Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the mafia have an investigator? Airdrie Onions knew my role after the first deadline and was why I was hesitant to believe David was the investigator.

I did. My role was a kill, an investigation and a save. I had to use all three before I could use one a second time.

We had effectively won the game on Friday as, long with the Mafia lynch, I was able to use another kill which was a 'guaranteed' kill. At worst, we would've had 3 out of 6 at the end of play this evening as long as I survived the village lynch, hence why I've been quiet over the weekend.

All joking aside, the other 3 dragged me through this game. I was reeking of Mafia from day 1.

Turbo_dee (Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1)

CountyFan (Town Tracker, Killed Night 1)

Bonksy+HisChristianParade (Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1)

GingerSaint (Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2)

DavidMcG (Town Investigator, Killed Night 2)

Ludo *1 (Town Bodyguard, Killed Night 2)

lichtgilphead (Town Lover, Killed Night 2)

number one wasp (Town Lover, Killed Night 2)

MarkoRaj (Terrorist, Lynched Day 3 - but crowned Winner due to mod mistake)

The Real Saints (Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 3)

DarkBlue62 (Town Monitor, Lynched Day 4)

Alive at endgame

Airdrie Onions (Mafia Suicide Bomber)

ArmadaleKillie (Mafia Roleblocker w/ 1-time Rolestripping power)

Kyle (Mafia Jack of all Trades)

Sooky (Mafia Voyeur)

Wilkinson1998 (Vanilla Townie)

diamonds2002 (Vanilla Townie)

gy diamond (Vanilla Townie)

Mr. Brightside (Vanilla Townie)

Here's the mafia PM, in case you're curious about the specifics of some of those roles:

lots%2527s.jpg

Hi Kyle, you are Chuckles the Clown (Mafia Jack of all Trades). You're a clown, so you naturally have a lot of tricks up your sleeves. You may rotate between using one of these 3 powers each night: A cop check (you will be informed of said person's full role), a protect (you can protect anyone on your team from being killed that night) and strongman vigilante kill (you can have a guaranteed kill on someone of your choice that night). Note that you need to have used all 3 powers once before you can use one of the powers for a second time.

wpid-hamm.jpg

Hi ArmadaleKillie, you are Hamm (Mafia Roleblocker w/ 1-time Role Stripping Power). You're Hamm, so you can go ham at people - and nobody can do anything when faced with your ham. Each night you may roleblock someone and that player will be prevented from being able to use their potential night action. In addition, you have a ONE-TIME ability to completely strip someone of their power. Note that this also takes place during "night" and that you cannot use a roleblock on top of this that same night.

char_12879.jpg

Hi Airdrie Onions, you are Stinky Pete (Mafia Suicide Bomber). You're angry. So, so angry. And you want to take it out on other toys to make them feel the way that you do. Once during the game, you can choose to suicide bomb yourself along with another player by posting the following in the thread: Suicide bomb <insert player name>. You and the targeted player will then both instantly die. This can also be used at :00 right before the deadline.

char_13232.jpg

Hi Sooky you are Big Baby (Mafia Voyeur). You are very quiet, and you don't speak at all. But you watch. You watch carefully. Each night you may use your voyeur ability on a player, and you will then be informed of what actions were performed on that target that same night (but you will not learn WHO performed those actions).

You guys are the mafia team. You win by eliminating all non-mafia or when that outcome is certain. You would also win in a parity situation, where it's 1 mafia and 1 town alive after night, for example.

You can all find the game thread here: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/224675-toy-story-mafia-game-thread/

I did. My role was a kill, an investigation and a save. I had to use all three before I could use one a second time.

We had effectively won the game on Friday as, long with the Mafia lynch, I was able to use another kill which was a 'guaranteed' kill. At worst, we would've had 3 out of 6 at the end of play this evening as long as I survived the village lynch, hence why I've been quiet over the weekend.

All joking aside, the other 3 dragged me through this game. I was reeking of Mafia from day 1.

When it was revealed that Ludo and David were village (as well as Turbo), I had a strong suspicion you were mafia. There was no way you knew all three were innocent the night Turbo got lynched.

When it was revealed that Ludo and David were village (as well as Turbo), I had a strong suspicion you were mafia. There was no way you knew all three were innocent the night Turbo got lynched.

Indeed. I dived in baws deep and nearly paid for it.

Mafia a bit OP for my liking.

Haha, it's funny. I asked for 3 experienced setup designers' input on this setup, and they all agreed that they would prefer being a townie in this setup. I figured that was fine, since you guys were probably a bit rusty, so it would balance out. The mafia team certainly has powers, but having 6 townie power roles and several of those having investigative powers in a 19-man setup is also quite powerful, I think :)

Mafia a bit OP for my liking.

See I actually thought compared to most of the games I played that were run by forehead the mafia wasn't as strong which I preferred as I always thought things like the Mastermind were a pain in the arse for the town to get by.

It compares favorably, I think you're an awesome bunch :)

Funnily enough, I don't think any of our best players played at the top of their game. Was our good fortune that only really TRS managed to correctly identify so many of us whilst being alive.

Also, I think this is really impressive and deserves a shoutout:

DarkBlue62 targeted three investigative roles in a row: CountyFan (Tracker) > DavidMcG (Investigator) > Sooky (Voyeur).

Didn't help much! :unsure:

Have the Mafia ever had an easier ride tho?! Villagers ganging up on each other almost immediately and they just had to sit back and not make any mistakes. Definitely a case of the Village contributing to our own downfall.

Great fun tho, thanks Thingy.

I agree with GS that the Mafia were a bit OP for my liking. Game could have turned out differently as I used my 'save' on DavidMcG the night they took us both out but apparently they had one kill that bypassed all other attempts to save a player. I didn't complain because other than that - Thingyman ran a great game and brought a few new things to the mix.

I'm a little bit embarrassed by my own personal performance and the performance of the village side as a whole particularly when this would have been Thingyman's first real hands on experience with us playing the game.

Mafia done really well but weren't made to work for their win I felt - another reason why I couldn't complain about the Mafia being slightly OP.

Archived