A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

A f*cking embarrassment to both clubs. The grey hairs (and the obese bald arsehole) should be particularly ashamed of being caught on camera acting like that.

I would say that was after it had been calmed down slightly. Like I said before, grown men gobbing on each other and trying to throw punches over a fucking fence really are cringe. Should know better at that age.

:ph34r:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thistle celebrating a 0-0 draw as if they've won the league :lol:

Celebrating playing for 70 minutes with ten men (due to terrible refereeing and nothing else) and not losing a goal. Getting behind your team and supporting them to the end. That's something to be snide about?

You still drew 0-0 though on the first day of the season and 90% of your fans were acting like they had won the title in the last game of the season.

You still failed to beat 10 men, should be more of a concern for you lol

Good point for Thistle.Showed up clueless Canning's tactical naivety....or was it Les Gray's problem as he signed all those players.Playing two up top would have pressured the Thistle back line.An Alex Neil team harrying the opposition would have brought a convincing home win,but these are different times.

Two points dropped,good defensive rearguard action by Thistle.Both teams look punchless-even before the sending off.

The best bit about that sand bag throwing incident was the fact the boy who threw the said sand bag turned away, chatted to his pals, went back up the stand and sat on his phone for the next 20 minutes. No steward or policeman clocked him at all, which considering the circumstances is very poor from an Accies point of view. From what I saw it seems the stewards in the Accies end and the pre/postpubescent hard men are the best of pals. Decent entertainment for a rather dire first half though. It's not the first time there has been a wee confrontation at the seggy fence in recent years.

Anyway, I was delighted of how we defended and fought for one another, considering being a man down and the age of a lot of our players. It reminded me of the 0v0 at Starks Park in '13 just before we won the league. We were a man down that night and we were fantastic after that, real guts shown by the players then and today.

Very proud of Lindsay and Hendry today. Cerny's wonder save was top but I felt his save at the near post before was as pivotal albeit not as spectacular. The sort of archetypal save Fox would have let in at his near post. Welsh was class, his awareness is worth a weight in gold at times. Banzo was everywhere at one point and had some fantastic tackles near and around our own box. Osman was great off the ball today but at periods on the ball rather poor, nearly cost us a goal but he is still a boss.

Saw nothing to fear from Hamilton at all for the coming season.

I'm perplexed as to why some on here have labelled that as a "decent point". It was a great point. End of.

The best bit about that sand bag throwing incident was the fact the boy who threw the said sand bag turned away, chatted to his pals, went back up the stand and sat on his phone for the next 20 minutes. No steward or policeman clocked him at all, which considering the circumstances is very poor from an Accies point of view. From what I saw it seems the stewards in the Accies end and the pre/postpubescent hard men are the best of pals. Decent entertainment for a rather dire first half though. It's not the first time there has been a wee confrontation at the seggy fence in recent years.

Anyway, I was delighted of how we defended and fought for one another, considering being a man down and the age of a lot of our players. It reminded me of the 0v0 at Starks Park in '13 just before we won the league. We were a man down that night and we were fantastic after that, real guts shown by the players then and today.

Very proud of Lindsay and Hendry today. Cerny's wonder save was top but I felt his save at the near post before was as pivotal albeit not as spectacular. The sort of archetypal save Fox would have let in at his near post. Welsh was class, his awareness is worth a weight in gold at times. Banzo was everywhere at one point and had some fantastic tackles near and around our own box. Osman was great off the ball today but at periods on the ball rather poor, nearly cost us a goal but he is still a boss.

Saw nothing to fear from Hamilton at all for the coming season.

I'm perplexed as to why some on here have labelled that as a "decent point". It was a great point. End of.

We could have said the same about Thistle when it was 11 v 11 as both teams looked a bit toothless in attack when it was Even Stevens. Still too early to judge yet mind you. New signings for both the sides will need time to settle.

You still drew 0-0 though on the first day of the season and 90% of your fans were acting like they had won the title in the last game of the season.

Trying too hard, mate.

Attendance 2878....must have been a big Partick support.

1,321 Jags.

Congratulations Partick on successfully keeping 9 players in your box. Very difficult thing to do, great achievement. Thought we looked better when it was 11 v 11 although the finishing was poor. Cerny didn't have much to do in the 1st half. That save in the 2nd was incredible. Kurakins, Nade, Lucas and Crawford played well whilst Turner, Gillespie and Longridge just don't look up to it at all.

Congratulations Partick on successfully keeping 9 players in your box. Very difficult thing to do, great achievement. Thought we looked better when it was 11 v 11 although the finishing was poor. Cerny didn't have much to do in the 1st half. That save in the 2nd was incredible. Kurakins, Nade, Lucas and Crawford played well whilst Turner, Gillespie and Longridge just don't look up to it at all.

And for contributing to nearly half your crowd

Accies fans wanting Archibald to go baws oot and attack them with 10 men.

No wonder Canning gets a hard time with that kind of thinking.

1st game of the season, not too much at stake. Teams can adapt formation to retain their defence but still carry some threat but no just sit in and hope for a point. Cerny saved your team yesterday with a great save, if the shot off the post goes in then you lot would be whining that you just sat in. Tiny margins in this league.

I was full of praise for Thistle , great rear guard action , we were always going to be in a scrap this season but clueless Canning will make sure we go down , hear he is a nice guy but he should leave now , to say he was "proud of the performance" says it all about him as a manager .

Thought Accies were way too slow with the ball in central midfield. Gillespie has never impressed me, and Turner doesn't look like he's improved much since he left us.

Ali Crawford is a lovely player though. Think he'd really suit playing off the striker if he was with us. Links it well.

I was full of praise for Thistle , great rear guard action , we were always going to be in a scrap this season but clueless Canning will make sure we go down , hear he is a nice guy but he should leave now , to say he was "proud of the performance" says it all about him as a manager .

What should Canning have done? I would have replaced Turner and Longridge if not at half time probably 5 minutes after the restart. Imrie was poor but can always offer something at any moment. Folks are saying go with 2 up top but we had them hemmed in. It was the sloppyness from Gillespie and Turner and the slow build up play that allowed Thistle too much time to position themselves. We did manage to get in behind them a few times but it's very difficult to break teams that defend like that down. I don't think some of our fans appreciate that. Calling for Canning to step down after that is laughable. This is his team now, his players. Apart from Turner and Morris the rest look quite tidy.

1st game of the season, not too much at stake. Teams can adapt formation to retain their defence but still carry some threat but no just sit in and hope for a point.

Or sit in and hope to hit the opposition on the counter. But we don't really have an out ball, so that was probably a factor in Archie's thinking. As, I'm sure, would next week's game against Celtic. Zero points from the first two games would be poor, regardless of the opposition.

Looks to me like we have a manager who knows when to pick his battles. I'll be happy it if he continues to demonstrate that tactical astuteness throughout the season.

What should Canning have done? I would have replaced Turner and Longridge if not at half time probably 5 minutes after the restart. Imrie was poor but can always offer something at any moment. Folks are saying go with 2 up top but we had them hemmed in. It was the sloppyness from Gillespie and Turner and the slow build up play that allowed Thistle too much time to position themselves. We did manage to get in behind them a few times but it's very difficult to break teams that defend like that down. I don't think some of our fans appreciate that. Calling for Canning to step down after that is laughable. This is his team now, his players. Apart from Turner and Morris the rest look quite tidy.

Agree with all of this. Thistle had all their players behind the ball for most of the second half so they were always going to be difficult to break down. That said, we still could have scored 5 or 6 but for great keeping/poor finishing/bad luck. This could easily have turned into a 3 or 4 nil home win so I think the criticism is a bit over the top.Thistle defended well today but they know they got out of jail today (as their fans proved on the final whistle).

As you say, calling for Canning to step down after today is laughable. Kurakins, Kurtaj, Nade, Docherty all look promising additions and hopefully Crawford can keep up the consistency of his performance today. Of course it will be a tough season but I'm not throwing in the towel after one game!

Archived