Selkirk

SBKD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Ref at the Gala game was torture today, never seen such an attention seeking individual! Both teams will have plenty to complain about and he totally overshadowed a good game for all the wrong reasons!
Aye the ref at the bsc v selkirk match wasn't pretty poor as well
Sorry was pretty poor as well
Sorry lads the old cliché no Refs = no fitba despite some dodgy ones around the LL.

I may be slightly biased, but I thought BSC did enough to win. We went down to 10 men after 55 mins, but probably had the better chances to win the game.

Fair enough.

Seems like Selkirk have improved from last season though.

Folk saying they need experience, they have struggled to get players at times due to promises made and not kept.

Willie u don't really have a clue !! As far as getting players, when I played first league game we were leaving out players from the match day squad. We have got a good bunch of young lads willing to do mine and o'connor's running haha. All I can say is Stevie is doing good job and long may it continue!!

A meant last season. Paul Doig had to play up front?

It's no relevant now though is it?

Be interesting to see how it pans out though- by all accounts a lot of folk promised the earth if they sign for selkirk and get very little ( or at least what they're due) in return.

If chances were goals.... Selkirk 5 Spartans 12

But in reality...Selkirk 3 Spartans 2.

They went in 0-0 after Spartans tried their best to miss the net, shot straight at the keeper and basically let a struggling Selkirk team off the hook. Whatever Mr Forrest said at half time certainly worked, and although Spartans did quickly get what had seemed like an inevitable goal, Selkirk had already started showing some composure. They quickly equalised, went 2-1 up (a Phil Addison brace) and then it was a tense 20 minutes or so until the endgame. Tempers began to fray in the Spartans dugout and the stress seemed to spread to their players. Even though they snatched an equaliser in the dying minutes and looked on course for maybe even shattering Selkirk's unbeaten record, it was Garry O'Connor who ensured that an unlikely 3 points went to the Yarrow Park men. Having said all of that, it shows that if a team can keep their heids, they can end up getting a result against the initial run of play.

Mr O'Grady's film will be very illuminating, just hope he got the winning goal and celebrations...

I'd have felt hard done by had it been a draw, to say I'm totally gutted that we lost is an understatement.

Like Mancini says the film not only illuminating, it'll be more like an whodunit?

Will try & sort tge highlights out tomorrow.

Grimbo

They went in 0-0 after Spartans tried their best to miss the net, shot straight at the keeper and basically let a struggling Selkirk team off the hook. Whatever Mr Forrest said at half time certainly worked, and although Spartans did quickly get what had seemed like an inevitable goal, Selkirk had already started showing some composure. They quickly equalised, went 2-1 up (a Phil Addison brace) and then it was a tense 20 minutes or so until the endgame. Tempers began to fray in the Spartans dugout and the stress seemed to spread to their players. Even though they snatched an equaliser in the dying minutes and looked on course for maybe even shattering Selkirk's unbeaten record, it was Garry O'Connor who ensured that an unlikely 3 points went to the Yarrow Park men. Having said all of that, it shows that if a team can keep their heids, they can end up getting a result against the initial run of play.

Mr O'Grady's film will be very illuminating, just hope he got the winning goal and celebrations...

Hope you've been keeping well mancini haven't seen you on p&b in a while.

I'd have felt hard done by had it been a draw, to say I'm totally gutted that we lost is an understatement.

Like Mancini says the film not only illuminating, it'll be more like an whodunit?

Will try & sort tge highlights out tomorrow.

Grimbo

Bet our result cheered you up tho.

See ye Saturday the 3 points could be crucial in the battle to stay in the LL :D

What was script wi Spartans dugout ?

Addison been a standout for years at Selkirk and if LL had select team he'd be in my team ;)

What was script wi Spartans dugout ? Addison been a standout for years at Selkirk and if LL had select team he'd be in my team ;)

Nothing massive, just didn't like the way the match was going, began to panic a bit, and seemed to think it had something to do with the ref, rather than them missing umpteen chances earlier. Yes, Addison does seem to be very reliable, with some genuine ability, and it's a credit to him that he has stuck by Selkirk. A couple more decent players, or present players playing at their best would see Selkirk having a good season, on the second half display, at least. O'Connor is quite an inspiration at this level - at one point after going 1-0 down he almost scored what would have been a wonder goal by driving through the entire Spartans defence. Although he basically plays as target man to flick on the long balls, he is a hard man to shift without fouling and he has some header in terms of both strength and accuracy. I hope Selkirk get a good, home, draw in the Scottish Cup and the promise of being on the telly again inspires him to great things.

Oh aye Newky, been fine, just not been at any LL games for ages, been following Greenlaw FC in the Borders Ams - handier for where I spend my weekends.

Great result for Selkirk.

Is that the 1st time Selkirk have beat Spartans?

It's the first time they've beaten them in the league for at least 30 years, maybe longer. I'm sure they'll have beaten them in other competitions or in the league before the mid-1980s.

Spotted some footage of O'Connor's winning goal. He goes bananas; the crowd goes bananas; a one-armed man goes bananas...

Archived