Criminal links

I worked with Donald Mackenzie, the banker who defrauded RBS for £21m. I think it is the largest fraud case ever in Scotland. Don't know if they ever found all the cash so he is probably sunning himself somewhere exotic now.

Does the surname Murray ring a bell?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy I knew was working in a hostel doing nights and was watching crime watch while on shift and spotted a guy who was a filthy paedo who he recognised was a dodgey guest at said hostel. He then contacted the authorities and the beast was arrested forthwith

I met Jimmy Boyle some years ago in the Grassmarket. (Edinburgh) Seemed like a nice bloke.

I nearly ran him down one day. He threw open the door of his Rolls Royce and just got out of it right in front of me forcing me to swerve my motor into the other lane.

i was going to go back and stick one on him but I was running late for my embroidery class.

A guy I used to work with in 1991 forgot to tell our company that he could not travel to Germany when we won a contract out there,he made all sorts of excuses about not being a very good flier and that he would rather get the boat across and drive from Calais (less passport checking I think)the plan was going ok for him until on his first night in Dusseldorf goes on the drink,gets into a bit of a scuffle,police come do their checks and he gets horsed right back to the UK on a flight....turns out he was a known terrorist with links to the UVF or whatever paramilitary group...turns out he was a right bad bassa

Guy I joined the Navy with was found guilty of being a beast. I went for a drink with him once (before he was confirmed as a beast of course). I was only 17 as well. :(

When I was on the HMS Illustrious, there was a Chief Petty Officer lifted for being an alleged accomplice of a serial killer. Another officer was cleared of killing his wife.

Knew of a couple of lads on other ships that were done for drug dealing. They weren't very good at it.

All that aside, I worked with a nice bunch of lads.

Paul Ferris once bought my girlfriend a drink.

My mother-in-law taught Paul Ferris and says that he was a quiet boy who made a lovely shepherd in the school nativity play.

Went to school with the guy arrested for terrorism offences in Alva.

Went to primary / high school with a guy who's currently been charged with murdering his mum and hiding the body under her caravan around Aberdour. Trial later this year but just reeks of going down for it.

Archived