David Cameron - No need for another referendum

Fide

I still agree with the "material change" argument

I reckon that just for a laugh, about 2018, Sturgeon (if she wins next year) should announce that all Holyrood chairs are to be re-upholstered. And that this constitutes a material change.

After all, she can announce what she likes. Cameron has said he will block it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think any Indyref 2 in the next 5 years would be a huge mistake.

Yup. I'm still of the opinion that anyone who wants one that soon is a lunatic who is just begging for the Yes vote to go down the drain for our lifetimes.

Yup. I'm still of the opinion that anyone who wants one that soon is a lunatic who is just begging for the Yes vote to go down the drain for our lifetimes.

Not to mention it would put Sturgeon in a position where she'll be forced to resign in the event of a No. She's going to wait at least till the middle or end of the next decade before calling another referendum.

Ah right. So mention of future elections.

Glad that has been cleared up

As FIDE posted the results for the GE just past then that is why the comment was relevant.

Given recent SNP manifestos I suspect the same line will prevail again - a vote for the SNP is not a vote for independence etc etc.

I still agree with the "material change" argument, but for me that could only Scotland being removed from the EU against it's will, none of this pish about The Vow.

So there's nothing wrong with the Scotland Bill giving us practically f**k all after Dishface said this?

CK_buyEXAAAD--W.jpg

So there's nothing wrong with the Scotland Bill giving us practically f**k all after Dishface said this?

CK_buyEXAAAD--W.jpg

Of course there is, but is it grounds for referendum than, in my opinion, would be self defeating for the independence movement?

I can't read the link here,but from the title, I saw "glasgow uni" and my Law Squad klaxon went off.

Can you c&p the text? I do enjoy a bit of craven north british seethe!

Don't waste your time.

SNP won 56 seats because everyone who voted for them thought it was the next way to get independence.

He/she, and I quote, "don't agreed" in respect to EVEL

No one trusts the SNP

SNP bad

SNP bad

Something about Tories centre right, and a failure in Scotland too

If you want to still read it I will c&p when home if Enrico or someone else hadn't before hand

Its fantastic listening to these red bearded slavering nationalists begging for another chance to get utterly thrashed. No, no no.

Calm down.

Sincerely, a red bearded, nationalist looking for a rational discussion.

Don't waste your time.

SNP won 56 seats because everyone who voted for them thought it was the next way to get independence.

He/she, and I quote, "don't agreed" in respect to EVEL

No one trusts the SNP

SNP bad

SNP bad

Something about Tories centre right, and a failure in Scotland too

If you want to still read it I will c&p when home if Enrico or someone else hadn't before hand

Love that summary, that'll do nicely! :lol:

Maybe he isn't so confident about the result next time

He took a huge gamble and won, it will be the responsibility of his predecessor to put their neck on the line next time around (whenever that is) You can't blame Cameron for wanting to leave this particular table and cash his chips in, every other politician would do exactly the same.

Anyone know the legitimacy of this graphic? If it's accurate then I say we give it 10-15 years then vote our way to a better country.

Based on an University of Edinburgh study into voting behaviours, used YouGov as a pollster and had a sample size of something like 4000 folk. It's only one part of a larger study but yes, it's legitimate in so far as the limitations of polling allows.

Based on an University of Edinburgh study into voting behaviours, used YouGov as a pollster and had a sample size of something like 4000 folk. It's only one part of a larger study but yes, it's legitimate in so far as the limitations of polling allows.

Cheers.

Anyone know the legitimacy of this graphic? If it's accurate then I say we give it 10-15 years then vote our way to a better country.

Strange to see such a disparity between 16 - 17 year olds and 18 - 24 year olds?

Can't think as to why that is, exactly - are there more non-Scottish nationals in the 18-24 group than other groups? That age strikes me as being a "studenty" age - can picture a fair few English students in that group being asked for the survey, who in all likelihood are hardline No voters...

Don't you just LOVE those cuddly pensioners?

Archived