Ipod won't accept new music! :(

I've got an ipod classic and while it appears to sync to my laptop, if I go to the iTunes stores and buy new music it doesn't seem to take it. there's loads of memory space left still..

any top tips - I've tried re-setting the ipod and even renaming it but it's just not having it.

If you don't fancy spending £300 then you can get a 72gb mp3 player with great sound quality (and smaller than a matchbox) for £50 if you buy a Sansa Clip and 64gb micro sd card.

I bought a sansa for my daughter a couple of years ago. it was shit.

eta. But if cheep is what you want, then how about this? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Downloading-Sport-Digital-Music-Player-With-Screen-Mini-Clip-Mp3-Player-with-Radio-FM/32231645083.html

Does it appear to Sync when you drag the music from your library to your ipod, or do you just drop it and nothing happens?

iTunes is the worst. Once my iPod finally dies, which i'll give it it's due - it's been going for about 8 years (iPod touch 1st Gen) i'm definitely moving on to something else.

I bought a sansa for my daughter a couple of years ago. it was shit.

eta. But if cheep is what you want, then how about this? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Downloading-Sport-Digital-Music-Player-With-Screen-Mini-Clip-Mp3-Player-with-Radio-FM/32231645083.html

I've had a couple of Sansa Clips over the last 6/7 years neither of them have been shit.

Previous players were a Zune, Creative Zen Vision M and an iRiver H320 so i've had some good players to compare it to. Would never pay the funny money for fancy mp3 players after using the Clip, audiophile sound for £30!

I've had a couple of Sansa Clips over the last 6/7 years neither of them have been shit.

Previous players were a Zune, Creative Zen Vision M and an iRiver H320 so i've had some good players to compare it to. Would never pay the funny money for fancy mp3 players after using the Clip, audiophile sound for £30!

My current MP3 player is a Sony NWZ S638F and has a solid sound and output being a few years old.

When it comes to MP3 players I find it is the headphones that can either make the player or show it up for the piece of crap it may be. Generic headphones that come with the MP3 player are usually shit at the lower end.

My Sony NWZ S638F MP3 player and my Sony MDR-R1 headphones are the dogs bollocks and make listening to music a pleasure even if they are full cup headsets.

Best IMO to first buy a decent set of headphones first you can attach to many or various devices you own. :)

My current MP3 player is a Sony NWZ S638F and has a solid sound and output being a few years old.

When it comes to MP3 players I find it is the headphones that can either make the player or show it up for the piece of crap it may be. Generic headphones that come with the MP3 player are usually shit at the lower end.

My Sony NWZ S638F MP3 player and my Sony MDR-R1 headphones are the dogs bollocks and make listening to music a pleasure even if they are full cup headsets.

Best IMO to first buy a decent set of headphones first you can attach to many or various devices you own. :)

Absolutely, which is why I own these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B009S334NK

A bit of an audio technica fan boy though, ive got a pair of ad700's for home use too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using my iPod classic for 10 years now in a daily basis and it still works.

Cue it now blowing up in my pocket :S

Likewise. My iPod Classic 160gig is one of my favourite possessions. I only wish Apple would make a bigger one.

Archived