Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we should discard anything in the game before it officially started, I already had my role so would assume most others would of by that point as well.

Was it not you who used to hate things from before the game started being used as influence? Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Was it not you who used to hate things from before the game started being used as influence? Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

If people already have their roles and are posting in the game thread then the game has already started (officially or not). As I said I already had my role so i'm assuming most others would have theirs by then as well.

I start work at 6am and only get a 20 minute break before I finish this afternoon so I've been catching up with the thread, and finding out my role. Unable to skive like you lot! :P

Posted 25 minutes after David caught you reading the thread. Skiving mafia scum IMO.

David only 'caught' me reading the thread because he was already on the thread, not contributing anything when I was reading the entire thread. A good question would be, why was he lurking in the thread but not engaging anyone? Why point out my inactivity at that point but not other players like kyle? Convenient timing, perhaps. But from David if anyone.

On to Mr. Brightside now, if my appearance was convenient, what of your two game related posts so far? Could be wrong as I'm still on my phone, but one of these posts was just a generic 'name calling already' type posts. But I'll wait until I'm on the computer to go through the thread and see if I can make a case on anyone.

Incidentally, Albino Rover, I don't count me sitting on the bog as my break. :P

David only 'caught' me reading the thread because he was already on the thread, not contributing anything when I was reading the entire thread. A good question would be, why was he lurking in the thread but not engaging anyone? Why point out my inactivity at that point but not other players like kyle? Convenient timing, perhaps. But from David if anyone.

On to Mr. Brightside now, if my appearance was convenient, what of your two game related posts so far? Could be wrong as I'm still on my phone, but one of these posts was just a generic 'name calling already' type posts. But I'll wait until I'm on the computer to go through the thread and see if I can make a case on anyone.

Incidentally, Albino Rover, I don't count me sitting on the bog as my break. :P

Nothing quite like getting paid for having a shite.

Another quick post before I go back through the thread, but I'm assuming it's within the rules to view other players' profiles during the game? Reading the rules in the first post it makes no mention of this so assume it's fine, but I remember almost getting modkilled from my first ever mafia game on here because I looked at someone's profile near the deadline and could see they were using the PM function and thus caught out one of the mafia players. I was given leniency as I didn't know any better at the time, but I guess it's fine this time round.

Another quick post before I go back through the thread, but I'm assuming it's within the rules to view other players' profiles during the game? Reading the rules in the first post it makes no mention of this so assume it's fine, but I remember almost getting modkilled from my first ever mafia game on here because I looked at someone's profile near the deadline and could see they were using the PM function and thus caught out one of the mafia players. I was given leniency as I didn't know any better at the time, but I guess it's fine this time round.

I think we should be staying away from checking profiles because that is a form of cheating imo.

Also you could kill a Mason or Investigator using that tactic.

I think we should be staying away from checking profiles because that is a form of cheating imo.

Also you could kill a Mason or Investigator using that tactic.

Yeah, I had thought before the game started that it would have been frowned upon but doesn't appear in the rules so it's maybe fair game on other sites where days last longer and they have a perhaps less 'localised' forum community. Definitely the first time since then that it's been allowed, excluding the survivor games, etc.

I'm calling bullsh*t on this Turbo.

1. Why was I on thread not contributing? I believe I was or am the top poster on this thread so far. You may argue the content or quality of my posts but to say I'm not contributing is utter rubbish.

2. Why was I lurking in thread not engaging? Emm....I checked pie and Bov saw there was new posts on this thread so checked them out then posted my post about who hadn't been active. I'm not sure what else I should have been doing. Very strange thing for you to point out.

3. Why you? At the time everyone else on the thread had posted apart from you. I did point that out in the post you responded to! After all that was the point of the post.

The three things above seem super defensive and frankly all nonsense statements. Add that to the fact you posted 20mins after I called out your inactivity seems more suss than anyone else so far.

Nobody else has voted yet I believe so I'll kick off.

Vote Turbo

The only person so far that has genuinely posted absolute nonsense to try and defend themselves. People may find that weak but it's first day so have to go on something.

I'm with gy on this 1 we shouldn't have profile reading allowed the game is all about trying to get a read on people through there posts on thread not checking to see who's PM'ing who and we shouldn't need to have it written in the rules that it's not allowed it should just be in our heads that it's only fair not to.

I think there's something very strange going on with David (gtg) and I've already highlighted my points as to why, but he's still not answered any of my points and furthermore, his vote against Turbo just sticks out as being desperate rubbish. The only thing that he has going in his favour right now, is that I have such respect for the type of game he could play - if he was mafia - would he genuinely come away with such rubbish and show his hand this easily?

I appreciate if I'm wrong on this, I'll look like a nailed on mafia member, but his posts are the best leads I have thus far so I simply have to:

Vote DavidMcG

I think there's something very strange going on with David (gtg) and I've already highlighted my points as to why, but he's still not answered any of my points and furthermore, his vote against Turbo just sticks out as being desperate rubbish. The only thing that he has going in his favour right now, is that I have such respect for the type of game he could play - if he was mafia - would he genuinely come away with such rubbish and show his hand this easily?

I appreciate if I'm wrong on this, I'll look like a nailed on mafia member, but his posts are the best leads I have thus far so I simply have to:

Vote DavidMcG

Apologies what questions did you ask that i didnt answer?

Voting me because I voted for turbo is pretty naff in itself. At least I have outlined why I have voted for Turbo. It's first day so there is never alot to go on and he defended his inactivity with 3 clearly rubbish statements as highlighted above. Maybe it's not much but at least it's something.

DavidMcG, on 29 Jul 2015 - 16:52, said:

Apologies what questions did you ask that i didnt answer?

Voting me because I voted for turbo is pretty naff in itself. At least I have outlined why I have voted for Turbo. It's first day so there is never alot to go on and he defended his inactivity with 3 clearly rubbish statements as highlighted above. Maybe it's not much but at least it's something.

Ludo *1, on 28 Jul 2015 - 23:12, said:

As Onions points out, you seemed quite happy to cast judgement before the game had 'started'.

Different case when I pick up on things you had said though, why is this?

Ludo *1, on 29 Jul 2015 - 12:52, said:

DavidMcG seems very keen to paint me as the mafia at every available opportunity. Desperate David? And you've still not answered my question from yesterday.

It seems that it's only when I voted for you that you even bother to acknowledge the question, whereas earlier you seemed very happy to let it slide despite me mentioning it more than once.

I think Turbo highlighting the profile cheat in a casual way might suggest mafia. Sounds like what he's really trying to do is bring it up so that it can be banned without sounding like he is worried

For the record guys, my mucked up quotes aren't me having trouble with the quote function, just my work's browser doesn't fully work with P&B - sorry if it's an annoyance!

Archived