A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1,321 Jags there today - good turnout.

I'd have taken a draw before the game, so to still get one when playing with 10 men for 65 minutes, with the two young boys at CB, is pleasing.

Hopefully based on the Killie result today, neither of us will have to worry about 12th place.

We 100% would've lost that last season so I'm happy all round. Frans can have no arguments. Two needless fouls.

First half from both teams was sloppy, scrappy and slippy. I'm not one to moan about plastic pitches but what was all that about? Everyone falling about the place.

First booking was fair enough but the second one, nah. Looked like Frans lost his footing. Not every foul is a booking. The referee was clueless throughout, as was the stand side linesman.

Cerny looked shaky in the first half but was excellent in the second. The save from Ali Crawford (he is v v good btw) was ridiculous, and you could argue he won us a point - which as mentioned, Fox never really did. Hendry and Lindsay were excellent, not sure if I'd want them both starting next week though. Osman was very quiet. Welsh was superb, really hope we can get 25+ appearances from him this season. Amoo never get into the game at all. Bannigan put in a shift and did fairly well out of position. Doolan tried hard but was so isolated which is understandable.

We were unlucky but we really should've won. Kurakins, Crawford, Kurtaj and Nade all looked sharp and Docherty was fine but Longridge, Gordon and Gills were all very poor. Morris didn't look good from the bench. Was surprised Imrie was hooked as he was impressive compared to Longridge. Couple of great saves from Cerny. Still a lad.

Thistle celebrating a 0-0 draw as if they've won the league :lol:

I'm happy with a point in the circumstances but personally didn't give it the big one as a point against that gang isn't much to rave about even with ten men.

It was nice of Canning to keep the pedestrians Nade and Turner on as long as he did 8)

Well done Thistle , organised , every player knew there job , team who play for the manager , no relegation worries on that gutsy display .

Accies are stuck with that half-wit Canning and his tactics of kick it up to Nade which made it easy for Thistle to defend , why not go two up front and go for it instead of hoping that Crawford would bail us out of a hole . Tubby Turner and Longridge starting says it all about our squad , what is the record for least goals scored in the top flight in a season? we look good for it , leave now Canning while you have any good will left . No way would Accies have held out if we have had to play with ten men that long .

Lindsay and Hendry were superb, Cerny looked a bit dodgy at first but what a save on Crawford and Welsh was very classy.

Still to be impressed by Amoo.

What was all that at half time? Did I see some Hamilton ned throw a sandbag or did I imagine it?

Oh I'm usually not critical of artificial surfaces but that was awful first half. No one looked comforable on their feet when sprinting and the ball was zipping about very quickly.

When I saw the shit starting team - their was was no way we're were scoring a goal!

The Neil formation only worked if you have some one of the striker that can score! Why can't we play two up top some times?

Personally I would have hooked Doolan and kept Stevenson on but it was a decent point in the end under the circumstances.

If we can bring in a decent striker and keep Welsh fit then we should have enough to stay up.

Archived