Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the early discourse here.

Personally quiet ppl make me suspect and they always has in mafia games. But the problem here is we have so many "experts" that so many of the tactics are known and played against ppl.

Always think it's a good idea to be suspicious of those who are on p&b but don't post

Been logged on, but trying to work out possibilities for train journey to Tynecastle on Thursday - you going?

Anyway, "breadcrumbing"?

This thingyman boy needs to get his act together. What kind of online mafia game expert and enthusiast leaves so many questions unanswered for so long? I've been bitterly disappointed thus far.

Thingyman, in case you didn't get his 'sense of humour' I'm assuming he is joking?

DavidMcG, on 28 Jul 2015 - 22:16, said:

Who was it that was famous for going back through the thread and digging up loads of old evidence to prevent their case? Was that Ludo? Or maybe Nocturnal Groove?

DavidMcG, on 28 Jul 2015 - 22:31, said:

Ludos suspicions! That was it! You used to crack them out sometimes when you were mafia to deflect attention

Having a quick check over the past two pages, think these posts are more interesting than one would first think.

Your first post notes that I'd 'dig up loads of old evidence'. Your second post subtly puts into people's heads that if at any point, I go back all over the thread and dredge up a convincing case that I'm not to be trusted as you state that I used to do it when I was 'mafia to deflect attention'.

Then, as soon as you find the first opportunity to comment on myself and Bonksy's exchange you state:

Could be the classic "on same team, pretend to have an argument so that one definitely appears innocent" technique.

Now, old players know you're quite the technician, so it's not that far fetched to say this could possibly be the case, afterall, it'd be quite the coup for a mafia member to get rid of one of the more outspoken players right off the bat whilst allowing the quiet one's to just trundle by without a suspicion one way or the other.

Loving the early discourse here.

Personally quiet ppl make me suspect and they always has in mafia games. But the problem here is we have so many "experts" that so many of the tactics are known and played against ppl.

There was one game where one of the mafia members only posted once a day to vote and never said anything else. Think they lasted over a week using that tactic while everyone else voted each other off.

DavidMcG, on 28 Jul 2015 - 22:43, said:

Interesting opening exchange between Ludo and Bonksy. Could be the classic "on same team, pretend to have an argument so that one definitely appears innocent" technique.

Airdrie Onions, on 28 Jul 2015 - 22:45, said:

Although it was before the game "technically" started

As Onions points out, you seemed quite happy to cast judgement before the game had 'started'.

DavidMcG, on 28 Jul 2015 - 23:07, said:

Quite the technician! Not sure if that is a compliment or not.

Not sure what you are accusing me of here? Planting seeds in peoples head?You are utterly paranoid, not to mention that was before game started.

Different case when I pick up on things you had said though, why is this?

There was one game where one of the mafia members only posted once a day to vote and never said anything else. Think they lasted over a week using that tactic while everyone else voted each other off.

Yup being quiet means a reduced evidence trail so it is mafia trick without doubt.

Whilst ludo etc. are out there being loud and aggressive in style does at least promote discussion which is what some mafia don't want as this means there is more chance of them tripping up on a lie.

Sure am, getting the car through early to have a few drinks in the capital.

I'm working in Helensburgh in the afternoon, but last train back to there leaves before extra time/pens finish. Probably dump car at Partick & train it from there.

I see Armadale is doing the "lets kill off the quiet ones" idea. Gotta say I agree.

Hi guys. On my phone right now, so that's why I'm not posting prolifically at the moment. I actually somewhat agree with Bonksy's earlier post about Ludo. It felt like an attempt to appear passive whilst simultaneously trying to put suspicions in Lichtie's head. Nothing else is really standing out for me at this moment time.

Archived