the perfect thing for people to jump on and has my suspicions raised towards airdrie onions and markoraj among others.

To answer their point, I did read the thread and would have sent a pm to thingyman if I was seeking a modkill or something similar. I wasn't, just discussing the differences that could be evident in these games. A very slight thing for you both to jump in on, isn't it?

Also I have no idea what the number of quoted posts is but I've exceeded it by a fair bit and thus my long post has been shortened considerably. Cuts out some of the filler though!

Was it not you who used to hate things from before the game started being used as influence? Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Thought this was the start of another NOW/GY feud. Maybe later...

I think there's something very strange going on with David (gtg) and I've already highlighted my points as to why, but he's still not answered any of my points and furthermore, his vote against Turbo just sticks out as being desperate rubbish. The only thing that he has going in his favour right now, is that I have such respect for the type of game he could play - if he was mafia - would he genuinely come away with such rubbish and show his hand this easily?

I appreciate if I'm wrong on this, I'll look like a nailed on mafia member, but his posts are the best leads I have thus far so I simply have to:

Thought this last bit was interesting. Why would you look like a nailed on mafia member for voting for someone on the first day? The reasons for voting for him are tenuous, but then so is every vote on day 1. My first instinct was that you were looking to create a directly opposing stance as David so that when one of you is voted off as mafia, the other is in the clear. This sort of pre-planned tactic between two mafia members wouldn't be too much of a stretch for both of you guys.

MarkoRaj brought up an excellent point on Turbo.

With regards to David's post and subsequent vote for me, I would like to point out that I wasn't being 'super defensive' but merely pointing out another way of looking at things. It's a bit much to be labelling my real life commitments as 'total nonsense' but granted you won't know whether I'm being truthful or not. Up to the players to decide, but would I really act so conspicuous as this if I was mafia? I would like to think I'm a better player than that.

I do think this exchange has helped the village though, it's the perfect thing for people to jump on and has my suspicions raised towards airdrie onions and markoraj among others.

To answer their point, I did read the thread and would have sent a pm to thingyman if I was seeking a modkill or something similar. I wasn't, just discussing the differences that could be evident in these games. A very slight thing for you both to jump in on, isn't it?

Also I have no idea what the number of quoted posts is but I've exceeded it by a fair bit and thus my long post has been shortened considerably. Cuts out some of the filler though!

Why are you suspicious of Onions and Marko? Because they questioned your innocence?

I don't think I was jumping on anything, just pointing out that if you'd PM'd the question then it wouldn't look suspicious? If anything you could say I was helping you

GingerSaint, on 29 Jul 2015 - 17:35, said:

Thought this was the start of another NOW/GY feud. Maybe later...

Thought this last bit was interesting. Why would you look like a nailed on mafia member for voting for someone on the first day? The reasons for voting for him are tenuous, but then so is every vote on day 1. My first instinct was that you were looking to create a directly opposing stance as David so that when one of you is voted off as mafia, the other is in the clear. This sort of pre-planned tactic between two mafia members wouldn't be too much of a stretch for both of you guys.

MarkoRaj brought up an excellent point on Turbo.

Because I seem to be going all out for David. There's nothing to say that we're not both members of the mafia, I can appreciate that as that tactic has been used several times before. My point, however, was that if David was lynched, and proved to be innocent, my posts would be looked at in a much different light as tends to be the norm - and even reading them back myself, it wouldn't look good.

I just truly believe there's something up with David though and whilst that may not single him out as a mafia member, I think it's the best reason to go for so far - although as I've said, Marko's point about Turbo is one that has me swithering and may be the more sound choice to go for on the first night.

Awful defensive. I wasn't over the top, just making a suggestion. It's the first day so there's not much else to discuss. The fact that more than one person agrees and yet you've tried to turn it round on me has heightened my suspicion.

Why are you suspicious of Onions and Marko? Because they questioned your innocence?

I just think after having made a fairly conspicuous start, one that has seen me receive the first vote as well as the person voting for me getting voted for, it seems like a good time for the mafia to get their, admittedly valid, points across without looking out of place. With just 19 players in this game I would say it was fairly probable that at least one person out of myself, David, ludo, markoraj, airdrie onions and yourself are mafia. Probably could have made that point clearer. It's day one after all and if I got voted out or another civilian it wouldn't look guilty to have voted for me based on my start so far.

So, with that being said, I'm going to Vote DavidMcG on the off chance that their is an early lynch called and I'm not home. Should be back in plenty of time before the deadline. On the phone so if someone could bold my vote that would be magic.

Right, I've looked through the thread and nobody is immediately springing to mind as certain mafia or certain village. It's been cagey stuff, with not much actual 'substance' in posts to be scrutinised. So, I thought I would start with highlighting some of the players I feel have been quiet despite being active at times since the thread was started, as well as people that have contributed a lot in posts but not really made an effort to force the game forward. As we all know Mafia in previous games have tended to be quite quiet and careful with what they post, so it could be the case here. I'll highlight instances of this happening below but hopefully I can explain why it doesn't have me totally convinced.

Surprised Ludo is still playing tbh. Thought he'd be well into retirement now, the oldie.

Bonkys trying too hard Mafia style post imo

Dirty beggar

These three posts above were all made before Thingyman signified the start of the game. Sooky has made two posts and diamonds2002 three. They can be seen later in this post. The point to make here is that while the mafia may not post as much as regular villagers, what's important is the actual post itself, not the overall number of posts.

Give him a break, he's going a bit dottled in his old age. :P

This was Sooky's other post, nothing game related so far. Lichtgilphead seems to be making unrelated travel plans.

Hi boooys. So who is baaad here?!

The above is another collection of posts that have added nothing whatsoever to the game, including DarkBlue62's one and only post thus far. I would be looking at these players to add more and get involved. Having said that I do think the focus on targeting the quiet players on the first day is a pretty poor tactic, initially started by AK. Hopefully this attention is the push these players need to get more involved, if they don't then it's certainly time to be pointing the finger of suspicion on them.

It's a bit much to be labelling my real life commitments as 'total nonsense' but granted you won't know whether I'm being truthful or not.

I did no such thing. The total nonsense was defending yourself by saying that I hadn't contributed and that I had no reason to single you out over other players

So, with that being said, I'm going to Vote DavidMcG on the off chance that their is an early lynch called and I'm not home. Should be back in plenty of time before the deadline. On the phone so if someone could bold my vote that would be magic.

I did no such thing. The total nonsense was defending yourself by saying that I hadn't contributed and that I had no reason to single you out over other players

Apologies, I've clearly misread and lumped my entire post in with your statement.

Definitely think there will have been mafia that have posted already so hopefully me throwing posts about helps us to narrow it down. I'm sure most experienced players will realise there is no way I would leave myself open to so much scrutiny on the first day if I was mafia. You could say it's a tactic to look innocent but it would be far too risky for the mafia on day one when absolutely nothing much has happened. Anyway that's my take on things until I get home later.

Archived