James McClean

It would be interesting to see how different this thread would look if McLean played for Celtic.

FWIW I think he's been a complete bellend about it, it's basically about respecting your peers and their beliefs.

I don't turn my back on the priest/minister when I attend weddings or funerals but I still think it's a lot of nonsense that's largely responsible for many of the worlds ills.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be interesting to see how different this thread would look if McLean played for Celtic.

FWIW I think he's been a complete bellend about it, it's basically about respecting your peers and their beliefs.

I don't turn my back on the priest/minister when I attend weddings or funerals but I still think it's a lot of nonsense that's largely responsible for many of the worlds ills.

okqik.jpg

Depending on what age you are, I'd say that's very wise.

Eh, no deflection thanks, your initial statement and my question had absolutely nothing to do with "right or wrongdoing", "Guardiola" or "Cubans", you stated explicitly that the authorities are against any kind of political showing whatsoever. Quite clearly bullshit as there's a massive deal made out of clubs wearing (or opting out of wearing) poppies on their strip. So really, the actual point is that politics in football is fine, as long as it connects with the right wing mainstream media and the mouth breathing imbeciles that follow it, but if it doesn't circulate with them, well it's a damn disgrace and should be outlawed!

This 'situation' shouldn't be a situation at all, it was just a young boy (silently and peacefully) not involving himself in something he didn't agree with, but morons who vote for UKIP and read the Sun or the Mail have decided that unless you #respect "are brave boiz fightin 4 are freedums" then you're a 'scumbag' or a 'bigot' and "shud get out ov are cuntry". All for free speech and freedom, unless it goes against their own bigoted opinions.

Now who's jumping to every conceivable conclusion, about the voting and reading habits of someone asking a question which is bound to be asked by someone who actually matters at some point. Anyone a the game asking about why 'that player is standing differently' might get a history lesson about the subject, which can't possibly be a bad thing. If he turned hs actions around to highlighting awareness of the atrocities committed, i dont think anyone would have a problem. But clearly thats not a road he wants to go down. Perhaps to do with the 'wrongdoing on both sides' bit of the story.

Seeing some stories on Facebook that Kirk Broadfoot has apparently been handed a 10 match ban by the FA for shouting anti-IRA obscenities at McLean during a Rotherham v Wigan match last season. Not sure if there's any truth in them though.

Seeing some stories on Facebook that Kirk Broadfoot has apparently been handed a 10 match ban by the FA for shouting anti-IRA obscenities at McLean during a Rotherham v Wigan match last season. Not sure if there's any truth in them though.

He'll have egg on his face if this is true

- Countries are not defined by their armed forces or monarchs

Tell that to James ;)

Looking back my posts haven't really conveyed the point I was trying to put across well at all.

I'd imagine that's how the puddle drinking lad feels aswell, no sympathies though.

post-38578-14376867055878_thumb.jpg

I seen a picture of the front page of a local Yorkshire newspaper, and if all this is true, it only says he's been charged with shouting sectarian abuse, doesn't mention anything about the IRA.

I am really struggling with the phrase, "anti-IRA obscenities" and really haven't a scooby what it could mean.

The worst I can come up with is the taunt: "Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness allowed their wives and servants to read Lady Chatterley's Lover"

Takes longer to say than to microwave an egg. Don't see it tripping from Oor Kirk's lips.

Always remember him thoroughly spitting the dummy after the 'Well fans slowly singing "Brooooaaaadddfooot" at him incessantly.

Think it started after a foul shy.

Seething, heads gone etc....

Kirk Broadfoot must be the thickest footballer of all time.

Garry Kenneth? Two Scottish internationals :lol:

He's from some Ayrshire village that hasn't seen sunlight since the 1600s. Somehow, him holding these views is not a surprise.

I once heard a rumour Franz Beckenbauer had a tattoo of Kirk Broadfoot on his right shoulder. Immediately assumed it to be true.

Archived