Royal Nazis

Colkitto

Unlike you I know who the real enemy is.

You seem to have this venomous hate of London - London isn't the problem. The real problem is the role of capitalism and how ruling elites have used and abused working people across the centuries.

I fervently abhor nationalism of all kinds - for me it is the tool of ne'er-do-wells to deflect from the real target of people's ire. It's a shame someone like you who clearly is intelligent has fallen for it hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Times.

I have a problem with our political elite, yes. Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, Michael Moore, Michael Forsyth. The authentic and disgusting voices of London, to pick just a few stomach churning examples.

But you keep bringing up nationalism. Lets take nationalism out of it. How did you feel about McCrone when you heard? How did you feel about "vote no and get something better". Either 1979 or 2014. This is about our "own" government lying to us systematically and repeatedly. Did that not annoy you? Did you not feel a tiny bit embarrassed after falling for their lies for the 27 millionth time?

I'm glad you abhor nationalism though. You get a tick for the "...in all forms". You don't get the "shipworker in Liverpool" bonus point. I assume that when Scotland play, you just tut at all the disgusting nationalism?

Oh, and you lose a point if your next post contains any variation of "Im a proud Scot but..."

I am an internationalist. I've been very lucky to have lived in several countries and visited many more. I do not believe in what our actual nationalist British parties want, which is to wall our country off and stop people from getting in. I think we should invite the world in to Scotland, and more people from Scotland should live abroad. Why? Because I am an internationalist.

For me, the real nationalists are the BritNats. Represented most fervently by their North British "proud scotch" pawns. You say the enemy is the elite? Did you not notice the millions poured into project fear from ethically questionable types? The saturated media coverage from our well landed tycoons? The hysterical bleatings from the rich who felt they had most to lose? You surely noticed this? That is your answer. We had a chance to stand up to the elite. We had them scared. And people like you bottled it. And for that, I am angry.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem with our political elite, yes. Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, Michael Moore, Michael Forsyth. The authentic and disgusting voices of London, to pick just a few stomach churning examples.

But you keep bringing up nationalism. Lets take nationalism out of it. How did you feel about McCrone when you heard? How did you feel about "vote no and get something better". Either 1979 or 2014. This is about our "own" government lying to us systematically and repeatedly. Did that not annoy you? Did you not feel a tiny bit embarrassed after falling for their lies for the 27 millionth time?

I'm glad you abhor nationalism though. You get a tick for the "...in all forms". You don't get the "shipworker in Liverpool" bonus point. I assume that when Scotland play, you just tut at all the disgusting nationalism?

Oh, and you lose a point if your next post contains any variation of "Im a proud Scot but..."

I am an internationalist. I've been very lucky to have lived in several countries and visited many more. I do not believe in what our actual nationalist British parties want, which is to wall our country off and stop people from getting in. I think we should invite the world in to Scotland, and more people from Scotland should live abroad. Why? Because I am an internationalist.

For me, the real nationalists are the BritNats. Represented most fervently by their North British "proud scotch" pawns. You say the enemy is the elite? Did you not notice the millions poured into project fear from ethically questionable types? The saturated media coverage from our well landed tycoons? The hysterical bleatings from the rich who felt they had most to lose? You surely noticed this? That is your answer. We had a chance to stand up to the elite. We had them scared. And people like you bottled it. And for that, I am angry.

The SNP knows all about well landed tycoons - one of them determines their party policy on bus deregulation. Or how how about our ex-FM's close relationship with the crooks who ran RBS?

All parties are awash with these chancers - it's not about nationalism or independence - they just happen to be the targets at the time. International capitalism has opposed and supported independent causes around the world - it always comes down to what is in their financial interests.

The SNP knows all about well landed tycoons - one of them determines their party policy on bus deregulation. Or how how about our ex-FM's close relationship with the crooks who ran RBS?

All parties are awash with these chancers - it's not about nationalism or independence - they just happen to be the targets at the time. International capitalism has opposed and supported independent causes around the world - it always comes down to what is in their financial interests.

I must have missed the Labour party clamping down on RBS. And Soutar is only ever brought up on these forums as a deflection tactic. This is all irrelevant guff.

Lets ignore the party politics and stick to relevance here. During the independence campaign, the papers (independent of political parties) came out solidly 100% for the Union. The Telegraphs Scottish editor admitted in his own book to suppressing pro-independence stories, the BBC got found guilty of referendum misconduct, and just last week, their own trust hammered their referendum coverage.

Furthermore, back to our elite. Not a week went by when we didnt hear another rich business person threatening to punish us ungrateful scotch. To pick three "random"* examples, B&Q threatened to cut jobs, Tesco threatened to stop building stores, and Michelle Mone threatened to leave Scotland. This was just three of a huge torrent of people with a lot to lose, screaming for us to get back in our box.

That was our moment. And lets run through your posts again. You dont like nationalism, your enemy are the rich elite, the rich elite were against scottish independence, you sided with rich elite.

Am i missing something here?

You have more chips than Harry Ramsden's.

Nationalists talk about the Scottish cringe - but the only cringe I get is when muppets like you equate Scotland to some 19th century colony.

It is so far from the truth.

By your logic the Scottish Government are quislings as they are acting under the rule of London.

That Sir is I believe a head shot!

The Royals have never bothered me before. I read comments on here and on Twitter about them being scroungers and used to cringe half the time in all honesty. What does bother me about them is that any nutter can end up King or Queen and this proves that. The Queen was a 6 year old lassie doing what her auld man told her to do for the camera and I don't believe she is a Nazi - she witnessed the bombings of her home city by them for starters - but we can get folk, like her dad, in power with those sort of beliefs.

The Royals have never bothered me before. I read comments on here and on Twitter about them being scroungers and used to cringe half the time in all honesty. What does bother me about them is that any nutter can end up King or Queen and this proves that. The Queen was a 6 year old lassie doing what her auld man told her to do for the camera and I don't believe she is a Nazi - she witnessed the bombings of her home city by them for starters - but we can get folk, like her dad, in power with those sort of beliefs.

Her uncle was the man in the film, not her father in case that's what you meant.

Her uncle was the man in the film, not her father in case that's what you meant.

The point still stands.

Sure, but her Uncle got kicked out probably partly for these kind of beliefs, and her Dad replaced him.

And wanting to get balls deep in Wallis Simpson of course.

Unlike you I know who the real enemy is.

You seem to have this venomous hate of London - London isn't the problem. The real problem is the role of capitalism and how ruling elites have used and abused working people across the centuries.

I fervently abhor nationalism of all kinds - for me it is the tool of ne'er-do-wells to deflect from the real target of people's ire. It's a shame someone like you who clearly is intelligent has fallen for it hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Times.

Including british nationalism? That is undoubtedly the most dangerous. The UK trying to be billy big balls on the world stage while the people suffer for it. The British Empire is gone and Britains power is slowly fading, an independent Scotland would hasten it. Hence the begging, threatening and bribes(which turned out to be lies) pre referendum.

On the plus side, much more people in Scotland are now politically engaged and the younger people can see through the bullshit. The Union is on its last legs. And no amount of 'but, but, but people said no' can change that. :thumsup2

Saying you despise nationalism whilst constantly adopting a default britnat position is in no way inconsistent or disingenuous.

Quote where and when.

What you mean to say is that by opposing a Scottish nationalist position that makes me by default a Brit Nat.

If it hasn't passed you by we are currently governed in a number of areas by an SNP government - some policies of whose I'd support and others I'd oppose.

I just don't fit in to your tidy BritNat/ScotNat view of the world.

Ever thought that it's possible to think that both are wrong?

Because I do - it also explains my stance on the referendum.

Including british nationalism? That is undoubtedly the most dangerous. The UK trying to be billy big balls on the world stage while the people suffer for it. The British Empire is gone and Britains power is slowly fading, an independent Scotland would hasten it. Hence the begging, threatening and bribes(which turned out to be lies) pre referendum.

On the plus side, much more people in Scotland are now politically engaged and the younger people can see through the bullshit. The Union is on its last legs. And no amount of 'but, but, but people said no' can change that. :thumsup2

I think nation states as a whole are going to become less and less relevant.

You know, I think a lot of Unionists have very simplistic ideas of what it means to be a Yes voter.

Last time I was in Scotland, I got into a conversation with one of my few no voting relatives about kilts. Now I fucking hate kilts. They are artificial, pretentious, snobby, and impractical, so I won't wear them.

This stunned the No voter, a big kilt fan. "But you're a massive Scottish nationalist"? And theres the difference. We are Scottish. No better, no worse, but Scottish. We don't need to be "Proud" or "patriotic".

I called the Unionists the "proudscots" last year. They couldnt start a sentence without "Im a proud Scot but...". They were also invariably slavering Britnats too. Add the proud scotchism to the weird ethnic "we were an empire" nationalism of the Brits as a whole, and you have a really quite unpleasant combination (see Ireland, Northern. Also Farage, Nigel). To throw in your lot with them, given that project fear was 50% rich elites threatening us, and 50% ethnonat dog whistles, is a very strange position for someone who abhors all nationalism.

I just hope they don't watch the Scottish national team.

I think nation states as a whole are going to become less and less relevant.

I agree. I would like to see us fully part of Europe and in the Euro. My love for Europe is one of my biggest reasons I desperately want us out of Britain.

I agree. I would like to see us fully part of Europe and in the Euro. My love for Europe is one of my biggest reasons I desperately want us out of Britain.

Have doubts about the Euro.

If we were to be independent I'd want us to have an iCurrency governed by an independent central bank.

I'm far too late for the, classic IMO, gag. "How tall is Adolf Hitler and where does he live?" Aren't I? Besides, its a visual gag and I don't think it would work anyway.

Apologies, don't mind me, crack on gents.

Look at you, the uber-brit. Probably punched the air with glee when you first heard about the McCrone report.

I don't know what the McCrone report is. I'm not an Uber-Brit what even is that?

Have doubts about the Euro.

If we were to be independent I'd want us to have an iCurrency governed by an independent central bank.

Im not that fussed about currency. I've lived in countries where they have the Euro, where they have an isolated currency that cant be traded externally, and currently live in a country where the currency was artificially pegged to the dollar until recently.

And yet, all of these different arrangements can be made to work. So in all honesty, the currency issue was a total non issue for me during the referendum. Im confident that whatever arrangement we chose could have worked.

So I favour joining the Euro for ideological reasons. I also think that the current crisis could be interpereted in a number of ways, but my take is that countries in the Eurozone had more say on the future of Greece than countries outside. I'd like us to commit!

Archived