Kilsyth Rangers Season 15/16

KilsythCoyle

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? You last posted in Feb....must think he's logged in as cricketbaws

Or possibly as Clinical No9. Either way, pretty strange to have extra usernames just to come on and criticise the team 😵💩

This season we have had some disappointments but lots of good matches too and I think we've played some really good football too for most of it! Some of our best games have been away from home, maybe some of these 4 games a season types would have a different opinion if they'd been at those games.

Last season we did have 'deadwood' but this year Hogg learned and brought in young players with energy who've improved over season. Losing players mid season knocked us back but we recovered and comfortably stayed up unlike last two or three years. Do need two or three key signings to do that again or improve next season though, plus hang onto important players like Joe, Nicky and Andy.

Our No 9 has scored some important goals and I think it's more the season before that has made some folk write him off and only see the bad. He links play well and is a good combination with Joe.

Oh, and naming and slagging off other fans, esp. committee who've put years into the club is real keyboard warrior stuff, to be ignored.

Why would it not be?? Some of the guys tactics (or lack of) were a disgrace last season. Not to mention some of the substitutions at times?? Stability is what we will get having Hoggy remaining at the Helm.

Let's hope he's learnt from last year and brings a couple of decent lads in!!

My ambitions for the club are to see them push for promotion, playing a more attractive game. I'm sure most regular supporters of the club would look to similar ambition!!

I don't think that's a lot to ask for??

Sometimes I watch my team and I wonder what the tactics actually are??

Width: non existent at times (too narrow and deep)

Attack: High ball into the smallest man on the pitch (fantastic wee striker in Joe, high ball a no no)

Defence: Bullit a class act, but needs a steadier partner in the middle with him. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just clear their lines or hit an old fashioned boot out the pitch to reorganise!!

As for taking the team, Lithgy BH, how do you know that I don't already take a team 😂😂😂

It's the same most seasons, we've always got the core of a good team, but we lack the financial clout of others team's to get a couple of special players in to make all the difference, this isn't a slight on the committee, u can only cut with the cloth uve got! To be fair to hoggy /Kev we started off with 5 straight league wins, then the wheels came off, they where let down by a few players, tiny Stewart not wanting to stay n fight for a starting place,Hepburn wanting to go back to play with his pal's at rossvale, mclaren an andreoni pair of rascals got hunted, Easton sent of twice lost interest dissappeard,although to his credit came back an helped at end of season, also nicky prentice who I really like didn't have as good a season as last ?

We're needing more attacking options I feel for one, a left back, (although Kev did well) like to c him coaching more, an someone wide who can take people on, an a more physical presence up front i'm not a Paul mcbride hater like some on here but just felt sometimes needed someone to put themselves about more,I'm not unhappy hoggy /Kev are getting another go at it,but think they'll need to hit the ground running.

Archived