Kilsyth Rangers Season 15/16

KilsythCoyle

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilsyth Ranger nailed it re finances. We cant compete when lads are asking for £100+ a week to play Junior football. We have a budget and need to stick to it.

Hopefully the facilities we have and the magnificent playing surface could attract a few decent signings for next season, but as euzi says we live in an era now where players ask for stupid money to play junior football, and you can see what has happened to other clubs that went down that road, one of the bigger clubs is in our league now after being relegated

I don't know if your already at a club or not, only asking as think thats where you were maybe going next.

Sounds like the club live within it's means and that possibly reflects the level of players brought/playing at the club??

Blantyre Victoria

Clydebank

Cumbernauld United

Girvan

Irvine Meadow

Irvine Victoria

Kilsyth Rangers

Maryhill

Petershill

Renfrew

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shettleston

Shotts Bon Accord

Yoker Athletic

Not a lot of journeys to Ayrshire in the coming season. Means not having to pay out for buses.

Pre-season starts Saturday 25th June.

Friendlies arranged as follows:

Saturday 16th July home v Armadale

Wednesday 20th July away v Arthurlie

Saturday 23rd July home v Linlithgow

Wednesday 27th July to be confirmed

Saturday 30th July home v Hurlford

whats the chances of Spade signing for us next season?? He's no longer going to be with Lithgy Rose and he's a local lad. Heard a few wee murmurs he could end up at us?? Saying that, we've heard this the last few seasons lol 😂😂

It's the same most seasons, we've always got the core of a good team, but we lack the financial clout of others team's to get a couple of special players in to make all the difference, this isn't a slight on the committee, u can only cut with the cloth uve got! To be fair to hoggy /Kev we started off with 5 straight league wins, then the wheels came off, they where let down by a few players, tiny Stewart not wanting to stay n fight for a starting place,Hepburn wanting to go back to play with his pal's at rossvale, mclaren an andreoni pair of rascals got hunted, Easton sent of twice lost interest dissappeard,although to his credit came back an helped at end of season, also nicky prentice who I really like didn't have as good a season as last ?

We're needing more attacking options I feel for one, a left back, (although Kev did well) like to c him coaching more, an someone wide who can take people on, an a more physical presence up front i'm not a Paul mcbride hater like some on here but just felt sometimes needed someone to put themselves about more,I'm not unhappy hoggy /Kev are getting another go at it,but think they'll need to hit the ground running.

Sounds like things haven't really moved on then since Eric Sinclair left.!?

Financial constraints yes--as with 95% of juniors but great park with great width and wrong tactics from what I hear too.

Same players seem to be the backbone-Doyle Reid Kelly Barclay but need big striker to play alongside joe and a wide guy who can stretch defenders and hit the bye line.

Not a regular visitor to Kilsyth tbh these days but problems sound very familiar.

That n bad luck with players moving on mid season.

Hopefully with a change of luck and a couple of "flair players" maybe challenge for super league spot this year.

Archived