iPhone 6 - Network Problem

Loki

I have been with Tesco for just under a year and they use O2 as their carrier network. In and around Dingwall I struggle to get any decent signal. At my flat my signal drifts in and out of reception constantly, but out and about cellular network is fine. However any kind of data transmission (emails, whatsapp messages, emails) takes forever to load and is practically non existent until you hit a Wifi connection.

The iPhone 6 locks to the network of the first sim card. Are they any way of unlocking it so it takes all SIM cards, or if I do get it unlocked, would it lock to the next SIM card?

Contract wise I still have more than a year ago, and I am not in a position to buy out my contract. Although it annoys me quite a bit, I am not that annoyed to pay for two contracts a month either.

Now if I was to get it unlocked and it could take two different sim cards, anyone know my chances of changing my current number to a Pay as you go Sim on EE or 3? As their 3G coverage is superior to anything on my current contract. I suspect this will be a resounding no chance.

TL;DR

Can iPhone 6 be unlocked to take two different sims?

Will a network release your number to a different company while still in contract?

Archived