Criminal links

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both (mostly Greenock. Sadly)

When I lived there I think just about everyone I knew was friends with someone who could get access to almost any drug you cared to consider. Probably a few who could get yellow bentines, triple sod or clarkey cat. I assumed that when the shipyards closed, drug dealing became Inverclydes main source of employment behind T-Mobile and TSC.

When I lived there I think just about everyone I knew was friends with someone who could get access to almost any drug you cared to consider. Probably a few who could get yellow bentines, triple sod or clarkey cat. I assumed that when the shipyards closed, drug dealing became Inverclydes main source of employment behind T-Mobile and TSC.

I did find it weird when I moved to Glasgow, and even London, how much more difficult it is to get drugs and folk talking about how scarce certain types of drugs were. Cheaper in Greenock as well. f**k knows what it was cut with.

My brother-in-law started a jewellery making business in Panama with seed money from his father, Frank in the 70s. Frank was Sicilian , owned the Panamanian equivalent of BT and was strongly rumoured to be "connected". Anyway, my brother-in-law started his business making high end jewellery and was doing quite well. So well in fact he decided to take a gamble and relocate to an island called Contadora, home to millionaires, billionaires and the like - a great place to sell luxury goods. Anyway, he spent every penny on the new outlet and business was good until, two months after opening, the Shah of Iran arrived on the island having fled the Iranian Revolution. Suddenly there were guys wandering around with machine guns and armoured cars patrolling the streets. Overnight, business dried up as all the rich folk left the island. My brother-in-law was facing ruin and had to explain to his father why he couldn't keep up the repayments. A week later, a guy walked into the store and said "My employer has heard of your situation and feels he has played a part in it. In recompense, he would like to purchase all of your stock". He wrote out a six figure cheque there and then.

There's "connected" and there's "connected enough to put the squeeze on fugitive heads of state" :lol:

My Mother always used to say that we were related to the last person hanged in Scotland for sheep stealing. Not found any proof of that.

Fairly sure that kind of fable might have been a running joke with a certain generation. My dad was always told that his great grandfather was deported from Ireland for sheep rustling when he asked about family tree. And, again, no evidence can be found.

I can 100% guarantee that every single poster on here knows a drug dealer, whether they know that the person is a drug dealer, is inconsequential.

It's the David law.

As for me? Absolutely no comment.

Ran a pub in South Manchester for a few years, got to know several of the local mobs, Maguires, Noonans, Brodericks, etc. However in the hairdressers across the road was a gay guy who did my wife's hair and was a good friend of my daughter. He drank in the pub regularly and was a riot, as camp as can be and a laugh a minute. His arrest a few years back for molesting young boys he babysat was a shock, especially as the mother of one of those victims was another regular who was often in the pub with the beast.

I'm friends with a few drug dealers which is handy.

And also friends with a few coppers.

I tend to not mix those two for social gatherings.

For a few years in the mid-90s, I stayed in a small rural village. At the local golf club it wasn't unknown for the village bobby and the village drug dealer to be drawn in the same three-ball for the Sunday medal. The (now ex) village bobby may be known to some on here, having previously played professional football for a club I'm not particularly fond of.

A few years back, a guy I worked with befriended a guy that gave him a cigarette at a bus stop, the guy told us he was due in court for assault, fair enough we thought, we all went out for a pint, a week later we were sitting in my mates flat, they went out for ciggies and I was on my own, a brick got launched through the window, just missing me. My mate got a new flat a month later, then the same thing happened again, we didn't see the guy for about a month after that. I picked up the paper a few days later, and this guy was in it. Not in court for assault, but for fiddling with young girls. Hence the window breaking incidents. I was fucking shitting myself in case anyone attacked me after they had seen me hanging about with this guy. If my mate and I had known, we would have never even had spoken to the disgusting p***k.

Archived