Queen's Park v Forfar athletic

Bogs_Dollox

as the home team, there's more of an onus on us to win tomorrow as opposed to last week's "not to lose" approach (which unfortunately was matched by our opponents thereby creating a form of "handbags" football......dire barely described it), so hopefully we'll see a more aggressive formation which will provide Carter with some meaningful support

in Gus we...........................err...........................keep fingers crossed for

Have you guys got any well known players in your squad ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Decent first half from Forfar, Queens Park have been dreadful though. Do not like Campbell and Denholm down the left.

How so? Would've thought that Denholm would on the right and Swankie left?

How so? Would've thought that Denholm would on the right and Swankie left?

Foxy was on the right, Denholm on the left. Swankie upfront. To be fair to Denholm he was a bit better in the second half, but I must admit I'm just not a fan of his. For a winger he doesn't possess any real acceleration and not much in the way of skill. He does a job but I've never been too impressed. Campbell is just too slow. He looks like this is a season too far for him. I would have Travis or Kennedy ahead of him (Kennedy impressed me at the end of last season).

Foxy was on the right, Denholm on the left. Swankie upfront. To be fair to Denholm he was a bit better in the second half, but I must admit I'm just not a fan of his. For a winger he doesn't possess any real acceleration and not much in the way of skill. He does a job but I've never been too impressed. Campbell is just too slow. He looks like this is a season too far for him. I would have Travis or Kennedy ahead of him (Kennedy impressed me at the end of last season).

Agree about Iain Campbell - I thought the defence, big Rab included, all played very well but Campbell slowed everything down, took too many touches and had a tendency to whack it away whenever an opposition player came into his field of vision.

Forfar Athletic deserved the win, make no mistake. Their first goal was a cracker, some lovely play to set up Derek Young for the shot. Queen's Park fans might have been griping about the penalty but it looked like Bryan Warton shoved the boy in the back. Decent stop from Wullie Muir but Danny Denholm reacted faster than anyone else.

QP looked better after making a change in the second half - I think it was when Cammy Marlow came on - but other than a header at one point, they never once looked like scoring. The badly need a striker. What's big Chris Duggan up to just now?

QP looked better after making a change in the second half - I think it was when Cammy Marlow came on - but other than a header at one point, they never once looked like scoring. The badly need a striker. What's big Chris Duggan up to just now?

That's the worry. I'm a fan of John Carter due to his huge work rate, but I don't think he's going to be a prolific scorer. If the game against Edinburgh City from last week was still going on, we still wouldn't have scored by now. I suspect we might see the loan market being used again for a striker. Gus did well with Brophy and Duggan, less so with Jordan Moore. It's very, very early days, but it's glaringly obvious that we're going to have a problem scoring goals if we don't bring someone in.

*Some* positives if you look hard enough but... Faaaking hell, that was pretty grim. No shame in getting beat off a team from a higher division but we made it pretty damn easy.

Was sitting in front of Annan scouts for most of the game. No major surprise that McVey is in the book with a wee smiley face in the margin.

we all know that Connor's not a right back and is filling in for that role, so worrying that there were several players worse than him today - McLeish came with a good reputation, but his performance today was woeful.................four consecutive passes (three of them basic) that went straight out of play, and little sense of urgency - being hooked at half time won't have helped his confidence any either

Archived