Sign in to follow this  
Im_Rodger

A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

I know it's a while away but I'm absolutely buzzing for the new season. Can't wait to see our new signings in action. Feel a lot more confident for this fixture than I did a week ago... 2-0 Accies Chaporro double.

Thistle had our number last year. We just couldn't get going against them.

Except for in the last 5 minutes of games where you scored about 12 goals against us.

Except for in the last 5 minutes of games where you scored about 12 goals against us.

That first game at Firhill was one of my favourites last season. Absolute screamer of a goal by Higginbotham (I think) seemed to have us buried with five minutes to go.

Step forward Tony and Jason. Worth the shitfest of an 85 minutes for the 5 that finished it off.

Edited by d_t_b

At least with the shitty summer weather we've had this year the Killing Field should be well watered for once...

f**k, just noticed theres an evening meeting at Hamilton that day as well. :guinness

mwi.com

Ladies night too ffs :lol: With Mark Wright from TOWIE

Edited by Snakebite

The new season can't come quick enough. Don't care much for friendlies so this will be my 1st glimpse of our new signings. Plenty competition for places now so it'll be interesting to see the team Canning chooses. In saying that, I'm sure we still have a few injuries worries but we should have every position covered now. No idea how this game will pan out but it would be good to start the season with a win at home to get our season off to a flyer.

At least with the shitty summer weather we've had this year the Killing Field should be well watered for once...

It's a completely new pitch from last year. No idea what it's like but it apparently cost 300K.

Cerny to score the winner from a clearance to mark his competitive debut against his old club, how sweet wld that be for the first 3 points of the season.

Still got to see who else we bring in but I reckon out of the new players it'll be Kurakins, Turner and Nade that'll start. I can see it being a pretty even game as MOST of them were last season (let's not speak of the 5-0 one). Who knows how any of the signings will do and who knows if Canning's upped his game over the summer but there's a fair bit of excitement around the team now and certainly more than there was this time last week.

5 nil? That sounds like something that should be talked about.

It really doesn't... Please

Ah yes, doolan got 4 and that mug eccleston even got a goal. Ali Crawford wearing gloves ffs.

Still finished below us though eh?

Still got to see who else we bring in but I reckon out of the new players it'll be Kurakins, Turner and Nade that'll start. I can see it being a pretty even game as MOST of them were last season (let's not speak of the 5-0 one). Who knows how any of the signings will do and who knows if Canning's upped his game over the summer but there's a fair bit of excitement around the team now and certainly more than there was this time last week.

Not on the wind up but why is there excitement around your team? You limped home last year and you've added Chris Turner (out of his depth for us in the Flrst Division), Christian Nade, and some random foreigners.