Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

Who are you trying to say is mafia here? You seem to imply Ludo but at the end of your post you say Bonksy and Airdrie Onions (L4L)? A simple typo or a slip up?

I took it that he was saying that AirdrieOnions and Bonksy were mafia.

The problem I have with the comments on the Ludo/AO/Bonksy/etc. interaction is that the initial elements of this discussion started pre-game. Therefore, we don't even know who out of them even knew what their roles were at that time. It therefore may be wrong to try and base opinions on those sections.

Personally, I would therefore take that element of the discussion with a huge pinch of salt and I am more likely to look at what happened after the game actually started. In particular, people who wanted to press the suspicions against these people, based mainly on those initial interactions.

So who do we have that fits the bill, DavidMcG & Gingersaint.

Interesting enough, the moment GS posted about it, DavidMcG was one of the first to respond, mentioning that he is confused by what GS is saying when to me it seemed pretty clear. Is this an attempt to show they don't know what each other are thinking and aren't on the same team? In addition it will again re-iterate a belief that Bonksy & Airdrie are mafia in the thread.

In all honesty however, I don't really think these guys had much else to go on so I can understand the reason for looking at that initial discourse and why it may raise their own suspicions because it is after all still more than possible they did know their roles.

Either way, it has raised my suspicions and I will likely be watching them closely as the game progresses. For this round however, unless something fundamentally changes I am still likely to go after someone who has tried to stay out of the overall discussions etc. or at least someone who appears reticent in getting involved. Of course, I am going to wait until the early evening before making that call as several people probably still haven't even read the thread yet.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonksy's generally a difficult one to predict in these games. In the past, regardless of whether he's a civilian or mafia member, he has a rather confrontational style. I wouldn't take his posts too seriously at this stage, but maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

What are everyone's thoughts on potential 'mason' teams? I know our old games tended to have that aspect, but this one might not. There is only 19 players after all so I would guess a mafia team of 3/4 people. If a mason team was present then that would be 6-8 players in teams and with the independent roles factored in, would surely leave too few 'vanilla' civilians. Thoughts? If I'm right then the investigator better have a decent game!

Just had a look and turbo dee is the only one yet to post anything #lurker

eta - last active: private <_<

I start work at 6am and only get a 20 minute break before I finish this afternoon so I've been catching up with the thread, and finding out my role. Unable to skive like you lot! :P

Who are you trying to say is mafia here? You seem to imply Ludo but at the end of your post you say Bonksy and Airdrie Onions (L4L)? A simple typo or a slip up?

Like AK said it was pretty clear. When I posted I actually thought I would be questioned for defending Ludo somewhat. I also don't think any of what I posted is near solid or true but it was the only significant exchange of the game so far that I felt it was necessary to dissect.

Oh and L4L is Airdrie Onions but that is difficult to repeatedly type on a phone.

Order of Operations:

Night actions will be resolved immediately after deadline in the order listed below.

Blocking/jailkeeping

Redirecting/randomizing

Protecting

Miscellaneous

Killing

Investigating/tracking/watching

Thought this was interesting. Could be a Jailor role where they select someone each night to "jail" and get to interact with for a day whilst also blocking their role. "Tracking/watching" also suggests roles where you can see who visited a player or who they visited. All are roles I've seen in other Mafia games, FWIW.

Airdrie fans used to get annoyed because people would misspell their name as Airdrieonions so I thought I would make my name that to annoy them.

Don't think it has ever bothered me if I'm being honest.

gy diamond to win!

:wub:

I don't think we should discard anything in the game before it officially started, I already had my role so would assume most others would of by that point as well.

My bad, just re-read it. I read the line "Ludo is also an experienced player so a good Mafia tactic would be to get rid of the better players" as you suggesting Ludo was mafia and he wanted rid of the better players.

Surely that's what everyone would be wanting if they were mafia?

DavidMcG seems very keen to paint me as the mafia at every available opportunity. Desperate David? And you've still not answered my question from yesterday.

I don't even know where to start here :lol:

g2g and Ludo having a cock waving contest should be no surprise to no one tbh. Pretty typical day one so far.

^^^ Kyle's first post since Thingyman officially announced that the game had begun.

An uninteresting first post, but is it really that uninteresting?

The post reiterates what has already happened in the thread, but adds nothing else to the debate. He hasn't expressed any sort of personal opinion. Could this be a way for Kyle to seem 'active' whilst not attracting any negative attention towards himself at this early stage?

Moderator note

The rules state that you are not allowed to edit your posts, but seeing as several people are doing this, I'm assuming that you're used to being allowed to do this. If that's the case, then just carry on and forget the rule, I'd rather not impose new unfamiliar rules on you.

Yeah, I'd be happy enough with no edits. Apologies for the earlier one. I am a renowned 'Master of Arts', possessing a Joint Honours degree in English & Creative Writing, so I occasionally edit my posts to alter any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. However, I'll just take more care when making my posts in future.

Archived